Sneaky- Saturday June 21~ Amazura Ball Room (WHY?!?)

I had a great time at this party. I'd never been the the amazura before and I thought it was a decent place. (Well, aside from the blazin-hot dnb room) The atmosphere was good, the ppl were good, it was just generally good.

it was great to meet/hang out with you guys too. Buzzy, Chrissie, Daz, Coldshot, Dreamgirlie19,Tr6ai0ls4, Speekah phreekah, funky.... you guys are fun

Last edited:
shit got busted?

damn...sorry guys, anyone have any info on why?

and is everyone safe? hope no one is sitting in a holding cell right now......

dam, im really glad it was only me that didn't have a good time...

i can take a hit - very happy to see none of you had to aswell ... maybe it was my unenthused friends... or i just wasen't up for it!

i said i'de come say hi this time, and the only BL's face i remember is Suga ... so you all need to put ure pix up on the site so it's easier to spot out a meetup =)

KayDUB- I've heard a rumour about why, keep in mind this is only a rumour at this point, it is in no way confirmed, but it is certainly plausible with the RAVE act going.

What I heard was someone... didn't hear if it was an undercover cop or just a random asshole, saw the dancesafe table and called the cops to bust the party.

Remember, the above isn't confirmed, but its the only information I've heard. If anyone has anything more reliable than "a friend who was there when it went down heard this" I'd love to hear it...

The Welcome Matt- Yup. the one good thing I can say about the amazura is they allowed that.

ok its 4:45 and i basicaly just woke up hehe.

Well, despite all the shadiness lurking around the venue, i still had a good time. I dont think i can really have a bad time when im with you guys. The music in the jungle room was amazing, unfortunatley, you could not stay in there too long before you would melt from the heat. they should take out those windows against the wall and put like a metal fence or something, that way air gets in and out.

the vibe was really strange, it seems that from the moment i walked in the venue, the same ammount of people stayed for most of the night, didnt seem like anyone was coming in. I dunno, i was just getting a weird feeling from the people in there.

It was absolutley wonderful to hang out with you guys again. You should all know by now that it doesnt really matter whos spinning, whereever your all at, i can have a great time. I met some new bl faces, i dont remember any names, sorry guys. To all my NE crew, you are the best, without you id have no reason to go to a shitty party and have a great time.

I look foward to seeing you all again, and it better be soon!

Last edited:
Thats cool they had a table there.. I wonder if that was the reason they would close an event? I don't think we'll ever know the truth.. I heard something about a fight? I dunno.

I was always curious about the Dancesafe tables.. I'm sure that lots of kids are afraid to use a service like that for the fear that they would be watched by security.. after all, they either had to sneak their pills into the party with them, or they illegally bought it from someone in the party. In a perfect world, kids should never fear to test their pills. :D

ok... sooooooo, i ended up going to this party VERY last minute: link and hexxus comped me and my girl because it was her birthday... tech itch most deffinately DID show up AND spun an AMAZING set upstairs-- im not sure what time it was, at all... but he did spin. i danced my ASS off to tech itch and sweated the whole thing out up until the last track because we were dying soooooooooooo much from the heat and had to sneak up on the stage to get out the back door for a smokie without waiting on that godforsaken line. i had a *really* good time at this party, prolly the best ive had in what might actually be years... this has to do with it being my very best friend's 22nd birthday, company of some amazing kids (tuneesha, spam aka sam, jesse, steven, jeff, and very much thanx to josh aka link).

i honestly, missed just about every set downstairs-- when i arrived, delerium was spinning some hardcore shit that made me wanna bang my head against a wall, but once the dnb started upstairs it was on! of course it was *mad* hot upstairs, i mean come on...its amazura. and of course they had a semi-shady deal goin on w/ the bathroom in regards to waterbottles (ya know, those $4 waterbottles)...

