• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

smoking weed and working out

dingercc

Bluelighter
i used to smoke weed about once a week then i stoped and got a gym membership and ive been going for about 1 month.recently my mates have started getting back into weed and i have had massive urges to smoke it again and i wanna but will it affect my muscles growth?will i be able to still get bigger and bigger at the same rate if i didnt smoke or does smoking affect your muscles?coz i wanna contuine to go to the gym.

thanks in advance!

smoking might kill the desire to get bigger and bigger

i like to work out until i can't lift anymore, take a shower and then get faded.

it gives the best couch-locked, relaxed high ever.

[edit: i think it would negatively impact muscle growth a little bit because you're putting more toxins into your body that your kidneys have to flush out, along with the waste your muscles create from the weight-lifting. this is only a problem because your muscles won't begin to mend the damage you've done (grow) until all the "work-out by-product" is out of the way.]

^ True, but the right smoking techniques could really reduce this, seems to me. Would one hit from a vaporizer before the gym be all that bad? Certainly not as bad as the things some people put in their bodies before they lift.

I love to blaze right after I get done working out, and then sit in the sauna and stretch. The endorphins from exercise and the weed synergize nicely -- it's a 'warm but mighty' feeling.

I think it depends on what kind of smoker you are. If you're the kind that takes a hit and loses all motivation then yeah your workouts will probably be negatively affected. If this isn't the case then blaze away. I used to smoke before every workout and man did it help my endurance.

And don't worry about the actual THC affecting muscle growth. There are some studies saying it decreases the ability of the muscles to recover properly (probably B.S.) but it can't be anywhere as bad as lets say alcohol.

i used to work out all the time high when i was a stoner around high school and it did not effect my muscle growth or made me "weaker"

i dont blaze like i used to back in the day but i still smoke almost everyday never had a problem with it in the gym.

some things that would effect strength and gains would be alcohol and stims those are the drugs that personally have effected my workouts in the gym.

I started working out 7-8 months ago, which was back when I smoked a lot, didn't seem to hurt.

funny... reminds of me of younger times where me and my buddies would smoke weed and go workout or smoke afterwards

i find no difference in muscle growth but it is hard to workout stoned lol

If anything working out stoned I find it helps me breath easier well lifting heavy weights. I'd recommend it.

i've been weight training for years on a regular basis and am a dignified stoner. from my experience, i find taking a few bong tokes before heading out to the gym is a great way to relieve stress. its puts me into more of a 'zone', it helps me clear my mind and i usually end up doing more sets with better time. id recommend it, if you're not prone to couch lock like most of my buddies:p

I've smoked before a workout and it just wasn't a good idea, I couldn't perform nearly as well as I could sober. My friend however likes to smoke before he goes and says it helps, so obviously it varies from person to person. In my experience though nothing else beats having a big bowl after an intense workout and just riding the relaxed high/endorphins :)