• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Slender girls vs. Curvy Girls? MERGED. [mild work warning]

Beautiful people are beautiful no matter what the body type, i can't place beauty on "body type x" or whatnot, there are beautiful slender and beautiful curvy and everywhere in between, i love it all, but anyways all that beauty doesn't mean shit w/o a decent mind behind it....

curvy curvy curvy its quite a nice word when u say it over a few times .

Inner beauty definitely speaks volumes more than outward appearance. How many of you have know that hot girl that everyone makes comments about but you couldn't stand to spend a minute with her because you actually know her personality.

unfortunately, beauty is not entirely in the eyes of the beholder any longer because we grew up in a media-centric culture where we were bombarded with advertising that displayed the 'ideal' body type at every turn. Every car ad, beer commercial, and magazine cover clearly illustrates this.

Many years ago (a few hundred or so) the 'ideal' woman was very 'curvy'. Anyone below a certain weight was considered unhealthy and unfit for marriage and bearing children. But now, we obsess over thinness. We know medically that that anyone who is 'obese' is at certain health risks just as anyone who is dangerously underweight. So perhaps the ideal body is one that is neither under stress from excess weight or is dangerously underweight and functions perfectly in this area. Our attraction however is not determined by 'healthy' though and probably most of these girls are labeled 'average' and overlooked for there 'model body' counterparts.

Despite my recognition of all this I'm terrible unhealthy in relation to my own attitudes towards my own body. Many people tell me I have an underlying eating disorder which I continue to deny. I am skinny by most standards, 5'11" and 145lbs, but of course cannot see this when I look at myself. I strive to look like the 'ideal' image perhaps because I feel it will make me somehow more complete although I know I will never be whole. I recently convinced myself that I have ADD and talked my way into a script for adderall. I knew damn well that ampetamines would kill my appetite and make me thinner.

While I strive to look like 'model body' we grew to recognize as the 'ideal', I am never attracted to, nor could I see myself being physical with someone so sickly thin. Perhaps because I'm imagining the same inner-madness just underneath the skin.

What I find weird is that guys always say they love a girl with curves. They want something the can hold on to, etc. However, when that super skinny girl walks into the club they all start drooling. I don't get it. i'm curvy and I'm not saying guys are not attracted to me but most guys that are attracted to me always say their an "ass" man. Also, have you noticed that it is mostly caucasion girls that are striving to be super super skinny. Because it seems that is what society kind of expects (at least in advertising, etc.) but black females are appreciated and adored for curves etc. Most black men will not date skinny girls. They really do appreciate curves. This is just my observations and opinion!:)

frizzantik said:
why the hell are these guys attracted to something that is FAKE and unnatural?

for the same reason people like junk food.. it's been scienfitically engineered to be appealing.

i think it's more socially engineered than anything

The guy I'm seeing seems to like curves, especially on the ass. I certainly think mine is big enough but he says he wants to 'fatten me up' to make my ass bigger (though he likes it as it is too). Most guys I've been with have appreciated curves. I mean, look in a lot of men's magazines: the women are usually curvy. Even though they're closer to being skinny than to being chubby, they are still a far cry from the stick-thin models that we are bombarded by on tv. Maybe that's changing though, I don't know...

hrm i have multiple answers

first off i think the idea of living life simply for someone elses asthetic aproval is pretty lame, and if you do, you deserve to be a graded piece of meat

secondly, curves rule. fashion and such tends to push the used-to-be-a-hot-chick-but-shot-way-too-much-smack skinny look, and bleh i like to have some woman to grip onto. thats just me tho. some guys like em thin as paper, some like em the opposite. i think there is a happy medium.

a real woman's beauty transcends physical appearance.

well personally i want to be slender, skinny, tiny, toothpick....
mostly because of my fucked up head. I have been dealing with bulimia and anorexia for 3-4 years now. I am 5'6 and i wear a size 2/3 jeans.
I still consider myself curvy, my tits are not big AT ALL, my ass is not eaither. but i have always had huge legs and my arms are fat and my tummy and hips are WIDE!
anyway... i would love to be slim, i will consider myself to be when i loose 15 more lbs.

tranzgression said:
Many years ago (a few hundred or so) the 'ideal' woman was very 'curvy'. Anyone below a certain weight was considered unhealthy and unfit for marriage and bearing children. But now, we obsess over thinness.
A few hundred or so? This is a phenomenon that has roots in the relatively recent past, not a few hundred years ago!

mato2crazyboys said:
well personally i want to be slender, skinny, tiny, toothpick....
mostly because of my fucked up head. I have been dealing with bulimia and anorexia for 3-4 years now. I am 5'6 and i wear a size 2/3 jeans.
I still consider myself curvy, my tits are not big AT ALL, my ass is not eaither. but i have always had huge legs and my arms are fat and my tummy and hips are WIDE!
anyway... i would love to be slim, i will consider myself to be when i loose 15 more lbs.

