Signs of Infection After Injection (Please Hell)

ElkHorn

Bluelighter
Two days ago I pinned 2.5mL of sustanon and tren acetate into my left rear delt. The next day I pinned 1mL tren in right delt (Monday).

It was on Monday that I started experiencing the worst PIP I?ve gotten from a shot. Both shoulders were very painful to move around (primarily the left shoulder), and it has maybe improved marginally in the last 24 hours.i can front raise without pain, but engaging the rear delta causes moderate to intense pain.

Both injection sites seem to be swollen. A T Nation guide said that if pressing down on the swollen injection sites left a finger shaped indent, that was a sign of infection, but that doesn?t seem to be happening.

Basically symptoms are swelling and pain. Pain hasn?t spread, seems to have marginally decreased, no redness, felt under the weather earlier but seemed to be from kratom and sleep deprivation (watching out for becoming feverish).

On a work trip and stressed out I may have an infection. How likely does that seem to you all, and in the event of an infection, is it safe to wait a few days to see if symptoms appear and worsen before seeking treatment?

Sorry to hear this. It's not possible for any of us to give medical advice online, as I'm sure you can appreciate mate. So only take this as an opinion, but I'd generally expect the pain to get consistently worse and - given the injection was delt area and so probably not that deep - pretty red in the area if you had an out-of-control infection.

Thanks for the reply. I?m a bit of a hypochondriac, so the thought of infection takes my head to a bad place. I go home in 36 hours, so will get it checked out if it isn?t feeling mostly back to normal by then.

If I wake up and it?s feeling worse or new symptoms have appeared I will just go to the hospital.

Yeah Id chill a little, youll know if somethings up. Had a bad shot in my leg turn into an infected abscess a year and a half ago and it was a lot more than PIP. Plus yours has only been a few days, Ive had crippling PIP for a week or more before although not often.

Look for a large area of redness around the injection site, significant warmth to the touch, fever, etc. And if you do end up going to a doc or the hospital, for the love of god dont tell them its from pinning

Would it be a big deal if I was honest? I live in a city where drug use is decriminalized, so unless it had long term implications, I wouldn?t be concerned with them knowing or judging me. Would rather be very clear about what happened. Thank you for your input though.

Two days ago I pinned 2.5mL of sustanon and tren acetate into my left rear delt. The next day I pinned 1mL tren in right delt (Monday).

It was on Monday that I started experiencing the worst PIP I?ve gotten from a shot. Both shoulders were very painful to move around (primarily the left shoulder), and it has maybe improved marginally in the last 24 hours.i can front raise without pain, but engaging the rear delta causes moderate to intense pain.

Both injection sites seem to be swollen. A T Nation guide said that if pressing down on the swollen injection sites left a finger shaped indent, that was a sign of infection, but that doesn?t seem to be happening.

Basically symptoms are swelling and pain. Pain hasn?t spread, seems to have marginally decreased, no redness, felt under the weather earlier but seemed to be from kratom and sleep deprivation (watching out for becoming feverish).

On a work trip and stressed out I may have an infection. How likely does that seem to you all, and in the event of an infection, is it safe to wait a few days to see if symptoms appear and worsen before seeking treatment?

Unfortunately it can be one of those things that happen when you inject, we've all experienced it over the years, it can be a reaction to new gear that may continue after each injection (you may have to throw away and try a different vial), or it may never re-occur, in which case you are lucky..
You won't know until you've injected again..

It can last up to 6 or 7 days with pain, redness, flu like symptoms, don't worry about it..!!

Please go see a medical professional, or go to hospital, and get examined. Be honest about how you injected drugs or steroids. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

What do you think of the concept of attempting to drain it? I read a few places mentioning puncturing the affected area to relieve the pressure and build up. My friend said he did this successfully before.

Approaching 72 hours since first problematic injection. Zero redness or discoloration. Not feeling feverish and injection site isn?t significantly warmer to the touch than any other spots. Pain is pretty much on par with the prior day.

Feel free to try but if it's just PIP there's likely nothing to drain.

Back in my AAS use i use to get this a lot. it can be from injecting to much volume in one space or the size of the muscle and also the compound injected. Like short acting AAS can crystallize giving PIP sides that last for days. Best home diagnoses is to see how swollen or red the sight is and if it gives fever/flu like symptoms. if it is an affection then mostly a short anti-biotics course will sort it out quickly. But if it is a real proper infection then medical help is needed that will end up in it being drained. But mostly before it gets to worse a short course of anti-biotics sorts it out quickly. But let's hope it's just a long acting PIP.

