• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Skin contact with powder rc's?

I'm calling placebo effect.

I got some BDFLY last year and like an idiot got it all over my fingers trying to scrape it all out of the container (I know, I should have used gloves), and guess what? No effects.

And this stuff was tested by a chemist friend in Switzerland as being a very pure R-enantiomer.

I think the inhalation hypothesis to be the most likely, especially if you're hovering right over the scale, as one usually does when dealing with milligram amounts

I'm calling placebo effect.

Seconded - I've carelessly handled & inhaled some potent powder before & the only effect was anxiety about what effect it was going to have :eek:

^Do you mean that you inhaled far below the active dose of said potent powders? Because inhalation of an active dose of a real psychedelic (especially a potent one) would definitely result in a chemical-induced experience.

The placebo effect from skin contact I believe, but the placebo effect from inhalation seems like its highly dependent on the quantity and strength of the material inhaled. Granted, you have had experiences like this and call placebo, would you think the same if you had inhaled twice as much? Three times as much?

Furthermore, could not anxiety be a downstream effect of a tiny pinch of psychedelic?

You're probably right, but it's something to consider.

^ I agree with your premise, but I think in reality it's quite difficult to inhale an active dose of the mainstream RC's (which could of course change if super-potent opiate-RC's are brought to market) for three reasons:

1. The DO-X's are psychedelically-active at > 1mg, and one must be pretty careless (or packaging doses for distribution) to get that much into the air and inhaled.

2. BDFLY is a sticky-clumpy substance that has almost no chance of getting airborne to begin with.

3. For the most part, all the rest have lower potencies, and the odds of ingesting a psychedelic dose would probably involve weighing/encapsulating dozens or hundreds of doses.

There's always the possibiliy that it could be absorbed through wounds/scar tissue on the hands etc as it's not as efficient a barrier as healthy skin (& if they're from biting fingernails you'd also get hand to mouth transfer)

^ I agree with your premise, but I think in reality it's quite difficult to inhale an active dose of the mainstream RC's (which could of course change if super-potent opiate-RC's are brought to market) for three reasons:

1. The DO-X's are psychedelically-active at > 1mg, and one must be pretty careless (or packaging doses for distribution) to get that much into the air and inhaled.

2. BDFLY is a sticky-clumpy substance that has almost no chance of getting airborne to begin with.

3. For the most part, all the rest have lower potencies, and the odds of ingesting a psychedelic dose would probably involve weighing/encapsulating dozens or hundreds of doses.

Yeah... the cloud of fine powder you see in the light when capping 2C-E, for example, probably amounts to much less than a milligram, so even if you inhaled the whole cloud, you would be receiving FAR less than an active dose. An accidental inhalation is definitely on the order of micrograms. I could see it happening for the DOXs, but not for most powders.