• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

SO Photography Contest Discussion!!

Anyone else noticed this comp. is suffering? 'Multicultural' round attracted 4 entries. 'Landmarks' got 14 entries - and just 14 voters.

Maybe it needs widening somehow, or 'marketing' (uurgh!). Sometimes the appearance can be of a narrow or closed shop, a little clique with a few random outsiders thrown in from time to time.

The same few people slapping each others backs again and again isn't condusive to inclusion. Bluelight has thousands of members. I'm sure more than 14 have cameras. I know SO is not a massively active forum but I think efforts could be made to attract more people.

Unless y'all happy with a small private club of course.

^^ Yeah it's definitely been noted, thank you for bringing it up again though SHM. I've attempted to do a bit of "marketing" if you will, by adding each week's new theme as a link in my signature, which is viewable across the board. And every now and then I'll do some shameless promotion of the photo contest in other forums.
Not sure what else we can do. If anyone has any suggestions we're very open to them!

All in all, I personally don't mind if it's just the same people posting entries week in week out, after all, no-one's in it to WIN it as such. It's just a casual social avenue for us to share our work and have it be appreciated by our peers :)

Added, but should I say it was nominated by scubaboy200 or yourself? :D

bumped for viewing on the next page :)

{Suggestion list removed - new one further down the thread} - cletus

Last edited by a moderator:
What about farms, growth, emptiness, longing, hope and religious symbolism?
Have they been done ?

^ Have Wealth or Poverty been done yet? Could be interesting topics.

Just added:

Modernity
Balance
Impressions
2 Legs
4 Legs
Craft
Metal
Glass

whose leg do i have to hump to get 'Concrete' added to the list?

That'll be me, but we can leave out the humping thx 8o

It wouldn't be right somehow.