• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking In A Sauna...

Drotacular

Bluelighter
So heres the setup at my crib. My parents sleep on the third floor and i sleep on the bottom floor. i have my own bathroom with a sauna in the bathroom and a ventilation that goes right outside, the fan is broken right now but about to be fixed. i should def smoke up in there right? it has a faucet over the heater and rocks so that it can be a steam room too. Basically is the sauna wood going to like get stained smelling like bud or anything? trying not to let my rents know i was smoking in the house thats a nono. So bluelighters, should i toke up in my sauna?

I doubt it would stain the wood.

However, I'd definitely do a test run when your folks will be gone for a while. Have a friend in the house who hasn't smoked recently go from room to room while you take a few puffs. Because the steam may carry the weed smell right out the vent, or it may end up carrying the weed smell somewhere more noticeable.

For example, I have a friend who used to smoke in a storage closet that attaches to the exterior of his house (his wife doesn't know he smokes). It seemed fool-proof until he realized that there was a ventilation duct that carried the smell right into their bedroom.

^LMAO.

yea good idea for test run, or try covering the vent?

HOT BOX THE SAUNA!!! that would be fucking awesome... 8)

i think you're good as far as the wood goes. But i would definitely be careful with where the vent leads to.

Sounds like a dream come true! every time i go to the gym and hit the sauna i wish so badly that i could just toke up in there...

anywho, i've heard that the steam "absorbs" the smoke and smell. but this is has no factual basis and is just hearsay from my stoner friends.

i have, however, smoked in a hot shower and noticed when i blew the smoke out it didn't even make it over the top of the shower door... it just kinda sunk to the bottom as the water poured over it...

i have a feeling it would stain the wood.

hotboxing in my subaru for the past 5 years has resulted in my windows having a yellow tint that i can wipe off, but the second we spark up in there again the yellow tint comes right back-- and that's with a material a lot less absorbent than wood.

a three floor house with a sauna??

Dude, your life must suck.

;)

Although resin can build up on windows, I wouldn't worry about staining your walls (sauna or house). Cigarette smoke damages walls and leaves stains, but I have smoked heavily in every house I've lived in since moving out of my parents house with no staining or damage. Resin is easily taken care of with a commercial cleaner or rubbing alcohol, if you are worried.

As for toking in a sauna... Has anyone ever smoked in a small bathroom with the hot shower running to make steam? We used to do this every time we stayed in a Motel 6 in LA county. I think someone used to call it a "Jamaican hotbox" but I'm not sure. Anyway, it was is fucking awesome, and I bet a sauna is just the ultimate version. I wish my friends in MPLS had a sauna....

I don't think the wood would be the problem, it won't stain it with the smell unless you do it for a long ass time. The problem will be the ventilation so figure out where that leads to and your good to go!

I smoke in my bathroom sometimes with a hot shower going so the whole room steams up. It seems make the place not reek for as long. Seam in a big box that you smoke in sounds like a good idea to me.

seems to me like there are a lot of Minnesotans on this thread, me included. as for smoking in the sauna just try it once and see what happens, it can either be good or really bad.

I smoke in my bathroom sometimes with a hot shower going so the whole room steams up. It seems make the place not reek for as long. Seam in a big box that you smoke in sounds like a good idea to me.

my boyfriend does the same thing even though he can smoke anywhere in the whole house. he just likes it haha. the sauna sounds good to me too. i've smoked in one before, it was awesome, but i wasn't concerned with hiding it so i didn't take notice of the smell or anything. i doubt it would stain the wood

I live alone and can smoke wherever I please.. and I must admit, something just feels right about smoking in the bathroom.

Sauna smoking doesn't sound that appealing to me.. I don't wanna be all sweaty and hot when I'm high.. I want to be relaxed and cool..

I guess its winter over there atm though, whereas here in Australia we have stifling 30-40 degree weather - 100-115F

I've found the steam does wonders for absorbing the aroma. Can you buy me a cross atlantic plane ticket, first class and get a limo to pick me up from the airport. I'll bring the skins.

.. Has anyone ever smoked in a small bathroom with the hot shower running to make steam? We used to do this every time we stayed in a Motel 6 in LA county. I think someone used to call it a "Jamaican hotbox" but I'm not sure. Anyway, it was is fucking awesome, and I bet a sauna is just the ultimate version. I wish my friends in MPLS had a sauna....

plus the shower running cuts down on the noise of a handful of stoners conversation reverberating elseware

i no the vent gos right outside its meant to get the steam from the sauna right out of the house. most def gunna smoke (and bang of course) ill post how it goes