• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

So... my mom just found out about my drug use...

Whew... I thought we were going to have to start looking for a new Mod ;)
Dustin, glad everything is going better now :)

Originally posted by DJLA:
stupid gal alert... what are rigs?
ya...i didn't know what they were either...
like i said caff, hope things work out later...

Originally posted by alert:
Oh, and in my parents case anyway, after the basic shock they sort of get used to it. My parents found out the HARD way also, I ate 32 klonopin and went to school, passed out on the floor and ended up leaving in an ambulance, which is never good. How old are you? It really might not be as bad as it seems, and shit, at least its not a secret anymore...
Holy shit? 32???? I took like 2 Klonopin once and got all fucked up. But maybe that was cos I also was stoned and drunk. LOL! But 32 is a LOT to take of any pill! I'm surprised you didn't die.
The way my Mom found out about my drug use was hard enough for me. I got kicked out of arts school in England for doing drugs. They made me call Mom on the phone and tell her myself. THAT was hard!
My Mom has known about my drug ever since then. She doesn't like it, but she is too smart for me to hide ANYTHING from her. Back in the 70's she was a little drug-using hippie, but now she's totally anti-drugs. Still since she had so much experience, she's hard to fool
She did get REALLY upset the other day when she found out I've been shooting up though. Fuck, I was hoping she wouldn't find out. I was sleeping on the couch and she came in and saw my arms! The conversation we had was not a pleasant one. Especially when I admitted to having shared a needle with a friend. I just got up, went to my friend's house, slammed some coke, and felt better. My Mom might kick me out again soon though. She kicked me out once for drugs back in June or July. I moved 8 times since then and finally ended up on the streets so she let me move back in. She was hoping I would quit drugs, so finding out about me shooting up didn't help much.
[ 09 December 2002: Message edited by: smokin8balll420trip ]

Maybe you should stay clean till you have a place of your own then do whatever you want. I am not preaching against drugs, just against being alone on the streets. If scales were illegal, Id have to sell em all if I were to stay

My mom found out because my own sister narced on me. She went off like a tea kettle and I damn near got everything taken away from me. Fortunatlly I had not done Ex by this time so all she found out about was weed, so it could've been worse. Still for months afterwords I had to be home at 10, she'd check my car/room, some friends I had to hide from her. But that was more than a year ago and my mom and I are awseome today but guess who's not cool with her, my sister. Yep, it appears that my sister skips school alot (no drugs just skips school). So you see, in the end it all turns out alright. Still, that does suck.

I'm sorry Dustin... It really sucks when the folks find out.
My parents also found out the hard way. I was at a friends house back in 2001 just chill'n waiting to go out with some other friends. Well I had just happened to pick up some pills(15) and had them in my bag. I'm sitting on the couch in the living room, not even 10 minutes go by and then fucking cops come charging in. YEP full on fucking RAID of the house. A friend of mine that was living there sold to a nark. Yeap so I got caught in the middle. So my parents got a nasty little call from the jail saying I been arrested for pills. Boy when I got out the next day I got home went to bed for a what seemed like forever. Then my mom came and woke me up and said we need to have a family "talk." I also totally played my drug use down. But they were really just disappointed in me and wanted to get me help. Low and behold I got out of going to rehab. (cause it was pretty expensive)
I just wish more parents are understanding with their kids like mine were with me.

Heres my checklist of everything my parents found of mine when i was growing up
-numerous bags of pot. But I smoke in the house now, they dont mind pot too much
-vial of acid
-oz of mushrooms
-coke
-pharmies
-and the worst of all, they found crack!

My advice to anyone...
DONT KEEP DRUGS IN YOUR PARENTS HOUSE.
I consider it extremely rude to do that... unless they are cool about it. Also shit like rigs and that should definately NOT be anywhere near your olds or their house.
I know it is hard but you really gotta find somewhere else... Show them some respect, they do deserve that(believe it or not!)

Damn, I feel pretty fuckin lucky! My mom knows that I use drugs and she justs tells me to be safe with them. I have a family history of depression and abuse so she worries, but as long as I keep being honest with her she is cool about it. I just try not to use or store much with me while I am living with her.
The only thing my mom has ever done is smoked a ciggarette. We were talking about drugs once and I happened to have a pot brownie. She mentioned she wouldn't mind trying cooked pot and I was like, hmmm ;) Mom, I have a pot brownie would you like to try some? So she did, but only to taste. She even had a second bite and apparently she really liked it but it didn't get her high. I was happy to share that with her, it was pretty special :)
But I know what it is like to live with someone who is totally anti anything that isn't coffee, it's scary and even more so if it is not your own mother. I feel you man, that's good your mom atleast somewhat understands. Lie as little as you can, just skirt around things and make her get the big picture...that you are as safe as you can and encourage others to do the same. If she can't accept you for who you are than she is sorely missing out on something very special. I was thinking about this earlier tonight. When parents restrict you so much but still expect love and respect from you is damn near worse than death. It's like death of love and a possible growing relationship. It tends to make you want to do more drugs in my experiences. Good luck man and drive safely.
Peace

my parents found out about my drug use when i was tripping on acid for the first time. i took 2 hits of red gel tabs. i also got kicked out of school that day.
i came home with my friend who was also tripping. we were all fucked up and my parents could tell. so i said that we smoked some weed and that i had only just started doing it. they were pissed as fuck at first. they wanted to send me to a shrink or rehab but i talked them out of it.
now my mom is ok with my smoking weed. she doesnt like it but she doesnt trip on it either.
peace

