• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Should I wash down the drip after insufflating?

Synaps3

Bluelighter
I've been using some 8mg dilaudid. I found it barely does anything orally, so I've been snorting for the last 2 days. I'd like to know if the post nasal drip is still actually absorbing or is it going to waste?
Cause I could drink water and wash it down, but if it's still absorbing, then I don't want to. But then if I just let it drip for a long time, it may begin to irritate my throat which is already a bit sore.

What I do when I snorta pill is drip some water into my nose with a little plastic soy sauce bottle and snort to flush it through, just a few drops of water mind you.

It's a practice that I do recommend for folks who insufflate. @bingey has a really good recommendation with the dropper, but I have just snorted a little water out of a small puddle in my hand or even a fingertip and that works fine. You get a couple of benefits from this practice. First, the powder that is still sitting in your nose, doing nothing, can't cross the mucous membranes, as it is dry. By introducing more moisture into the sinus, you help along this powder into a solution, which your mucous membranes can then absorb. Secondly, whatever is not absorbed will be washed down to the stomach and absorbed, albeit to a lesser extent than by way of the sinus. All in all, it's a good practice.

Yeah I just dip a good part of the whole tip of my pinky into water bottle or running tap and snort that pinky water and feels like your drip or another sniff oc a bump has returned!

It's a practice that I do recommend for folks who insufflate. @bingey has a really good recommendation with the dropper, but I have just snorted a little water out of a small puddle in my hand or even a fingertip and that works fine. You get a couple of benefits from this practice. First, the powder that is still sitting in your nose, doing nothing, can't cross the mucous membranes, as it is dry. By introducing more moisture into the sinus, you help along this powder into a solution, which your mucous membranes can then absorb. Secondly, whatever is not absorbed will be washed down to the stomach and absorbed, albeit to a lesser extent than by way of the sinus. All in all, it's a good practice.
Hahahaha puddle in Hand 🤘🤘
Im Barbaric mofo, dip the finger in glass off beer and flush the nose

Yes, but by the time you're sniffing puddles of water out of your hand in public, the type of girls you might attract, you wouldn't want.
Lol , agreed they’d view me as a lightweight because of sniffing,,

I always feel guilty when i see females chasing , i helped two of my ex’s get started on banging H and coke and …..

Lol , agreed they’d view me as a lightweight because of sniffing,,

I always feel guilty when i see females chasing , i helped two of my ex’s get started on banging H and coke and …..
Are we bad People for doing that? I know evryone has a choice (free Will) but in my eyes its kinda on evil/careless/toughtless side from us :/

Hmm, I think none of us ( dealers or users) start off as bad people but both types of us our moral compass’s drift off center from before we entered the life, ( my first detox,rehab I understood why dealers,addicts were mixed together because as a youngster I watched both types change how we were as kids),, but I think it’s easier for the addicts (recovering ones) to snap back to becoming good people again instead of what we turned into in active addiction…..

It’s hard for a dealer to go from earning $1000 a night from dealing to earning $1000 a month flipping burgers.

Hope that makes sense..

Hmm, I think none of us ( dealers or users) start off as bad people but both types of us our moral compass’s drift off center from before we entered the life, ( my first detox,rehab I understood why dealers,addicts were mixed together because as a youngster I watched both types change how we were as kids),, but I think it’s easier for the addicts (recovering ones) to snap back to becoming good people again instead of what we turned into in active addiction…..

It’s hard for a dealer to go from earning $1000 a night from dealing to earning $1000 a month flipping burgers.

Hope that makes sense..

I'm a huge fan of the American animated sitcom, King of the Hill. I've always been amazed by how such subtle, simple language and situations can be so funny on such a deep level. I would consider it antithetical to the type of comedy found in Family Guy, which is a little more crass and "obvious". To each his own though.

Episode 135 is titled Pigmalion. Basically, this poor girl, Luanne, gets courted by a rich "pig" baron who makes pork products. She eventually finds out he is insane. In one scene, this insane CEO guy is dressed as a pig, with Luanne dressed as a "traditional german lady" with the suspenders and pig tails. Then, the hispanic/mexican IDK servant that you had seen throughout the episode shows up, dressed in the CEO's clothing. The guy is trying to recreate a picture from an advertisement.

Luanne is terrified and wondering WTF is going on. The servant guy grunts, shrugs his shoulders and says "...Life... is a series of compromises..." in a defeated voice, like, he never expected to be in this situation, it was just one small compromise after another, until you're recreating a pork advertisement with some insane guy.

