• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Snack chips with THC hospitalize two people

Thats a lot of THC.. I bet they felt really fucked up. Id be completely couchlocked in a bad state, most likely.

600mg is absolutely massive. The average person will no tolerance will have a moderately strong experience from 10-15mg.

I once made a rookie mistake after taking a long break from edibles and took my usual previous dose, probably 300-400mg, and I hardcore passed out for 16 hours. The few times I briefly woke up reminded me of opiates, I was straight nodding. Thank god THC has such insane safety margins

That story is so confusing. Do chips like that really exist in CA? Any legal state I've been to has insane packaging where no sane person wouldn't be aware they were consuming something "special". Plus actual brand names and usual packaging of Doritos etc? That cant be legal, I havent heard about General Mills getting into the weed game. And 600mg all in one package? Most places limit a serving to 10-30mg. That all sounds highly suspect. This seems like a story with an unrelated photoshopped picture attached, or bad reporting not including the fact it wasn't actually a legal product, but a weird black market knockoff

Last edited:
I took 600mg a couple years ago with mild tolerance. I basically passed the fuck out not long after it hit me and felt stoned the entire next day too.

I keep seeing stories about school kids in the UK being hospitalised after eating THC sweets and overdoing it in school.

You could very easily think you’re dying at that dose (not saying there is any physical danger but the mind plays tricks)

Your heart rate would be insane, I would assume

You could very easily think you’re dying at that dose (not saying there is any physical danger but the mind plays tricks)

Your heart rate would be insane, I would assume
Yeah I accidentally dosed around 400mg recently and heart rate was kinda high over 110bpm resting it was a bit uncomfortable in that sense and it took 6mg of lorazepam to lower the anxiety levels to manageable level.. that extra 200mg would be crazy I would imagine.

With MJ being legalized and sold in the shape of eatables like candy or sweets, Im sure there will be more incidents like this. I met this dude who had some MJ-brownies in his freezer and his grandmother found them and defrosted and ate all of them and she got really sick.

600mg is absolutely massive. The average person will no tolerance will have a moderately strong experience from 10-15mg.

I once made a rookie mistake after taking a long break from edibles and took my usual previous dose, probably 300-400mg, and I hardcore passed out for 16 hours. The few times I briefly woke up reminded me of opiates, I was straight nodding. Thank god THC has such insane safety margins

That story is so confusing. Do chips like that really exist in CA? Any legal state I've been to has insane packaging where no sane person wouldn't be aware they were consuming something "special". Plus actual brand names and usual packaging of Doritos etc? That cant be legal, I havent heard about General Mills getting into the weed game. And 600mg all in one package? Most places limit a serving to 10-30mg. That all sounds highly suspect. This seems like a story with an unrelated photoshopped picture attached, or bad reporting not including the fact it wasn't actually a legal product, but a weird black market knockoff
in some of the dispensaries they have edible that look pretty similar to actual products, they have nerd ropes and ad stuff, all the the products of course say on the paackage pretty clearly that they contain thc, but somone not paying attention could miss it. and for example the nerd ropes contain 400mg but lots of places have brownies and other stuff listed for 1000mg +

I keep seeing stories about school kids in the UK being hospitalised after eating THC sweets and overdoing it in school

Edibles here in the UK are everywhere kids are getting them off snapchat and don't realise how strong they are as they are sweets and they take a long time to kick in, unlike smoking a joint

in some of the dispensaries they have edible that look pretty similar to actual products, they have nerd ropes and ad stuff, all the the products of course say on the paackage pretty clearly that they contain thc, but somone not paying attention could miss it. and for example the nerd ropes contain 400mg but lots of places have brownies and other stuff listed for 1000mg +
Man that's nuts, so that's California? Been to a few of the other legal states, and apparently their edibles work very differently. Definitely nothing that high dose

With MJ being legalized and sold in the shape of eatables like candy or sweets, Im sure there will be more incidents like this. I met this dude who had some MJ-brownies in his freezer and his grandmother found them and defrosted and ate all of them and she got really sick.
Better than the story I heard about a friends mom accidently ingesting some of liquid lsd

Better than the story I heard about a friends mom accidently ingesting some of liquid lsd
I remember reading something about a guy who took a shot glass full of lsd thinking it was alcohol. I guess it was going around at a party and everyone was just dipping a finger in - but he didn’t know that

Man that's nuts, so that's California? Been to a few of the other legal states, and apparently their edibles work very differently. Definitely nothing that high dose
That specific event allegedly happened in Latin America in the 80 or 90-ties, (it's a secondhand story anyway, so don't worry about pin-pointing time, location or legal circumstances). The point was that I can imagine it's worse now in places where it's a 100% legal and they have even stronger edibles in all shapes and forms? This must happen like on a daily basis, kids, grandmother's, etc ending up in the ER all confused, after eating the wrong brownie or a bunch of gummies?

I remember reading something about a guy who took a shot glass full of lsd thinking it was alcohol. I guess it was going around at a party and everyone was just dipping a finger in - but he didn’t know that.
Makes me wonder what happens to a person who takes a ultra-super-mega-dose like that?

i can tell you now a majorty of edible products are so fucking underdosed and all the labels are fucking bullshit.

If you make proper homemade ones and weigh and calculate the dosage 100 mg will have you fucking so high for 24 hours straight. 600 mg would send me to hospital tbh or sleep for 3 days.

i can tell you now a majorty of edible products are so fucking underdosed and all the labels are fucking bullshit.

If you make proper homemade ones and weigh and calculate the dosage 100 mg will have you fucking so high for 24 hours straight. 600 mg would send me to hospital tbh or sleep for 3 days.
Interesting...