Wow. You're really being too hard on yourself. You are at a perfectly healthy weight, probably even on the small side. Therapy and a good exercise program would probably benefit you more than possibly adversely affecting your health by starving or binging and purging.

i watched a documentary on National Geographic Channel (thank god for doco channels on cable) about a small African Village. A woman was getting married and wasn't "large" enough, so she had to stay in a small hut, drinking goats milk and slee until she had reached a "healthy" weight. Apparently, a skinny bride isn't a valued bride in their culture. Just goes to show you that what is aesthetically pleasing to the eye, varies so much between cultures. The men of the village were shown pictures of models in magazines, and they were rolling on the floor laughing at how there was no flesh on their bones.... interesting.

I'm not saying that i agree with this either; forcing a woman to get fat so she is a more valued bride is just as bad as a guy saying to a girl "hmmm...you're collecting a bit of junk in your trunk, how about losing some weight".

Who the hell cares!? Girls are beautiful creatures in general and we should kiss God's green earth they even entertain our filthy male presence! :D

fruitfly said:
A few hundred or so? This is a phenomenon that has roots in the relatively recent past, not a few hundred years ago!

Indeed! Look at the girls in early 80's movies and their body types.

Completely different to what we have today.

personally, i think it all comes down to personality. i never used to think this as my mindset was for the more slender type of woman until recently, when i fucked a really really fat lady. she was huge, and i normally wouldnt bother going near something like that but i was drunk, and she had a great personality and a nice face. let me tell you she was the best root ive had in a long time. she was on top of me and man, she just engulfed me, covering me like a blanket and it felt soo fucking awesome just grabbing onto her and shit. great experience. because of this it has opened my mind to any woman, however i of course i find the slender girls more attractive, but like i said, benefits in all types of people.

I love being thin. I'm 5'7" 125lbs, and I always wish to lose more weight. Ever since I can remember I liked super skinny people. I like a girl with a decent bum, don't like big titties.
I used to be 140 lbs and I really didn't like my body then. A lot of people tell me I would look better if I put on some weight.....this is the way I like it, it makes me happy....
oh and a lot of black guys DO like skinny girls

Both are great, its just all about not being ridged, either from being overly skinny or fat.
Just honesty from a male perspective.

SillySilly said:
What I find weird is that guys always say they love a girl with curves. They want something the can hold on to, etc. However, when that super skinny girl walks into the club they all start drooling. I don't get it.

1. Some guys like skinny girls.

2. Some guys like curvy girls.

3. Society says that guys are supposed to be attracted to skinny girls, so when guys are with other guys, they all look at the skinny girls because they think that's what they're supposed to do to not get made fun of.

4. Me likes the curves

I am slender and 'petite' as people say - bout 52kgs, 5 foot 2 (and thats stretching it ;) ) I put all my weight on my stomach which is annoying coz I feel like it puts me out of proportion.

My sister is only slightly taller then me, but a diff body type - curvier, stockier and absolutely stunning (I think so). The thing that pisses me off is when people dont think slender ppl can have body image issues. Both me & my sister have body issues, but mine are more likely to be waivered "Oh, as if" What crap.

I don't know how, but I grew up with this bizarre body image. I didn't really think much about my body for a long time, I didn't hate, didn't like it - it was just there. My big gripe is with my height, I just feel so short all the time that it does put my body image out.

When I was younger I thought you could only have thin legs if you were tall, so as a result I thought I had short stumpy legs, no arse (mine never seemed as big as anyone elses :p). I didnt consider myself thin, I considered myself 'small'. Like kid small. So I never felt like I measured up.

Its only really been in the past 2-3 years that I've actually realised that there are assets. Its been a combination of hearing it enough from your friends ("Show your farking legs/boobs off!!") and compliments from guys. Both helped majorly with confidence. I still find compliments hard to take tho.

He he... I still do have a bizarre body image!!! You know when you just look at your legs and be like "This is definitely a fat day" and no one else will ever understand where you're coming from.....