Shit, that doesn't sound like the best way of introducing your parents softly and gently to the world of drug use and your involvement in it.
My parents were reasonably accepting of it, I guess I always felt reasonably comfortable talking to them about stuff, so I discussed pills with them before I took my first one, and they know I moderate on this site, and they know that I have consumed more different types of chems than are found in your average police laboratory.
I guess, like I said, I was lucky. They decided that I was old enough to be able to make my own decisions, and while my mother never exactly was over the moon when I used to call up asking for more money to get home, having spent it all on meth which I blew over the course of the 2 or three days which I'd been out of contact with them for. Needless to say, those days of complete irresponsibility are over, and I'm lucky that my parents were tolerant of me being a fuckwit. Now I'm substantially more responsible, and in my own home, my parents are always aware of what I do, as I make no attempt to conceal it from them.
They'd rather I was honest with them.
:)
-plaz out-

Some crazy stories!
Fortunatly, neither of my parents have found out for sure about anything. I'm quite certain that they are exteremly suspicious though.
One time, my dad discovered me chopping up phylaris grass in the garage and asked what I was doing. Since I'm a really bad liar, I said something along the lines of 'Uhmm... I'm going to attempt to do a chemical extraction..' and explained what the chemical I was trying to extract was. I think he got the idea that I was dealing drugs out of his house (which I damnwell wasn't) and completely freaked out at me. He didn't seem to understand that I was mearly doing it to see if I could (I was taking a chem class at the time.. and utilizing all these neat equations I learn in a real-world situation, damnit!), even after I told him several times. He decided that I was doing this to 'impress my drug-friends'. (which he believes because my brother (who had a bad problem with GHB claimed that he got all of it from two very close friends of mine) But .. yeah. His one drug expreience was an IM of K from a Dr after he got 2/3's of his body burnt in an accident. (I tried to explain that they couldn't have used opiats because of their effects on the respretory system and heart, but he wouldn't have it :p) So all in all, moved back to where I was living before I moved back in with him, and didn't talk to him for about 2 weeks. After that, we somehow managed to get on speaking terms again, and it seems that everything is forgotten. Or at least forgiven.
The story with my mom is a bit more funny, if anything. Apparently, the same brother told her (while he was in a sort of crazy rage fit) that I had been using meth every day since I was in 5th grade. (He's sort of a compulsive liar...) Before I know about this, I am presented with a surprising question by my mom and step-pops.
"Are you currently, or have you ever in the past, used drugs?"
First thought: 'WTF!'
Second thought: 'hmm.. am I currently using? No, I'm sober right now! Have I ever used in the past? Well, the idea of time is pretty wacky. All I am is really a collection of memories and a logic processor, and I don't really -know- if anything thats happened ever has. So I can't really say 'yes' or 'no'. Lets go with...'
"Lets ... define 'drug'..." You know.. it has different meanings to different people. Different connotations and all that.
His responce: "You know, any illegal drug. Crack, heroin, marijuana..."
My thoughts: "WTF! I DO NOT SMOKE CRACK! And how dare you put weed on the same level as crack and heroin. TOOOOTALLY different." So I say 'I don't smoke crack! That's ghetto! And I smoked weed once in high school, got really sick and puked.' (that was actually just last year... but whatever :) (if you were stuck imagining a six foot tall sine wave going through your body, being three feet above your body and three feet below at the same time, you would too :D )
Then I hear the news, that I've been doing meth since fifth grade. I explained that I really wish someone had informed me of that, and how there would be no possible way for me to afford that! Also, that I would probably be dead. I managed to effectivly avoid all of their questions, and spouted off some random drug trivia. (which was ... prooobably a bad idea.) But apparently what gave my brother this idea was when a friend of his sold me some 'speed' when I was in 5th or 6th grade. It turned out to be powdered milk, and didn't try it again for 7 years after that. That was quite a shocker though.
Either way, we're still all good. I don't intend on them finding out anything else, because they're not accepting to new ideas. Or accepting that they might be wrong. Yay for reefer madness. :p
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. And stuff. Just thought I'd share with all y'alls.
Oh, I agree with the 'no-dope-in-parents-house' if they're not cool with it. (Even though I -have- broken that rule a couple times :&gt ;) And lieing is bad. It shows that you are not to be trusted. Bend the truth or be honest. Or at least justify it, like I did. ;)
--Shiido, the s00perkitty

I actually told my parents everything the day before an unrelated trial date. One of the states witness' against me was a kid that knew about my drug use so I figured I might as well let them know before they found out the hard way. My parents are the type of people that have never dealt with a drug in their life, shit they have never even seen a drug... they dont drink either. So being raised in a strict hispanic household I thought I was done.
My parents stuck by me, I told them I used to sell a massive amounts of drugs and was addicted to painkillers.
They helped me out, they took me to rehab when my school let out, and talked to my friends to see what they should do, my friends were the ones that convinced them not to kick me out of my house. They said that if they were to kick me out, I would only get worse (which is probably true).
Keep your head up bro. Suicide is never an option in my book, that's the easy way out and if you get your shit together your parents will be proud, trust me. Moderation is the key as well...
What did they catch you with btw? And how much do they know?

yeah, it sucks ass....my mom found out about me too and it didnt go to well either, but now she acts like it never happened and ignores all the signs of my drug use now so, just give it time.....it'll get better