• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

so i may have ingested 5000mg of acetaminophen while trying to take 16 15mg dxm pills

Vexanize

Bluelighter
so i swallowed about 16 15mg dxm pills (keep in mind this is my first time doing dxm), which adds up to 240mg dxm. Later on, I found out that I had made a mistake. I forgot to check for acetaminophen (Tylenol). so, i looked up the pill label P30 and found that I have swallowed 5200mg of acetaminophen. I weigh about 180 lbs and am 18. Will I be okay? If so is this enough for a trip?:?:)

You went over the 24 hour limit by about 1200, I can't tell you if you'll be ok or not, everyone is different. Chances are you'll be fine, but it's not certain. Don't take 1 more drop today and I would avoid tylenol and alcohol for the next few days to let your liver recover a bit.

As for the trip, the dose is so subjective with each individual that I can't answer that question. Might be enough and it might not. But it is a good dose to start with.

thank you for replying so quickly! I can barely think straight and that paragraph that i wrote felt like writing an essay, so I think I'm good for now lmao.:)

You went over the 24 hour limit by about 1200, I can't tell you if you'll be ok or not, everyone is different. Chances are you'll be fine, but it's not certain. Don't take 1 more drop today and I would avoid tylenol and alcohol for the next few days to let your liver recover a bit.

As for the trip, the dose is so subjective with each individual that I can't answer that question. Might be enough and it might not. But it is a good dose to start with.
Would it be ok to go on a walk on dxm, like would it be fun? Or would I be risking the chance of passing out?

Would it be ok to go on a walk on dxm, like would it be fun? Or would I be risking the chance of passing out?

^ You know yourself better than anyone here and "what's fun" type questions are better suited for Drug Culture. If you feel lightheaded or dizzy upon standing, that could mean you may pass out. We can only guess.

Next time you plan to take DXM, educate yourself and check the label beforehand to make sure it is a DXM only preparation.

^ You know yourself better than anyone here and "what's fun" type questions are better suited for Drug Culture. If you feel lightheaded or dizzy upon standing, that could mean you may pass out. We can only guess.

Next time you plan to take DXM, educate yourself and check the label beforehand to make sure it is a DXM only preparation.
Yes I agree, I threw away the box immediately without even thinking and took them without checking the label. Jeez, I took this at like 2pm and now it's 8pm and I still feel it. How long does this last

Personally, it takes me 12 hours (at a moderate dose) to stop feeling the afterglow. However, peaks are usually only 2-4 hours.

Acetaminophen is pretty toxic. You should avoid taking it when possible. It requires glutathione to be metabolized safely. Once your glutathione stores are depleted it is metabolized by nucleophilic macromolecules and is extremely toxic. Alcohol consumption also depletes glutathione reserves. around 12,000 mg of acetampinophen poses a high risk for liver damage. So while you probably won't die you most likely did some permanent damage to your liver with such a high dose of 5 grams. I would try to avoid all products containing acetaminophen. Here is the metabolism. The PAPs and Glutathione are the safe paths to metabolize the drug.
F1.large.jpg

Vexanize, while I understand that you're relatively naive to the finer points of recreational drug use, I have to be straight with you in saying that, if what you've done here is any indication of how you will progress, you are not long for this world. This is for your own good, but what you've done here is extremely careless and stupid. There's no other way to frame this and I feel like by coddling you, I could be enabling you to do the same thing in the future.

What you have done will most likely not kill you, but it will most likely damage your liver. Do I know this for fact? Of course not. The thing is, however, you have taken a rather large fraction of what would be a lethal dose for most average human beings. You are not likely to die from this one time incident, but if you tell me that "nothing" happens to your liver from such an insult, I wouldn't be inclined to believe it. I know this is probably bad news, but you need to take better care in the future if you don't want a liver transplant in your late 20's.

Have you experienced vomiting and/or stomach pain OP? Is there any kind of nagging pain in your mid-torso?

What you have done will most likely not kill you, but it will most likely damage your liver. Do I know this for fact? Of course not. The thing is, however, you have taken a rather large fraction of what would be a lethal dose for most average human beings. You are not likely to die from this one time incident, but if you tell me that "nothing" happens to your liver from such an insult, I wouldn't be inclined to believe it. I know this is probably bad news, but you need to take better care in the future if you don't want a liver transplant in your late 20's.

Have you experienced vomiting and/or stomach pain OP? Is there any kind of nagging pain in your mid-torso?

I agree. I would imagine that this caused some damage, even if it wasn't enough to cause symptoms and result in an overdose in the immediate term. Also, it was incredibly reckless of OP to take 15 pills without thoroughly reading the label. To not even know what you're taking for sure and then dive in headfirst like that is playing Russian roulette. If OP does experience symptoms, it's reason to go to the ER. There aren't really shades of gray when it comes to acetaminophen overdoses to speak of. If the symptoms of one are noticeable, the damage is serious enough to warrant medical attention. OP also should avoid any other acetaminophen-containing drugs as well as alcohol for a good while. If possible, I would avoid acetaminophen entirely and at least be extremely cautious about avoiding going over the recommended dosage. It's quite a toxic drug, which unfortunately many people don't realize. Thousands of people overdose on acetaminophen every year simply because they are unaware of just how toxic it can be. Also, symptoms can take 24-48 hours to appear, which can cause people to be unaware that their symptoms are caused by the acetaminophen and thus not get treatment quickly enough.