we made really good friends w/ the security guards, like we always try to do: one handed me a cup of ice while upstairs sweating my ass off sitting against the wall next to the back door so i could get some air (i didnt know what it was and didnt even consider the fact it might have been ice, so i didnt accept it... then when my friend told me what he was trying to do i apologized and just said hey, when some really large black man i dont know tries to hand me a cup of something and i dont know what it is, i didnt think to accept it or ask--but thanx), he later on told my homegirl to drive real safe and get home alright because she was with me =D that was really nice.

they also pulled my girl aside after an attempted beer run (ha, access to the stage back door is always interesting, especially after they stop serving), to ask her what a pill was (ahhhhhhhhh, i hate when they dont know enough about their job, but i guess thats really difficult because they ARENT party kids): it ended up being some REALLLLY weird fake pill, it was really large, like wayy too large to be a pill. it was *dusted* white but tastes LIKE an e pill at first, but it rubbed off to reveal a green speckled pill -- darker green specks--once to that layer, it tasted and smelled like DUST! ahhhhh, scary. and no, it wasnt just dust in the air, they were outside chillen, and it was really scary because it was a perfectly pressed pill, someone pressed that pill with the intention of selling it to some unsuspecting e*tard and could have been just about anything, point blank it had some really evil vibes to it. i believe they ended up finding the guilty person and threw them out (a reason for the cops who are always looking for one around 5am at amazura to shut it down and throw everyone out). we could have kept that pill though and i really wish she did because we could have brought it to dancesafe, which she didnt even think of till we had a long discussion about it afterwards this morning at home. i just hope whoever is guilty gets a fucking big ass stick up their ass because that isnt cool.

anyway, krazyglue was spinning some REALLY hot 80s as the last set i heard, i was dancing and bein a goof with my friend sam, playin w/ the breakers and poppers upstairs. jeff aka hexxus never even got to spin! THAT really sucked though b/c he spins some ammmmmazing slightly techy really amen darkass drum n bass! that would have made the end just HOT because great 80s then dnb that cant get any harder! shiiiiiiiit...

so, we suffered the heat exhaustion, got in for free, heard tech itch (again, that man always makes me dance like a maniac), chilled w/ some realllly good friends (especially the steven sightings!)... YEAHH it was the happiest birthday this girl has been able to enjoy since she was 16, there's always some crazy escapade that ends up wrong, im soooo happy this one could be great for her.

Last edited:
dam, i feel like a dope.... i'm always the one defending 'shadey' parties till the death - saying a good time is what you make of it, and how i never share the bad vibe feeling people get at parties ... yet it seems i'm the only one who complained ... damit, im gettin old!

i also just returned from partying hard in the UK for 6 months, so maybe i'm just set on their customs still ... gimme time folks, i'll rediscover my roots soon!

what time did the cops shut it down? i left about 5 min into BamBam's set... at this point, i actually was having a blast. .. but friends come first and they weren't, so left we did...

and who caught HoH doing a tease mix of Tony De Vit & Prodigy Voodoo People ! O man, i was soo mad they didnt let DeVit's track drop! And daaam, BabyAnne's pretty cute while she throws down sick tracks :D

welcome matt: they have dancesafe tables at a LOT of parties---most every party my friends throw, dancesafe is invited. my friend patti does a lot of work for ny dancesafe and some other girl whos name i can NEVER seem to remember but always remembers mine... they work a lot of underground parties.

so i had a huge migrane all day yesterday... i didn't get out of bed all day and i don't even think i opened my eyes at all either. (yeah, it was one of those) i'm sorry i suck and i missed it. i was really looking forward to seeing everyone again and hearing some good music. next time.

judging from the reviews posted so far, it sounds like everyone had a pretty good time, so that's great.

good times!thanks coldshot for convincing me to go last minute hehe.

i went to the dance safe table, i was a bit sketchy but the guys workin there were really nice.

what the hell is up with the shady no refilling of water bottles???? i was irked by that....!

