• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Snifferdogs at The Big Day Out - organisers issue warning

first of all, WOW what a day!

Now with regards to the dogs. I was pretty paranoid, so i wrapped it up very well, washed between wraps, couple of condoms etc. The rest of my friends all had about an 8ball of go and a few pills each, however didnt take the same precautions i did.

Anwyays, we avoided the station- they had set up baricades to make every person walk through 2 dogs either side of the fence as they were leaving the station.

We all got our stuff in fine. there was a dude behind me who let out a silent song of joy- he'd snuck in 20+ pills in a bag of rice, yes you heard it right. God knows what the bagcheck people thought of it, but none the less everyone got through. I didnt see anyone get busted, although i saw a hell of alot of fighting, prolly one of the most violent BDOs ive been to. Everyone i came across was pinging off their nut so its safe to assume that about 50% of punters were on some form of illegal substance. I saw some kid puke their guts up outside the boiler room at 11:30, couldnt get up and ended up being taken away in an ambulance. My guess is they munched all their gear on entry for fear of being caught. Good work with the harm minimisation, cops. Well done.

Sniffer dogs = not very effective in crowds. Just take all nescessary precautions.

^ the police dont care about harm minimisation. they just want to reduce the sheer amount of illegal substance that is available, and collapse the networks behind the manufacture and distribution.
so, when you say 'Good work with the harm minimisation, cops' you and I both know that they arent there for harm minimisations. They are there to catch as many end-users as possible, so they can construct a nice media release, severely exaggerating their success.

Sniffer dogs = not very effective AT ALL, unless there are large quantities (50+) involved. But having said that, they can detect ONE pill, should you have it in an obvious place. Its all about commonsense ;)

i was with comforablynumb at they sydney bdo - the ONLY sniffer dog I saw was at central, guy gettin busted there. it seemed like half of fuckin sydney was on pills that night though, cops are definitely losing this battle - i only met one dude who'd got busted for minor possession.

big props to the K.I.S. people with the 'love lounge' though, they were all about harm minimisation - the drug quizzes (though not containin much new to any decently informed drug users esp. not those who frequent here) a great idea, and plenty of pamphlets etc.

least some people have the right idea, fuck scare tactics

RustyFred

I have heard through a close source that there will be Sniffer Dogs this year at Perth BDO (but thats what they said last year too and there werent any). Irrespective of that - always take care and prepare for if they are gonna be there! Have a great day!

based on what you guys are sayin about the previous BDO's (sydney) it seems like the best thing to do just stay the fuck away from train stations...
just get a taxi.. surely if u can afford a BDO ticket and money for drugs then you and your mates can chip in for a taxi. and organise one to pick you up after (we have the same taxi driver each week who takes us out and picks us up, he looks after us its too easy).
or if you cant hook that up just drive, theres no drug detectors in perth yet.
and when you get to BDO just scope the door for dogs (i mean sniffer dogs not cops) before u go in.

just stay the fuck away from the train stations because thats where everyone will be gettin busted. I feel sorry for ppl who are carryin gear and arent going to the BDO and dont know about the dogs.

peace

^^^Couldnt have said it better myself, if u guys are taking stuff, thats the best thing to do, lol.

Last edited:
does anyone one know if snifer dogs will be used at perth BDO???

Also are the police allowed in the venue itself.

roll@rise: I hope you're planning on getting some sleep (in the back of your car?) before driving home. It is very irresponsible and hardly on the track of harm minimisation to drive while hung over (or still "peaking" for that matter) from drugs AS WELL as being sleep deprived. Sounds like a very risky combination to me.

Look after yourselves.

Agreed, rather than drive and then cab, can you train it to a nearby station and then cab it?

The Perth venue is *next to* a train station, although Perth's public transport is pretty crappy and it's near impossible to get to most suburbs at night. Nonetheless driving on drugs is a bad idea and I hope WA introduces drug testing soon (seriously - although I'm against legislation, threads like this just show that drug users aren't responsible enough to deserve being treated with respect).

Re: Sniffer dogs and Sydney Big Day Out

Just a reminder - if you were at Sydney BDO and were searched or know someone who was searched:

Michelle_Chung said:
Hi all,

As some of you might know, the NSW Ombudsman is doing a review of drug detection dogs, or sniffer dogs. Over the past three years, we have been studying the way that police use the dogs. Eventually, we will report to Parliament on our research.

It has recently been announced that the sniffer dogs will be at the Big Day Out in Sydney.

We would like to hear from you if you had any contact with the sniffer dogs, particularly if you were searched.

This will be your chance to make sure your experience with sniffer dogs gets on the record.

This is not about making complaints about the dogs, it is about helping us to put together a fuller picture of how the dogs are being used and how it is affecting the community. If you decide to get in touch with us, some things you might think about first are how the police treated you and how it made you feel.

Any stories you provide are confidential. You can post to this thread or email me at [email protected]. If you would prefer to talk, or if you have any questions, you can call me directly on (02) 9286-0973.

By the way, if you are interested in finding out more, we have written a discussion paper on drug detection dogs. You can download it here.

Well, the problem is that the trains & train stations are what the cops are targeting, so you guys that are taking stuff needa stay away from them.

Last edited:
i think i need to train it aswell.. what i might do is get off at the station before or after showgrounds and walk it to the other entrance to avoid the (apparent) blockade. are there going to be sniffer dogs ON the actual trains?

Just to make you guys feel a bit worse......my bro lives aroundthe corner from the showgrounds so I'm going to go to his house for some pre-bdo beers and "stuff" before walking about 1km to the entrance that isn't near the train station.

I haven't heard anything about sniffer dogs, just the usual rumors. I doubt very much that cops will have dogs on the trains, they probably wont be able to move because there will be too many people on board. Getting off a station before or after is a good idea though, if there are dogs my bets they'll be at the train station.

Maybe some of you guys could catch buses instead of trains there, it'll take a lot longer I'd think, but no coppers. check out http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au and use the journey planner

four days.....I was looking forward to this when sci-fi was on, how time flies!

^^^ Yeh, if you havent used the journey planner on the transperth site, use it, it works real well.

Last edited:
yep o well i guess i will see all you guys in jail my mates said they will send me chocolate cakes filled with e so i am set %)

So far the sniffer dogs are just rumours. Has anyone actually heard anything about this? IF the police are planning to use dogs, which I am trying to confirm, I would guess it would be at the showgrounds or isolated to one location not on each and every train/station. Perth doesn't have a whole lot of dogs and handlers like Sydney does.

I would plan to take the train and use a bus like Benno suggested if your worried.

Don't get behind the wheel of a car if your impaired by anything, thats just plain stupid.