View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sketchy Blotter Paper?

jimmahill00

Greenlighter
Hey guys this is my first post here as you can see, so forgive me if I accidentally break any rules.
While I have tripped 5 or 6 times on mushrooms, this weekend will be my first time trying LSD. I bought 5 tabs of acid through a friend whom I trust, and while he has never tried acid himself (he makes money through connecting dealers to buyers), he assured me the acid was very potent. Looking at the tabs themselves, however, I was a bit dismayed. While they are definitely blotter paper, they are not cut uniformly, and the paper has no lines on it designating one 'hit'. Furthermore, three of the tabs are what one would consider normal size (about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch), which the dealer referred to as 'double doses'. The other two tabs were about the size of a normal tab cut in half, which the dealer referred to as 'single doses'. The dealer's instructions were to take one of the 'single doses', and see how I felt from there. Obviously, given the sketchiness of the situation, I am a little worried I got ripped off. While I understand there is no way to actually tell without just taking it, I was wondering if anyone bought acid in such a way before, or heard of this happening. Do you think the dealer might've actually put a full hit (100 ug) on half a tab, or did I just get ripped off? Thanks :)

There's no way to tell how much acid you got, but much of the good acid around here is just a solid thin strip of paper and you cut it wherever you decide to cut it. The paper doesn't determine the quality of the acid in any way. The thing you'd be best off worrying about is the taste (bitter = fake acid)

Open to especulations.

Not cut uniformly humm...single dose...double dose...this sound bad and don't give me much confidence.

That was my thought exactly, veodo. From what I've read this whole situation almost screams research chems. However, given how strongly my friend endorsed the dealer/product, I am fairly sure it's real LSD. I may still get a test kit, if I have time between now and the weekend. My concern is more whether the dealer saw an opportunity to save himself some money and sold me half doses as full doses.

Last edited:
That was my thought exactly, veodo. From what I've read this whole situation almost screams research chems. However, given how strongly my friend endorsed the dealer/product, I am fairly sure it's real LSD. I may still get a test kit, if I have time between now and the weekend. My concern is more whether the dealer saw an opportunity to save himself some money and sold me half doses as full doses.

Don't mean to sound like a dick, but you're an blind idiot if you believe anyone - your friend included - as to the legitimacy of a substance you plan to ingest. Unless he personally tested them using an Ehrlich's reagent test kit, he's stupid to conclude they're LSD, and he's recklessly endangering your health when he assures you of this.

Bottom line is you're an idiot if you trust anyone else's word on the legitimacy of a substance, and an even bigger idiot if this person is a goddamn drug dealer out to make money.

My main concern is that YOUR main concern is being sold weak tabs. Jesus Christ man, you don't even know what's on them - who cares how strong they are until you actually know what you're holding.

Go ahead, munch them down without testing them. You've only got yourself to blame for whatever may happen, and in turn your friend for misleading you, and the dealer for misleading everyone. But mostly yourself.

Those things are dangerous pieces of trash. They give a false sense of security. A false positive can be deadly when it comes to LSD identification.

Better than being naive and believing anything your dealer said (or anyone for that matter).

OP: Send the tabs to either of these places to be tested:

http://energycontrol.org/

http://www.ecstasydata.org/

But yes, this would be best. Probably overkill if you don't plan on taking any more than a single tab/hit of what you've got hold of, but still the only true way to conclusively say what you have is LSD or not.

Better than being naive and believing anything your dealer said (or anyone for that matter).

There are other ways to tell if a blotter is NBOMe that cannot be tricked, such as taste.

And also, one dose of NBOMe can be deadly.

Wrong.

Legitimate LSD might taste bitter because of the ink on the blotter. Taste is an even less reliable and more irresponsible way to 'test' your blotter.

There is no ink on the blotter, so that shouldn't be an issue. My friends and I have put a lot of effort in to clearing time to trip this weekend, so waiting to receive test results from a lab doesn't seem very feasible at this point. That said, I agree the taste test probably isn't the best way to go about doing things. I may have access to a UV Light, which, although not conclusive, could at least give a general indication as to what the substance is.

But what am I supposed to do if I learn the substance isn't LSD? Throw it out? I have no particular aversion to tripping on research chems, as long as I'm not taking too big of a health risk in doing so. Should one of us take a single dose and see what happens from there?