Acetaminophen is pretty toxic. You should avoid taking it when possible. It requires glutathione to be metabolized safely. Once your glutathione stores are depleted it is metabolized by nucleophilic macromolecules and is extremely toxic. Alcohol consumption also depletes glutathione reserves. around 12,000 mg of acetampinophen poses a high risk for liver damage. So while you probably won't die you most likely did some permanent damage to your liver with such a high dose of 5 grams. I would try to avoid all products containing acetaminophen. Here is the metabolism. The PAPs and Glutathione are the safe paths to metabolize the drug.
F1.large.jpg
wow.. i had no clue that it was so toxic....
thank you very much, i will cease to use that chemical when i have headaches....or any other kind of pain

no. Luckily, I feel fine. Thanks for the advice though. I am trying to quit, i was sober for 3 months after my residential center. I hope to go longer without drugs and keep going in a good direction.

im done with all this stupid shit, im sticking to weed and kava. psychedelics and this shit hurt me more than help with my crave for "insight". I need to practice meditation or something healthy like exercise. I need to talk to my therapist more often. thanks for the advice though

Last edited:
no. Luckily, I feel fine. Thanks for the advice though. I am trying to quit, i was sober for 3 months after my residential center. I hope to go longer without drugs and keep going in a good direction.

Sounds good and apparently your miscalculation didn't end up causing you any harm. And yes, if you've committed to staying sober, stick with that commitment.

This is like saying I took two cups of coffee instead of one lol why have so many people replied and yes op you will be fine in fact I wouldn't recommend it but it you took that dose each day for three days you would still PROBABLY be ok as long as you have a healthy liver.

If I remember right isn't acetaminophen a blood thinner I remember reading up on Tylenol a while back and I think that's what relieves the pressure from the headache I know ibuprofen in high doses can cause internal bleeding correct me if I'm wrong I'm not entirely versed in all the terminology and side effects so I can't say undoubtfully I'm right but I'm trying to learn as much as I can for insight and partially to become a safer and smarter user I've made a few mistakes in the past year like trying to smoke gabbies without researching it first can I get some people to teach me I've read through a lot of threads on things I do but I can't find all the answers I'm looking for

If I remember right isn't acetaminophen a blood thinner I remember reading up on Tylenol a while back and I think that's what relieves the pressure from the headache I know ibuprofen in high doses can cause internal bleeding correct me if I'm wrong I'm not entirely versed in all the terminology and side effects so I can't say undoubtfully I'm right but I'm trying to learn as much as I can for insight and partially to become a safer and smarter user I've made a few mistakes in the past year like trying to smoke gabbies without researching it first can I get some people to teach me I've read through a lot of threads on things I do but I can't find all the answers I'm looking for

I've never heard of it as a blood thinner. It's used as a pain reliever and fever reducer. It's in many of not most opiate painkillers and also tons of DXM products and certain other otc meds that can be psychoactive. Taking under 3000 mg in 24h is safe, but if you take more than that it puts you at risk of acute liver failure which either results in death or a lengthy hospital stay that may include a liver transplant. The recommended dose used to be 4000 milligrams in 24h but it got lowered to 3000 because very occasionally people's livers started going defunct at the 4000 milligram dose.

If you're a regular drinker, it's best to avoid it in any dose since drinking changes liver function in a way that makes it way more toxic for as long as a week after you last drank. Regular drinkers have had issues with it in very low dosages. All in all, if do dxm, you need to check the label and not recreationally use a product with any amount of acetaminophen which is also known as apap and paracetamol. Also, it is in painkillers and if you use those you need to carefully keep track of your daily acetaminophen dose as not to od and avoid acetaminophen containing products altogether if you drink more than 3 drinks on a regular basis (as I'd guess a large portion of Bluelighters do).

Definitely good to be an educated user. It's important to know what you're doing. And you definitely came to the right place.

Oh and if you do DXM, you should avoid other active ingredients as well. If you do DXM recreationaly, you're taking so much more than the "recommend dose" that other active ingredients, while less toxic than acetaminophen, can cause some nasty side effects that at the very least can ruin the high and may even be dangerous in the case of cpm and to a lesser extent guaifensin as it can cause kidney stones in high enough doses. DXM only products are the only "safe" ones to use, though of course any psychoactive DXM included has risks. Overall, I don't really like it as it makes me very apathetic and slightly sick. Some people love it though, but using it to frequently for a long period of time isn't good for mental health. It's best used occasionally, if you choose to use it.

I have taken 19,000mg by accident long before i found this site and nothimg happened tho i wont recommend it