where dying is living
and raping is loving
and there is no more forgiving.
You're just here for a while
so you might as well smile
and stay up so high
until the one day you die.
For this way, you'll never again cry.
My on-again, off-again struggle with drugs. I've got it all under control. No, this time I really do. Then those moments of truth...maybe I don't really have any control at all. Then the sketchiness fades and so does its memory, leaving me thinking everything is alright again. Which is it? I don't know. Maybe some of you can relate to this, after all, the line between recreational drug use and addiction- whether physical or psychological- can be so blurred. Anyway, just some thoughts to chew on.
Peace,
kimmy.
------------------
We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we could only fly embracing each other.

I read this yesterday and it reminded me of a time when I was seriously into meth and violence. Even in the times when I was not high I lived as if there was nothing else but the life I was living. I don’t blame the drug, it was all me. I was hiding from the ugly truths that I lived everyday. They were hard to face, but once I faced them things changed for me. I truly believe that recreational drug use can be a mental health benefit(it has been for me at least). Sure people get addicted to drugs, but they also get addicted to food, love, sex, pain, etc... I have seen alcoholics stop drinking and become addicted to coffee and religion. Trade one addiction for another and you are still an addict - granted coffee and religion are usually healthier than alcohol… but addiction to anything makes you a slave. Just my thoughts.
I really enjoyed your poem and I can definitly relate. Thanks for sharing.