Please go see a medical professional, or go to hospital, and get examined. Be honest about how you injected drugs or steroids. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

This is great advice if you want your insurance to have the ability to fuck you over later on (huge fucking eyeroll). Why would you need to tell them? Say you fell and scraped your leg or a small piece of metal cut you, pierced your skin, etc. Thats exactly what I did, they treated and then drained the abscess and never asked any other questions

What do you think of the concept of attempting to drain it? I read a few places mentioning puncturing the affected area to relieve the pressure and build up. My friend said he did this successfully before.

Approaching 72 hours since first problematic injection. Zero redness or discoloration. Not feeling feverish and injection site isn?t significantly warmer to the touch than any other spots. Pain is pretty much on par with the prior day.

Sooo based on the above info, you want to try and drain something that is showing zero signs of infection...?

Its been 72 hours. I wouldnt even think about worrying until 7+ days unless the symptoms were much, much, much worse than what your describing

Sooo based on the above info, you want to try and drain something that is showing zero signs of infection...?

Its been 72 hours. I wouldnt even think about worrying until 7+ days unless the symptoms were much, much, much worse than what your describing

i Have to agree, by day 4-5 you will know if you have a true abscess and if it needs to be drained, but even by then most docs will prescribe anti-biotics which will help get rid of the abscess, well in most cases from my own personal experience.

Very much appreciate all of the input. I realize i might be overreacting, but i'd rather be overly cautious. I also have OCD, so i obsess over things.

Right at 72 hours since the initial problem shot, and my mobility and pain is significantly better. No redness or fever. I think it was just unusually bad PIP in this case, likely from relying on my deltoids too much and it being of relatively large volume (2.5mL).

On the bright side, i'm pretty happy with my progress over the last year and some months. Here i am at 6'0 220lbs.

nditwKa.jpg

Well if everything is better then i would say you good to go. And just a side side but you looking good bud, reminds me of my competing days and going through hell to get comp ready.

Too much volume in too small of a muscle. Why the fuck put 2.5ml in a muscle that small? Lol. Could also be solvents in the gear if you've never used it before. Ethyl oleate causes massive swelling, pain, and hinders my mobility.

For future reference for possible infection:
-Take a marker and make circle tracing the red spot to monitor if redness is spreading
-apply hot compresses to the area frequently to increase blood flow to increase immune response AND help break down oil deposits/recrystalized gear
-maintain movement in area to keep from getting stiff
-watch for red streaks following blood vessels. Red streaks indicate blood poisoning and immediate ER visit
-don't admit to steroid usage, say it was a bad vitamin B injection
-redness and swelling as long as they improve over the course of a week is a part of the game when dealing with black market steroids that could be made with heavy solvents that cause localized irritation

I think that covers most of it.

Is that too much volume for delts? Ive hit 3cc in shoulders regularly and never had issues. Solvent levels could be big though if they were higher than necessary

Back in my AAS use i use to get this a lot. it can be from injecting to much volume in one space or the size of the muscle and also the compound injected. Like short acting AAS can crystallize giving PIP sides that last for days. Best home diagnoses is to see how swollen or red the sight is and if it gives fever/flu like symptoms. if it is an affection then mostly a short anti-biotics course will sort it out quickly. But if it is a real proper infection then medical help is needed that will end up in it being drained. But mostly before it gets to worse a short course of anti-biotics sorts it out quickly. But let's hope it's just a long acting PIP.

Antibiotics could potentially wipe out his gut microbiome for up to 2 years, decimating immune function, micronutrient synthesis, and digestive functioning, not something I would advise for pip..

Looking solid. If you lost 10-15lbs and dried out you'd look incredible I bet. But you do seem to be lower chest dominant. Which I understand if you mainlt train PL. Maybe do a bit more incline volume to build up the shelf a bit more? The gay guys would like it I bet ;)

Is that too much volume for delts? Ive hit 3cc in shoulders regularly and never had issues. Solvent levels could be big though if they were higher than necessary
For rear delts I'd say so. Rear delt head is smaller than your calf muscles lol.