• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Ambien after a big meal?

Tyasya64

Greenlighter
So i heard that taking ambien orally after a big meal really lowers its effectiveness. But what if i crush it up and snort it? Its not going through the stomach. I think. Any thoughts?

It won't matter if you've eaten before you snort it cause the drug will be absorbed through mucus membranes in your sinuses not your stomach. Be forewarned snorting Ambien burns like hell and I've snorted quite a few drugs in my time also the Ambien will hit like a ton of bricks if you take it that way and you'll be quickly thrown into a world of some crazy ass hallucinations you won't remember most of and probably order stuff you don't need online and do other dumb possibly dangerous stuff.

It won't matter if you've eaten before you snort it cause the drug will be absorbed through mucus membranes in your sinuses not your stomach. Be forewarned snorting Ambien burns like hell and I've snorted quite a few drugs in my time also the Ambien will hit like a ton of bricks if you take it that way and you'll be quickly thrown into a world of some crazy ass hallucinations you won't remember most of and probably order stuff you don't need online and do other dumb possibly dangerous stuff.
Oh goodness. Ive snorted other things and it burned like hell too so i might be fine or my nose will be on fire.

I put Ambien under my tongue once so it'd be absorbed sublingually and it felt incredibly caustic, almost like I could feel the damage being done to my tongue/mucous membranes my tongue comes into contact with.

I wouldn't snort it, I can only imagine what that would feel like.

I was recently prescribed ambien. It doesn't matter if you snort it, swallow it, etc., the medications effects will be lowered or nonexistant if you've eaten so much as a snack before or after taking it. My doctor said to wait around 2 hours after eating to take the pill and have it work correctly. The bottle label "take on empty stomach" is true for this drug, otherwise you're just wasting your pills.

Dont tell people on ambien if i took those id prob do it. I refuse to take them because they made me into a irresponsible clone who would make my rroom a huge mess then id wakeup and have to put everything back in ordrr

Shove it up you ass. Period.
^ If you are suggesting rectal route of administration, you may want to explain a way to facilitate this process.

OP, whether you insufflate or take ambien orally, it works better with less food in your stomach. Personally, I would just swallow it because there is no advantage to snorting them. I would take it at least 90 minutes after your final meal of the day like Conky said. Also make sure that you are ready to go to sleep. You don't want to end up with ambien amnesia where you're doing things that you have no recollection of the next day!