• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

SO Photography Contest Discussion!!

^No you're not! You're always on it! :)
I just didn't want you thinking "Why did she wait for me to do it, she is a slacker!" hahahha

May I suggest a few threads

Funfairs, Bizzare, Mundane, Out of place (random), Tidelines, Death and/or Decay, Fauna, Flora, Fungi, Starts with E, Branding (not as in body modification), cooking, shadows and silhouettes, Cute, Gross and finally Green.

Bear, it's not just your photo's that are on fire, it's you as well :) (see what I did there?)

I'll add them right now. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: "Out of Place" has already been suggested by Mr NationOfThizzlam

I've omitted "Starts with an E", but we have a suggestion of the "Letters C to Z" still to do, so E will appear there at some stage.

Pillthrill has suggested "Death", but I have added your "Death and/or Decay" as well. I'll leave it to the mod who's turn it is to post the photo thread to choose which one.

Last edited:
So many good suggestions up on that list! :)

I like the tidelines suggestion- I have one I took the other day that will fit that one :D

I like the tidelines suggestion- I have one I took the other day that will fit that one :D

I'll be quite disappointed if nobody posts a pic of their filthy bath. In fact that reminds me, I know of a real fucking stinker lying in a field somewhere :D

Wow your quick - I just tried to find my earlier post to update it and it had moved :D

If I could add a new subject to the list - 'Comfort food' !

Bear, it's not just your photo's that are on fire, it's you as well :) (see what I did there?)

I'll add them right now. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: "Out of Place" has already been suggested by Mr NationOfThizzlam

I've omitted "Starts with an E", but we have a suggestion of the "Letters C to Z" still to do, so E will appear there at some stage.

Pillthrill has suggested "Death", but I have added your "Death and/or Decay" as well. I'll leave it to the mod who's turn it is to post the photo thread to choose which one.

Haha I can see why your now a S(super) mod ;)

So many good suggestions up on that list! :)

I'll be quite disappointed if nobody posts a pic of their filthy bath. In fact that reminds me, I know of a real fucking stinker lying in a field somewhere :D

Its funny as when I first thought of that topic I was thinking about the stuff that gets washed up on the beaches - I then started to think about it in more details and came up with the marks around taps, baths etc :D

What about' beauty and the beast', 'insects' , 'Paranoid' or 'hair' :D

I've never seen this list before and I love some of the subjects !

All done. Thanks for the input.

As always, if anyone wants any particular theme to come up in the next couple of weeks from the list, please let us know. Whenever a mod posts the photo rounds, we pick from the list what we think will be suitable, so by all means speak up!

Added :) I added them together since they sort of go hand in hand, but if you'd like them as two separate themes let me know and I'll separate them. :)

Shadows is gonna be a good one for sure.

So, are we ever going to find out how exactly the themes are picked?

^whatyaonabout? 8o I have at least 2 posts over the last few pages saying SO mods randomly choose the themes from the list. All dependant on who compiles the photo threads that week & what they deem to be a good subject from the current list of suggestions.

I've even asked on a couple of occasions if there are any requests for an upcoming theme. As yourself & Mysterier have only just spoken about shadows being a good round, I'm assuming you would like it to come up in the near future, so I will add it this week.

{Suggestions removed & put on last page}

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha well last time I heard, it was all dependent on the amount of crack the mods had been smoking.