Jerzee: I think i prob have never seen dancesafe around just cause I don't get down to the city too often. I think the NE Chapter is dead. I would love to get that shit going again, but I'm off to london for school in a little bit. It would be great to get that going up here though.

i was expecting it to turn out a lot worse then it did... I had a good time at this party. The music was allright and I met some amazing people on and off bluelight. Tech Itch was really good, Uberzone caught my attention, datcyde did an allright set but his cds kept skipping, I dont think anybody noticed though. I couldn't even stay in the dnb room for longer then 5 minutes because i would start feeling like i'm gonna die from heat exhaustion if I dont leave. Waiting 30 min for a smoke wasn't that cool, but watever, I guess it was worth being able to breathe inside the place for a change. Overall, I had a good time though...

Thanks to all of the people who I met up with at the party for everything. It was great to see some familiar faces and meet all of you. I haven't had any free time for a while now, it was great to finally take a break and and just chill out with all of you at the party and afterwards.. You guys made my weekend.. :)

Also, Cass, I'm sorry that I missed you, I wish I knew you were going in advance so i could have looked for ya. I'll see ya some other time I guess ;)...

peace and mad love to all of you,

- tr

Overall we did our best to throw a nice party for you and we have gotten some amazing feedback from people. The party went till' 5:10 am and was shutdown because a conglomeration of 3 reasons. the main one was 2 party kids fought in the middle of the fuckin street n in the front of the venue, who were also smoking pcp, so you can thank them for that. then police came inside and people had open liquor after 4:30 am. and the noise complaints. hey.. turbo sound baby.. if ya cant handle the hard core bass move the fuck out the neighborhood. Anyone who has comments about things that i control - the productions - the sound, lighting, dj's, lasers, promotions etc. please direct all comments, feedback, complaints, rants, raves, suggestions etc. to me. I want to hear your feedback so i can improve the overall production on my side.
i wanna thank everyone who came out and supported us, all the staff, freinds & Funky Element family that made the night go as smoothe as it did and a great party that it was. see you @ the next jam`

DJ Dank
(Funky Element, DPIM, Raversonly, www.dj-dank.com)

Last edited:
Dank: do you know anything about the girl that was selling the fake pills i mentioned? im really concerned because someone may be responsible for lives this saturday night... regardless of the fact that i do not condone buying drugs from people you do not know--nobody deserves to die...

also, I want to thank you (and your crew) MUCH for your efforts on this event, it was a really great party--and if you read my posts, you will know that i do not normally say this about any large, commercial parties.

my only complaint, and this has nothing to do with the production but the venue, is on the ventillation upstairs in the jungle room. now, the windows cannot be taken out because of the sound clash... BUT, there *could* be a large fan placed next to the back door and maybe a few on the cielings.... errrr---this is why i dont like going to amazura, i normally spend all my time up there tryin to get down w/ the dnb heads.

ohhhh yeah: why didnt tech itch spin on the main floor? hexxus told us that he was supposed to play a 2hr set on the main floor, and he only got an hour in the small room. i dont really understand why people fly out djs like that and then put them up there, ::shruggs::. just out of curiosity...

thanx for the feed back :) originaly the party was to be held @ the luna which has 3 rooms hence, the time slots etc. after a deposit was givin to the luna. we were then notified it has NO permits. obviously we then got our $ and made the move to the amazura. That large fan idea is awsome - thank you. im gonna get 3 of them fuckers for halloween (10/31) for that room cause it gets hot as Africa up there n unfort. nothing we can do cause as you said the sound clash.

--

im sorry i have no idea which girl. please describe her to me so i can make sure she never enters one of my events Ever again. please email me privately and explain to me the whole story thank you. [email protected]

Great party... 1 complaint...

Outdoor smoking area? That was a bit misleading. ;)

Came early... left early... Cass got your message but of course I was downstairs most of the evening. Had to leave before we lost our shit, so I never got a chance to see you.

I had no problems with security, venue, vibe, or music. delerium either dropped some old school tracks, or he's still spinning the same set from 99. Adam X wasn't as dark as I would have liked him to be... he seemed almost... whatever about it. Everybody seemed friendly. Left while the water was still cold, and before the fights broke out.