• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Smoking IBU and Codein Pills

Otto d

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so i'm at a point where swallowing 30+ Ibu and codeine pills at a time does fuck all, and I was wondering if crushing a certain amount and smoking it, either mixing it in with tobacco or just alone, would have any significant impact?

Side note: I've tried CWE a number of times and not a fan of it at all, also due to my tolerance being just way too high at this point. If smoking/snorting it would actually make me feel something then I might give it a go.

Cheers in advance for the replies,

Otto

Please don't smoke pills, that's a terrible idea.

Also, you shouldn't take too much ibuprofen, if you're not finding your CW extract as effective as the pills then you're just not getting enough codeine from the extraction - so you need to either look at your method or just extract more pills.

CWE is by far the better option than just taking a bunch of unextracted, adulterated pills, and definitely miles better than trying to smoke those pills.

Other than that you probably want to try to get your tolerance down, ideally by taking a break, although that goes without saying.

smoking codeine is incredibly wasteful and trying to burn ibuprofen will make all sorts of nasty shit, stick to eating them

you may want to consider tapering/discontinuing use before you end up seriously damaging your stomach/gut or it escalates to use of more potent opioids.

You are causing organ damage eating so much ibuprofen! You need to address this immediately by doing cwe or getting pure codeine pills.
And no, smoking will not work at all.

I've never even abused ibuprofen. I was taking it often for headaches etc on an empty stomach.
It just made my heartburn 10 times worse with time. Like you I thought it wasn't a big deal to ignore recommendations (they say to take it with food for a reason).

Can't imagine the damage it has done to you in daily mega overdoses.
CWE has been devised for a reason and it works. If you have doubts about your technique ask about it. I can't believe you'd rather thrash your stomach than learn how to do a CWE well.
It's not that difficult to get prescribed pure codeine pills privately anyway... And the codeine syrup is available OTC here in the UK and contains no other crap. 15mg per 5ml spoonful. It's a no brainer. I think this is good harm reduction in this specific case since OP isn't keen on CWE.

Snorting codeine won't make it better. It's a pro drug that needs to be metabolised by the liver into morphine to become active.

If you snort it it won't get into your brain faster. You'll have effects when it drips down into your stomach. You'd actually be worse off I reckon.

Oh and smoking Nurofen Plus is just a silly idea.

Please stop eating ibuprofen like it's candies.

You might be thinking it's no big deal since you feel fine now and then suddenly you will have the worst stomach pain ever because you've got a perforated stomach. It can happen without warning and a bleeding stomach can kill you if you don't go to the hospital immediately... That's what I'm saying. Don't underestimate NSAIDs side effects.

Last edited:
Also rather than using ibuprofen and codeine pills for CWE, use either boots brand aspirin with codeine (my top.choice, add cold water to the plastic tub, shake until pills are dissolved -5 mins- and filter - the codeine in water pisses through the filter as the aspirin is quite clumpy) OR cheap co-codamols.

Ibuprofen and codeine pills are more expensive and they clog the filter.

If I have to do a cwe with Coco's, I like to filter it through a J cloth or something else that's a deal more robust than coffee filters/kitchen roll.
Means you have to filter twice but it takes less time IME.

Honest if you get your technique right, you'll get high cos you can use 64 pills and save your life potentially.

If you fuck your stomach or kidneys you're gonna regret this in later life!!

If you really are useless at CWE, you can get online codeine linctus easily. Or even pure codeine/DHC pills.

Or better advice would be to stop now and feel a bit rough for 3-4 days and never look back! You are in an enviable position right now and I can tell you a lot of us wish we were in your shoes now.
If I wanted to get off my daily meth, it'd take me months of pain or even kill me without tapering for months, which is still gonna suck! I started on codeine just like you!

@axe battler above speaks the wisdom, take his advice.

Either get easier to CWE co-codamol, codeine linctus which requires no CWE at all, or just quit altogether and suffer the rattle for a bit. It's only codeine and while it'll be unpleasant it's nothing compared to a stronger opiate.

The only thing I'd add is consider a switch to kratom to either replace codeine or for tapering.

^^ yeah! Another good idea is Wilson's kratom suggestion.

If you're unwilling to quit opiates, get on kratom. Its a similar strength to codeine but cheap and easy to get. Throw a couple teaspoons of kratom powder in some water and down the hatch! Piss easy and no nasty ibuprofen or paracetamol to extract.

You really can't keep taking 30 Nurofen a day and expect nothing truly awful to happen to you!

I have to agree with you two ^ as well, I'll just add that aspirin-asa and Ibuprofen have much lower pKa values that paracetamol-APAP. The CWE is not as effective on those substances as APAP. I would avoid codeine +asa if possible and use distilled water with around 20 % lemon juice in it to keep the pH low and the Ibu in it's ionized form. As the pH rises with tap water, pill excipients & binders it becomes more of a non ionized form and the solubility of Ibu increases, becoming sodium ibuprofen as a reaction.

Not a huge factor as even a sloppy regular CWE helps a lot, but if you are doing massive amounts like 100's of pills at a time it's worth considering. Esp if you develop GI issues after doing regular CWE's on Ibu.

I thought aspirin was soluble at less than 1mg per mL in cold water. If 100ml is used then that should be fine, right??

I bloody hope so, I've done it 100s of times!!

I need my kidneys.

You're not gonna get what you're looking for. That's for sure. This is a fool's errand.

I thought aspirin was soluble at less than 1mg per mL in cold water. If 100ml is used then that should be fine, right??

I bloody hope so, I've done it 100s of times!!

I need my kidneys.

You're still here so you likely didn't do any harm and performed the CWE properly but note below about how aspirin- Acetyl Salicyclic Acid-ASA reacts to changes in pH:

I had to screenshot this as it was a pay site but you'll notice that it mentions how acidic environments keep it slightly soluble and alkaline ones allow it to become more soluble. Again probably not an issue for small batches, just massive ones.

All I'm saying to ASA & IBU CWE'ers is to try and keep the pH low to avoid ionizing a part of the nsaid you want to extract. APAP doesn't really share this problem and cooling helps with all three.
If possible grab a gallon of distilled water as it's pH is lower than tap water. A shot of lemon juice is even better, but as long as no one is dumping baking soda into the mixture this shouldn't be a big problem. to those not doing massive amounts, or using warm water without cooling it. Course that would probably just hydrolyze the acetic acid from the salicyclic acid anyways. Where's scrofula when I need him..

Uh oh, I was using my duodenum secretions to do my CWE sometimes when I didn't have access to tap water....what then!?!?

Actually I did tend to use cold mineral water. My usual ritual was to hit boots and buy my first tub of 32, then just cross the road and up some stairs and there is another Boots pharmacy where I'd buy the second, along with a bottle of their cheap mineral water.

Pour all 64 into one tub with about 70ml cold water, and by the time I got home they'd all dissolved.

Home, ice cube in tub, shake, set up filter in glass, pour sludge, quick second rince of tub with 10-15ml water.

Wait 10mins max, drink crystal clear bitter liquid, go and watch daytime TV or read something on the settee.

The aspirin CWE did taste worse than using paracetamol, but I put that down to the small amount of aspirin that dissolved as aspirin is a horrible tasting chemical.

I'll bear in mind the acidity if I ever need to CWE again, but being on 85mg methadone now, I doubt there's any point...