If you're unsure, just take a single blotter/hit. Even if it turns out to be the undesirable NBOMe of some kind, it's unlikely the dose will be of concern at all....though this is completely ignoring the fact that some people have had severely adverse reactions to a single 'normal' dose of 25X-NBOMe, including death. That's a decision you'll have to make (though don't think too much of it....just don't exceed a single tab no matter what if you choose to take it without absolutely confirming it's LSD).

FWIW/YMMV, I've knowingly taken 2.4mg (2 blotters) of 25I. I didn't die (well, I don't think I did), and didn't particularly feel my health was at actual risk at any stage, but I certainly didn't enjoy the experience nor will I ever bother repeating it again, even at a lower dosage. I felt like absolute shit, and could definitely tell it wasn't an easy going chemical on your body.

Ultimately, you're only going to be able to get *close* to concluding what's on there. Once you're happy with wherever your tests land you on this part, it's up to you whether you wish to go through with it or not :)

Whatever you choose, be safe :)

If you're unsure, just take a single blotter/hit. Even if it turns out to be the undesirable NBOMe of some kind, it's unlikely the dose will be of concern at all....though this is completely ignoring the fact that some people have had severely adverse reactions to a single 'normal' dose of 25X-NBOMe, including death. That's a decision you'll have to make (though don't think too much of it....just don't exceed a single tab no matter what if you choose to take it without absolutely confirming it's LSD).

FWIW/YMMV, I've knowingly taken 2.4mg (2 blotters) of 25I. I didn't die (well, I don't think I did), and didn't particularly feel my health was at actual risk at any stage, but I certainly didn't enjoy the experience nor will I ever bother repeating it again, even at a lower dosage. I felt like absolute shit, and could definitely tell it wasn't an easy going chemical on your body.

Ultimately, you're only going to be able to get *close* to concluding what's on there. Once you're happy with wherever your tests land you on this part, it's up to you whether you wish to go through with it or not :)

Whatever you choose, be safe :)
Thank you, and everyone else, for your help. I really appreciate it :). If I do end up testing and/or taking it later this week, I'll update the thread just in case it's helpful for any future readers.

If it's bitter it's a spitter, no ifs ans or buts. No legitimate LSD tabs will have a bitter taste to them. Every time, EVERY TIME I've seen legit L, it's tasteless, and EVERY TIME I've seen RC's in place of L, I've known from the very moment they hit my tongue something was off. Trust your taste buds man, if they detect anything, you'd best spit it out. Maybe a mild electrical-eqsue sensation at most is what I've received from LSD.

Even then, in my experience with NBOMe tabs, I haven't really conclusively noticed the metallic/bitter taste or subsequent numbness until it's too late and I'm already starting to feel first alerts.

If there's no lines I would cut squares certainly no larger than 5mm x 5mm and only take one that size at first.
However it's still a gamble. Tread carefully

UV lights are junk and degrade your acid. Taste test is probably more reliable assuming it's just white paper. Anything white glows under a blacklight.

UV light will not degrade your LSD to any appreciable amount after a few seconds of exposure, if at all.
If UV lights were able to ionize organic molecules that easily they wouldn't have them in dance clubs otherwise the whole crowd would be sick with radiation poisoning.
A taste test is a poor recommendation because usually once they place it on their tongue it's already too late and the drug has dissolved into their saliva.
If OP doesn't care what he ingests a taste test might be fine but one should hope he/she would be more responsible than to ingest random chemicals without a care in the world.

There may be ways that false positives or false negatives occur, and certainly not all blotter is submitted for lab testing even in countries where it is free to do so... but reagents are still a first line of defense.

If you don't want to run risks, do not use drugs, period. May sound lame, but it is true and I wanted to say that to people criticizing others who are putting in effort to at least find out some indication.
What it should NOT give you, is a false sense of security. Even if you use reagents, hope for the best but prepare for the worst: start low with any new batch.
That is always true, but if you are new to your source (or vice versa I guess), if you are new to the drug and understanding stuff about it.... or better said if you have a lack of experience with telltale signs, then all of this goes double for you.

Be careful.

And FWIW, the appearance of the blotter mentioned in the OP says nothing, it can easily be how WOW blotter is measured which is often unperforated and cut manually.

On the other hand, the rest does sound sketchy. Weird sizes of blotters indicate other substances being put on there that fit better cause the doses needed are higher. Warning to take only one and go from there, is very standard. It is responsible to say if you have legit acid, and it is plausible for someone to say this who is selling nasty chems that have a small therapeutic index i.e. are dangerous physically at higher doses.