• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Smelling like solvent or paint

marione

Bluelighter
First time I get coke smelling so hard like this one, can't recognize what makes the smell, anyway my question is if it's safe to IV it or not, or there is a procedure to clean it before injection.
Thanks

If you are having to question on whether or not to inject it based on it's smell, then I definitely would not even contemplate it.

Search for Le Junk's guide on cleaning cocaine.

Don't IV it though, no drug is worth your life.

Tnx Wiggi, unfortunately I can't recognize this smell so I can't tell if is acetone, ether or else and if it's normal or not to smell this solvent.
Other guys I know use ROA by sniffing or freebasing it with baking soda and they tell it's a great product.

I made a test injecting a very small quantity of it and found that isn't harsh for veins and gives a strong buzz without much euphoria, it also caused me some pupil dilatation and faster hearthbeat.
It would be interesting if anyone getting a similar product tells his thought and/or hypothesis.

Good coke usually has a pretty rough smell like that, but it should never be used as a guarantee for its quality or even authenticity.

Best coke i´ve ever got smelled hard like a solvent. Normally it means that had few cuts, if you ever opened one of those bags that come straight from Colombia you would know i =D Mix a bit with water, if it dissolves nicelly you should have high grade shit.

Considering the fact I never been in South America, I can only compare it with previous products tested before and this is one of the strongest in effects, absolutely no agitation, no paranoia and fear feelings but not great euphoria and good feelings I'm searching.
Letting the bag open most of the smell goes away.

All the people I know that have my same product are satisfied, but they just snort or smoke freebase when i IV it only.
As written in another post, I get pupils miosis during the bellring and for 5 minutes then they return normal or got little dilatation. Never noticed this thing, at the moment I cant compare this batch
to another one from different source.

Saying solvent smell is bit vague.
Anyway you could just leave it exposed to the air for a couple hours as many solvents will evaporate almost completely if you let them.
If that doesn't work, washing with acetone, then letting the acetone evaporate should do the trick.
Or if you're really worried an acid-base extraction and then resalting will generally get the best results. It is, however, time consuming and requires some knowledge/skills and a few chemicals.
Anyway, getting it absolutely safe for IV injection is almost impossible; IV is the most risky ROA for more reasons than chemical purity, and best avoided if solution isn't pharmaceutical.
At least be as safe as you are willing. When it comes to IV, you can't be too careful.

True, solvent is too generic but is the best way I can describe itl, not knowing the smell of acetone I can't say if it has been washed or added with it.
Smell decrease in few hours if the product is out his plastic bag and the powder dries a little.
Got to learn how to purify it using the guide there on BL, will need time because I have to translate correctly the text without errors or I'll fuck everything up.

And yes, I fully agree on what you say about IV injections and the risks connected to this ROA.

I've never done Cocaine or know what it smells like (Been offered it 3 times, but I've always declined)

Anyways, Injecting something like Acetone WILL KILL YOU. The death will be relatively slow and very painful. I wouldn't inject this stuff in the first place - but the smell of some sort of solvent.....that would make me even wary of taking it at all.

Anyways, this may be attributed to the way the Cocaine is manufactured and where it's from. In columbia - farmers who make it actually mix the raw ingredients in gasoline and it's possible you could be smelling some sort of petroleum residue because of that.

Yes, the smells are because of the manufacturing process, and it is probably from the gasoline. Nobody cuts cocaine with solvents.

Would levasimole, a common adulterant in cocaine for the past few years, smell like that? They supposedly add it at the source in South America, I guess to make it look more fishscale? Whatever, I've never done cocaine, but I've watched the two dudes in the movie The Reverant happily exclaim, "holy shit man, this smells like pure gasoline!" after they steal the cocaine bags from the various people before drinking their blood.

But I agree that you should do an acetone wash if something smells off, that is how responsible cocaine users on Bluelight do it whenever they get a new batch, if its pure wouldn't it come out smelling good with the same yield? Hopefully people with more coke experience than myself can chime in, good luck. :)

Good coke usually has a pretty rough smell like that, but it should never be used as a guarantee for its quality or even authenticity.
Cocaine production begins by placing coca leaves in a pit along with kerosene and acid. Often the closer to the source the more it smells of the kerosene. Like MrS said it's no guarantee of quality but it definitely doesn't mean it is (less) impure than not.

the best cocaine anyone can get won't have much of a smell at all but this is talking about 95% pure or higher

Cocaine production begins by placing coca leaves in a pit along with kerosene and acid.

Actually what I read is that it doesn't necessarily have to be kerosene, but rather any sort of processed petroleum - which includes kerosene. So they probably do use kerosene, but they could also use Diesel, Gasoline, and probably certain types of motor oil.

All the best coke I have ever had has that slight solvent/nail polish recover smell to it. If it does not have this smell and is not of a fishcale type appearance and is slightly moist then what you are getting is fairly low grade. Another good quick quality test is to break open a lump and the exposed surface should go from plain looking to fishscale within moments. Its never really safe to inject any coke as even if you get 870% then you are still banging 20% God knows what.

the best cocaine anyone can get won't have much of a smell at all but this is talking about 95% pure or higher

That's tosh mate. We used to have 80+% and it always smelt. I know it was top draw as was obtained from the top and washing a G would always give back at least 0.8

^ this is entirely correct. Nobody is getting 95% coke. I was addicted for 10 years and the purest I've ever come across buying IRL at reasonable level and on markets was labtested as 87%. And you would have thought that was 100% pure by how small the doses you needed were. The 87% wasn't by the Dutch method either, it was by GC/MS testing, which is out of 100. None of the Dutch stuff is ever really 89% (by their method) either.

Cocaine production begins by placing coca leaves in a pit along with kerosene and acid. Often the closer to the source the more it smells of the kerosene. Like MrS said it's no guarantee of quality but it definitely doesn't mean it is (less) impure than not.

Correct. However the best and purest stuff I've tried had little to no smell but a very distinctive taste when you sniffed it. Alot of UK stuff stinks of kerosense and looks like fishscale but is only 60% territory, from lab tests and washing it back.

If you are having to question on whether or not to inject it based on it's smell, then I definitely would not even contemplate it.

Search for Le Junk's guide on cleaning cocaine.

Don't IV it though, no drug is worth your life.

I agree with this guy don't IV it bc it's easier to od and die with intravenous use I used to snort cocaine and the best stuff I've ever had had a kind of gasoline/kerosene smell bc it means usually that it hasn't been stepped on much since leaving south America I was never addicted I just did it every once in a while like once or twice a year but quit due to have a child if u don't want to live long then do it all the time it'll kill u eventually but don't shoot it up bc it'll cut your life alot shorter by either killing u or fucking up ur nervous system ur immune system and ur brain.