• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Silk Road Dealers Are Getting Arrested All Around The World

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
Arresting the site's owner was just stage one.

NOD, a well-known drug dealer on the defunct online black market Silk Road, has been arrested in Washington State, along with a partner. Across the Atlantic, four Silk Road users were arrested by British authorities “on suspicion of supplying controlled drugs.” In Sweden, two Silk Road users have been arrested for allegedly selling marijuana on the site.

British authorities say more arrests are coming. The method by which the U.S. arrests appear to have come about — routine package interdiction, then a simple investigation — suggests that other American dealers may be at risk. In addition, the charges aren’t new or novel, but simple and very severe:

“Based on the forgoing,” the complaint says, “I submit that there is probably cause to believe that STEVEN SADLER and JENNA WHITE have conspired to distribute cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine.”

Nothing about this series of arrests, or last week’s criminal complaint against Silk Road’s proprietor, should be comforting to Silk Road dealers. Investigators seem to have caught on to Silk Road about as fast as users did.

And those users are getting worried too. “Got a call…” writes one user on Reddit. “Apparently I have to meet with the local police agency. Is this a true law in the states that I have to go?” Many other users seem to be named, or at least identified by address, in the complaint against Sadler and White; if authorities were interested in prosecuting their customers, they have a lot of information to work with.
A user on the encrypted Silk Road forums claiming to be one of the sellers targeted in the UK investigation has a rosier outlook. “I’m the one arrested in Devon, anyone know who the others are?” asks the user, who says he is popular Silk Road user PlutoPete. “Unlike other vendors, my address was no secret, PlanetPluto is a registered business selling legal products. I break a few small rules such as selling seeds together with a growguide, but they would look so pathetic doing me for stuff like that the publicity would just send me more customers,” he wrote on Oct. 4, soon after British authorities seized his “legal herbs” (Salvia, Kratom) and computers.

“They got the warrant on the suspicion that i’m involved in the large scale distribution of class A drugs, my lawyer says there’s no way they could suspect that from the evidence that had been disclosed to that point, but that was before i returned home and found the copy of the evidence list, 18 pages of stuff they’ve seized,” he writes.

Regardless, this will send a shock through the so-called dark net. Feds are going after Silk Road like a simple drug ring, not an exotic website, and have been investigating it effectively since 2011.

The relative difficulty of accessing Silk Road — setting up Tor, converting cash to Bitcoins, setting up encrypted communications — may have given users a sense of security and secrecy. But these technological safeguards aren’t really safeguards at all: Buying and selling illegal drugs it turns out, is more than enough to get you caught.

source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrman/silk-road-dealers-are-getting-arrested-all-around-the-world

Did this article mention that it took the collaboration of no less than 4000 british police officers working and they managed to catch a total of 4 guys and call it a success? I read it on some swedish site :D

edit: here is that article http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/08/silk-road-illegal-drugs-arrested-britain

"Using the expertise of over 4,000 officers and the latest technology
Four men were arrested last week over their alleged role in the online marketplace"

They sure got their priorities straight 8(

Last edited:
Did this article mention that it took the collaboration of no less than 4000 british police officers working and they managed to catch a total of 4 guys and call it a success? I read it on some swedish site :D

edit: here is that article http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/08/silk-road-illegal-drugs-arrested-britain

Four men were arrested last week over their alleged role in the online marketplace"

Amazing. Just astounding.

Geez...kinda makes one not so worried again...id say those are pretty good odds!

what are you talking about the worlds a safer place.. oh wait no its not and 4000 british officers just milked the failed drug war again. wake up people.. you might want to scream.. humm I got the funny feeling the police think I'm dumb, BECAUSE THEY ARE CERTAINLY FEEDING ME BULLSHIT AND EXPECTING ME SWALLOW, PAY FOR IT, AND BE GRATEFUL, LIKE A GOOD DUMB SHEEP SHOULD..

Last edited:
^this is what the "War on drugs" is

masses of thousands of police standing around doing nothing and getting paid for it, and one day happen to catch a guy with some weed. the newspapers put it on the front page and the government screams their victory from the rooftops.

Nod in USA used PO boxes as return address, his bust had nothing to do with SR going down.

I highly doubt 4000 police officers actually collaborated on this...I mean, that's like a giant auditorium of police officers. It was probably a figure of speech, "It took the efforts of the 4000 dedicated men and women..." type thing.

^I'll say again, people have been mailing drugs forever, particularly LSD. Maybe Tor and SR and all that other shit is new, but it still comes down to mailing drugs.