That's why I'm a major proponent of AA. I don't know exactly what works and what doesn't, but you're constantly discussing your behavior with others to such an extent that these "compromises" that we make can't just fly under our noses. Our brains want to justify these compromises. We're looking for any and every possible justification and when we find one, we say "justified" and file it away in the dark part of our minds, but it doesn't disappear, it just goes somewhere to fester and these things add up.

Would you recommend this with something like buprenorphine? Since it's not really orally active iirc I always snort it then just leave it up in there since it isn't much material. But if I could find a better/safer way to ingest bupre I'd love to. Not a fan of sublingual route.

Would you recommend this with something like buprenorphine? Since it's not really orally active iirc I always snort it then just leave it up in there since it isn't much material. But if I could find a better/safer way to ingest bupre I'd love to. Not a fan of sublingual route.

Interesting question. This is all really speculative, but I think it's probably legit information. I assume you're talking about insufflating the tablets and not the strips. I think the key is in how much moisture you introduce into your sinus. You can really flush it out or you can just moisten it up a little bit. I'm not sure how others feel, but I can feel when a mass is going down the back of my throat from my sinuses. I think you should just introduce a very small amount of water along with the tablet and pay attention to how it feels in your sinus. The goal is not to wash it down, just to make it moist.

I would recommend the same practice for everyone, as for most, absorption by the sinus is the primary goal. On a separate note, you can do a full saline rinse of your sinuses, say, hours later. The former is to aid in absorption and the latter would be just a normal practice to ensure your sinuses are healthy. I would especially recommend the practice of a complete rinse to users of Cocaine once they know their night is over.

I'm a huge fan of the American animated sitcom, King of the Hill. I've always been amazed by how such subtle, simple language and situations can be so funny on such a deep level. I would consider it antithetical to the type of comedy found in Family Guy, which is a little more crass and "obvious". To each his own though.

Episode 135 is titled Pigmalion. Basically, this poor girl, Luanne, gets courted by a rich "pig" baron who makes pork products. She eventually finds out he is insane. In one scene, this insane CEO guy is dressed as a pig, with Luanne dressed as a "traditional german lady" with the suspenders and pig tails. Then, the hispanic/mexican IDK servant that you had seen throughout the episode shows up, dressed in the CEO's clothing. The guy is trying to recreate a picture from an advertisement.

Luanne is terrified and wondering WTF is going on. The servant guy grunts, shrugs his shoulders and says "...Life... is a series of compromises..." in a defeated voice, like, he never expected to be in this situation, it was just one small compromise after another, until you're recreating a pork advertisement with some insane guy.

That's why I'm a major proponent of AA. I don't know exactly what works and what doesn't, but you're constantly discussing your behavior with others to such an extent that these "compromises" that we make can't just fly under our noses. Our brains want to justify these compromises. We're looking for any and every possible justification and when we find one, we say "justified" and file it away in the dark part of our minds, but it doesn't disappear, it just goes somewhere to fester and these things add up.
My bad dude if I’ve been using the forum to dump my garbage in I didn’t mean to freak anyone out if that’s what I did , I started doing that in the rooms when I was a regular and still go once in a while if things start bothering me,,I’ll keep it in check….

I never got into King of the hill but I’ll watch this episode tonight on Hulu I think I can get it…..

My bad dude if I’ve been using the forum to dump my garbage in I didn’t mean to freak anyone out if that’s what I did , I started doing that in the rooms when I was a regular and still go once in a while if things start bothering me,,I’ll keep it in check….

I never got into King of the hill but I’ll watch this episode tonight on Hulu I think I can get it…..

Naw man, you certainly didn't freak me out. I mean to say I understand how things can get out of hand. Sometimes we find ourselves in places we can't believe and it all starts as a series of compromises.

Hey I know this is an old thread but seems to me the original question has not been answered (I'm also interested in the answer not just op). So let me re phrase the question. After you snort, u feel the drip in the back of your throat. Is that a waste? Was I snorting too hard? Should we leave it in the throat as it is still absorbing, or is it ok to have a drink get rid of the taste

I haven't done coke in years, but it used to be very common for the host to get a glass of water and set it in the center of the table for people to get their fingertips wet to flush a bit.
Bad feeling to get fucked up and take a drink from that glass. Not as bad as drinking bong water from your pop can bong, but definitely cringey.

I'm pretty sure that a snortable can absorb in your throat some as well. I try not to swallow for a while.