• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower So what are you currently smoking?

Hopefully Honey Buns. But strains are so convoluted now I doubt any of us really know what our strain is

So I used to be the person that wasn’t too into strains because of your point. It seemed folks were just creating new strain names every other second. And there are... Folks that just trying and hoping they come up with something catchy enough.

Then I moved out to a spot that has growers which chase strains that actually are worth a damn. Strains which genetics can be tracked and understood. Folks with an understanding and a plan for the development of new strains, not just throwing random males and females together.

I then started doing my studying and have began to learn the world of cannabis genetics and strains more, nowadays I’m to the point where I can look and smell buds and know what their parents likely were.

My last strain was G13, as I said I’ve previously smoked this strain 4 yrs ago or so and this stuff was identical in every way. So identical it’s eerie.

Once in a great while I’ll go to a shop, buy some bud and be questioning the strain but usually those are cheap/shit stores.

I guess when it comes to medical cannabis every state is different and maybe some states have more problems with misnamed strains than others?

-GC

So I used to be the person that wasn’t too into strains because of your point. It seemed folks were just creating new strain names every other second. And there are... Folks that just trying and hoping they come up with something catchy enough.

Then I moved out to a spot that has growers which chase strains that actually are worth a damn. Strains which genetics can be tracked and understood. Folks with an understanding and a plan for the development of new strains, not just throwing random males and females together.

I then started doing my studying and have began to learn the world of cannabis genetics and strains more, nowadays I’m to the point where I can look and smell buds and know what their parents likely were.

My last strain was G13, as I said I’ve previously smoked this strain 4 yrs ago or so and this stuff was identical in every way. So identical it’s eerie.

Once in a great while I’ll go to a shop, buy some bud and be questioning the strain but usually those are cheap/shit stores.

I guess when it comes to medical cannabis every state is different and maybe some states have more problems with misnamed strains than others?

-GC
Yeah I mean, if I can find a strain and it matches up with leafly or other places then I’ll usually just assume it is what it is. I live in an illegal state but we have legal hemp. I’ve found that cbd flower can be just as confusing. Labeling things indica when they are sativa. I hope we get to a point where we have transparency just like any other industry. But we still are in the baby steps of marijuana movement so. But thank you for your response, you have some very valid points. It all comes down to the person giving a shit and treating it like as medicine before a business commodity

SzTywEq.jpg

MPd6aZy.jpg

i1noLRG.jpg
krKjQnk.jpg

ONLY THE BEST

On some cheap bottom shelf Master Kush right now. Kush strains are beginning to be my favorite after disliking them for so long. The high is in your face enough yet doesn’t seem to sedate me too bad.

-GC

that looks very close to the gum hash I have been smoking,
after burning in the pipe there is just a tiny whisp of white ash.

spectacular!

A change of pace this batch with some PB Mints. I'm pretty sure we tried this a lil while back as there was a little in a mixed bag a few batches ago but it was barely enough to say so. Maybe a g or 2. I'm happy to see how it stands on it's own. So far it's standing up quite well. :)

Duct Tape. A cross of Dosido and GG4. Much akin to GG4 than Dosido, hence why I’ve bought it a few times now.

Large resinous calyx’s that true to name stick to your hand while grinding apart even when ultra dry. Buds have a darker coloration than the more golden hues of GG4.

Overall a decent cross, while nothing to write home about is worth the buy. To be honest though I feel I prefer GG4 but still not bad.

-GC

Wow, I haven't tasted Northern Lights since mid 90's. Enjoy :)

Right now I have a few buds of my Blood Diamond Kush stash lined up for today.

Ye I love some NL, luckily I can get that most of the time from my online supplier, it's a fave classic of mine.

Never had blood diamond kush (so many strains and kush hybrids) - let us know what it's like.