Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking 5-Meo-Mipt / question

maddee2145

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,
I thought to try 5-meo-mipt by smoking it.
I am experienced with different type of psychedelic, but was never smoke (except weed and tobaco) something else.

Before we was try moxy oraly, 2 times by 6 mg, nothing really close to shamanistic experience and we thought as it is structuraly close to 5-meo-dmt and basicaly it is DMT analoge why we not try to smoke it.

I find some info on Sasha´s Tihkals from there I know the range between 12-20 mg and as described effects are really close to DMT.

Here is 2 questions.
1.how to smoke moxy?
What to use?

2.Have someone experienced it? Is it really as DMT or it is a different way?

Notice the recommended dosage of smoked DMT in TiHKAL is 60-100mg. This dosage was preliminary. Later we learned DMT is destroyed at temperatures near the boiling point and careful vaporization is required. If DMT is effectively vaporized in freebase pipes the dose range is about 5-40mg. Consider 5-MeO-MiPT could exhibit the same properties and begin with lower doses, a few milligrams or less.

Most tryptamines can be vaporized more or less effectively as hydrochloride salts. A good part of it will burn, so it will be a waste, you will mess up your smoking device (I used some kind of "smoke bubble"/crack pipe), and it is definitely rough on your lungs, but maybe this can be compared to occasionally smoking tobacco and/or weed (or Salvia divinorum). Measure your maximal dosage with a mg scale, but then you have to eyeball a bit - we are definitely out of safer-use land now. Use a gas flame to heat. Start with very little hits and see how you react. Maybe your first hit will make you cough like you never coughed before. But if your lungs accept the chemical fumes, you can slowly tritrate your dosage up. I have successfully used 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-MET, 5-MeO-DALT and DPT as HCl that way. The better way would be definitely to do some kitchen chemistry to convert your tryptamine of choice to freebase form, but I was always afraid I would be too clumsy for that.

Oh thank you guys for so profesional answer.
We will definetly start at low than,because it is first time for us to smoke triptamines. Thanks for helping us.We will hope to see this soon! maybe even trip report come latter. if someone intrested in here

Vaped 5-MeO-MiPT is much more psychedelic than oral, but is not excessively intense like DMT and 5-MeO-DMT can be. It doesn't do the breakthrough sort of effect that they do and has a much gentler less rapid come up. It's not plesant to smoke and tastes bad but I still don't find it as harsh as DMT. I'd start at five mgs if your feeling unready, but you won't feel that much from it. It starts to shine at ten plus mgs.

I've sandwiched it with weed a number of times & it felt like a middleground/mixture of DMT & MDA, very intense for about an hour, then residual speedy buzz, mild trippiness for a few hours, have done so on LSD as well as on it's own, doses were in the 40-50mg range if I recall correctly (of course a real vape would make lower doses work, as well I'm pretty hardheaded so my doses are NOT for most & especially not for novice users).

Vaped 5-MeO-MiPT is much more psychedelic than oral, but is not excessively intense like DMT and 5-MeO-DMT can be.
In my experience, 5-MeO-MiPT can be very psychedelic at the dosage range of 15-20 mg of the HCl salt orally (but I also have to admit that I'm a huge fan of oral 5-MeO-DiPT HCl in similar dosage range, unlike most other Psychonauts in this forum). It seems this [5-MeO-MiPT] is a classical example of Shulgin underdosing. Of course it's not the same liga as a full dose of DMT/5-MeO-DMT/4-XX-DMT/DPT but still comparablw with let's say 2 g of Psilocybe cubensis dried, or 1 g of Psilocybe semilanceata dried. With weed it's a completely story again, a few N2O capsules enable me enter hyperspace on pretty any tryptamine/phenethylamine/lysergic acid amine, or even with good weed.