• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smokers - Do you still smoke when you're sick?

man who bakes cookies and saves them in the freezer for the event that they get sick?...
seems like a nice idea that's not like ever gonna happen unless you have the discipline of a samurai
Not really.

If you are interested in controlling your drug behavior, check out the Recovery Support

Not really.

If you are interested in controlling your drug behavior, check out the Recovery Support

it's not about addiction, it's about having an awesome pot cookie sitting in your freezer and you don't even know if you're gonna get sick that year and actually need it.
I don't believe you if you say you'd hang on to it in case you got sick.
i would save a cookie for a concert or something, but not for an event that may not even happen

When I smoked cigs socially, and cigars this way too with friends when drinking I did not smoke, or even drink when sick with a cold, or when I'd just gotten over one.

When I was into smoking herb or vaping it I'd do it mainly alone but sometimes with a friend or two, and when I was sick I wouldn't smoke or use any cannabis, or any alcohol-expect for the alcohol in cough syrup that I would sometimes take in very low doses following directions on the bottle, since when I'm sick I don't want to get buzzed/drunk, high/stoned, etc. and I just want to sleep, and I have to force myself to eat, and I stay hydrated.

Last edited:
I am not sure whether the two relate but I smoked for 8 months straight (currently abstaining for about 50 days) and smoked even when I felt somewhat sick. Moving from my daily drive of a mobius to a vape helped just if it was a cold and my lungs were affected but I would still smoke to get a good nights sleep and never had any bad experiences with doing so. Unless its something that severely affects the respiratory system Ive never had a bad experience smoking while sick.

Only issue I ever had was prior to getting a root canal (infection of the inside of the tooth) smoking made the pain way worse, (increased sensitivity maybe?) Much more intolerable.

I smoke every day, including days where I am sick, if I am really sick I will tend to make an effort to smoke less though.

I don't believe you if you say you'd hang on to it in case you got sick.
I suppose you don't believe that this is my left over stash either

NSFW:
FcSnMhS.jpg

Since I quit opiates (and benzos) about a year and a half ago I've only gotten sick once.

I had twice the edible stash on hand at the one time I got sick. So, no problem.

NSFW:
FcSnMhS.jpg

I think you'd be surprised at how many smokers buy daily amounts of weed (like a gram at a time, every time they want to smoke).

Seems more prevalent with the younger folks I know that maintain a regular habit, but there's a whole lot of people that just can't fathom saving drugs for some later date, or buying in bulk to maintain a more long-term stash.

Mannnnnn, the money they could be saving....

I was meant to post this but got too fucked up on nyquil last night. Well more lazy and unfocused I should say. I was reading about cigarettes and there was a suggestion that a smoker's immune system works harder than a non-smoker's since it's so accustomed to removing all the toxins n bla bla.

I always thought that exposing your body to a moderate amount of toxins moderately will make you more healthy or your anti-bodies stronger or something. One of the oldest people in the world smoked up to 2 cigarettes a day! I smoke around 3 a day and I've noticed that when I get sick It's usually not for long though I've had a bad cough since last week but it's been going around.

Jib- for some reason I'm much happier when I'm stashed up and not using my drugs. I think it's just the idea that I can use them when I feel and that I can always just go into it keeps me complacent. Right now I'm broke and have no weed and I'm going through mood swings and I don't feel to dose my Valium just yet...

I think you'd be surprised at how many smokers buy daily amounts of weed (like a gram at a time, every time they want to smoke).

Seems more prevalent with the younger folks I know that maintain a regular habit, but there's a whole lot of people that just can't fathom saving drugs for some later date, or buying in bulk to maintain a more long-term stash.

Mannnnnn, the money they could be saving....
For sure, man.

I didn't have any idea to how many people did that until I saw (in the early days of CO legalization) people not buying the maximum legal amount and settling for the extremely overpriced gram, every single time they purchase. Ugh.

NSFW:
FcSnMhS.jpg

Is that legal?
I'm talking about making edibles yourself, out of cannabis that you buy at illegal prices.
YEah if i could walk into a dispensary and buy edibles i'd take a few to save for an off day,
but i'm not rich enough to buy enough weed to have extras... esp. to save a cookie for getting sick, which again, may not even happen...

moot point, i might be as rich as you are but i buy my weed illegally, thus i pay more for it.
You said you make your edibles yet all of those are store-bought.
lol

This would be an awesome time for w01fg4ng to reveal that he's actually a culinary chemist for one of these edible-producing companies (I don't think that's true, this would just be an awesome time for it to be.)

This would be an awesome time for w01fg4ng to reveal that he's actually a culinary chemist for one of these edible-producing companies (I don't think that's true, this would just be an awesome time for it to be.)

lol i'm a "culinary chemist" of my own edibles which are really potent... not that hard really... anyone can do it

I'm just saying it would be ironic if, after you accused him of a store-bought stash, it turns out that he professionally does this shit and those are his products.

Thought that'd be funny... Yeah.... I'm sober today, leave me alone.

I'm just saying it would be ironic if, after you accused him of a store-bought stash, it turns out that he professionally does this shit and those are his products.

it was funny, i'm just pissed at wo1fg4ng cuz he's playing the devil's advocate this whole thread...

imean if you're sick and you don't feel good you wouldn't be up to making them

says the "culinary chemist"

Or a brilliant marketing scheme hehehe

it was funny, i'm just pissed at wo1fg4ng cuz he's playing the devil's advocate this whole thread...
you mad bro?