"NOD" was using every post office within 100 miles of Seattle to avoid detection. If you're the typical idiot who would maybe only rotate between a few, all it would take is a few buys to bust you, it doesn't matter if God himself came up with the technology. When it comes to mailing drugs, you're actually better off doing bigger amounts occasionally.(it would seem) If you're showing up at the post office or wherever with a bunch of flat-rate envelopes every other day, you'll be screwed in no time.(it would seem) There's ways to disguise the smell against a generalized search with a bunch of other parcels mixed in, but if your package is singled out the dogs will smell it.(it would seem)

Regular envelopes that you can drop in a mail box are by far the safest thing to use.(it would seem reasonable that this would be true)

However, if everyone in the world started mailing drugs to each other, there wouldn't be a damn thing they could do about it....

Edit: This post is for entertainment purposes only. I'm purely speculating on what seems safer for the purpose of discussion, not providing information on how to conceal criminal acts.

Last edited:
If you read the article, that's not actually a quote from it. What the NCA are saying is we have 4000 motherfuckers looking for specks of dust in the War on Drugs. Not that 4000 arrested 4.

Having said that, I just made a similar-ish post about PO's to you over in EADD on the SR thread there.

OK. So Silk-Road's successor will just make the communication through the servers untraceable.

"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Same is true for the closing down of Silk Road.

If you read the article, that's not actually a quote from it. What the NCA are saying is we have 4000 motherfuckers looking for specks of dust in the War on Drugs. Not that 4000 arrested 4.

Having said that, I just made a similar-ish post about PO's to you over in EADD on the SR thread there.

Oops, my bad. I quoted it from another forum from someone who appearently got it wrong lol.

This is how it should read:

"Using the expertise of over 4,000 officers and the latest technology, we will arrest suspects and disrupt and prevent their illegal activity to protect the public. These latest arrests are just the start; there are many more to come.""

Still a waste of time and money though.

Using the post office to ship? Not only the most unreliable shipping service but the only one ran by the government.

Im thinking the police will knock an many doors of silkroad buyers purely to cause a bit of hysteria and just to let everyone know that they know what you have been up to.

If they don't adopt this approach what will taking the silkroad down actually achieve. Thats my thoughts on the matter. Will have to wait and see how it pans out.

Im thinking the police will knock an many doors of silkroad buyers purely to cause a bit of hysteria and just to let everyone know that they know what you have been up to.

That's what I am thinking, SUV loads of DEA cruising around doing "knock and talks".

I highly doubt 4000 police officers actually collaborated on this...I mean, that's like a giant auditorium of police officers. It was probably a figure of speech, "It took the efforts of the 4000 dedicated men and women..." type thing.

^I'll say again, people have been mailing drugs forever, particularly LSD. Maybe Tor and SR and all that other shit is new, but it still comes down to mailing drugs.

"NOD" was using every post office within 100 miles of Seattle to avoid detection. If you're the typical idiot who would maybe only rotate between a few, all it would take is a few buys to bust you, it doesn't matter if God himself came up with the technology. When it comes to mailing drugs, you're actually better off doing bigger amounts occasionally.(it would seem) If you're showing up at the post office or wherever with a bunch of flat-rate envelopes every other day, you'll be screwed in no time.(it would seem) There's ways to disguise the smell against a generalized search with a bunch of other parcels mixed in, but if your package is singled out the dogs will smell it.(it would seem)

Regular envelopes that you can drop in a mail box are by far the safest thing to use.(it would seem reasonable that this would be true)

However, if everyone in the world started mailing drugs to each other, there wouldn't be a damn thing they could do about it....

Edit: This post is for entertainment purposes only. I'm purely speculating on what seems safer for the purpose of discussion, not providing information on how to conceal criminal acts.

What a beautiful idea, everyone in the world sending drugs to each other! It could be kind of like time-share but via international postage and you don't leave your house or just a fucking lottery and everyone gets given an address and you send what you can =D

If they don't adopt this approach what will taking the silkroad down actually achieve. Thats my thoughts on the matter. Will have to wait and see how it pans out.

I'm thinking you're dreaming mate...they have bigger fish to fry, particularly in the UK. What's happening is they are making a song and dance initially, make a few big busts of dealers etc. take down some servers, intercept some buys. Similar to what they did with operation whatever it was called last year in England with the prescription drugs online...no big deal basically:D

They are not going to start kicking every door down! As long as people keep doing serious crime like graffiti, being drunk, common assault and the like ;)

Suppose "support your local dealers" was a good saying....

....now nod your head because you know that I'm right all right !!!!