• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

should I use Psychedelic when I'm young?

I tripped the first time I was 14 and don't have any issues with myself doing it then. Wouldn't want it any other way honestly.

Its up to you man, if you want to trip, trip. Just know what you are getting into.

lucid scream said:
i started at 16 with acid and all ill say is i wish i had waited a few more years. lsd is a pretty heavy drug, at 16 all i wanted from drugs was to get me wasted. thats not a wise thing to do with lsd, it will bite you back.

qft
lsd is very powerful you should wait untill your older

The first time i tripped I was 14 years old. It was the most spiritual and profound moment of my life and i wouldn't take it back for anything. It made me what I am today and it was so incredibly mind blowing. Not to mention the most fun thing i had done in my life at that time.

Just think about it long and hard and don't be afraid to take chances, they aren't always bad.

B9 said:
Give it a miss this time around & concentrate on something else & in a few years the opportunity will most likely represesent itself & probably be in a better position to make a more informed judgement.

Good luck whatever you do :)

Great posts in this thread each & everyone <3 . I'm impressed, tho I ought to have expected it :)

This is a mighty fine example of why I'm coming to like you PD folks. I'm coming to expect it too :).

Smoke some salvia on HBWR trip. It will be blast...

While it's a decision that's definitely up to you, I will say that I didn't fuck around with anything stronger than weed or alcohol until I was 18, and I'm glad I waited. For me, personally, the added maturity and emotional stability made my drug experiences very much wirth the wait.

edit123 said:
While it's a decision that's definitely up to you, I will say that I didn't fuck around with anything stronger than weed or alcohol until I was 18, and I'm glad I waited. For me, personally, the added maturity and emotional stability made my drug experiences very much wirth the wait.

Couldn't have said it better

feelgoodhit said:
episilon6: salvia is known for its hard-hitting nature and many speculate it may cause PTSD easier than most psychedelics. combine with all the other risk factors involved here, and you're doing the opposite of what you should be doing on Bluelight by "urging" this person to smoke salvia in my opinion.

I am pretty familiar with how hard hitting salvia is. I have had probably a good 20 to 30 complete breakthrough trips on salvia. These were the most intense experiences of my life. Salvia was also my first psychedelic. and the first drug I took after smoking weed. I personally have not experienced any detrimental effects, and over all, I rank salvia up there with the most revelatory experiences of my entire life.

I feel that many people 'throw the baby out with the bathwater' when it comes to salvia. The experience is often (or even usually) intensely unpleasant, and I don't think that many people will disagree with me on that. However, I am glad salvia was my first psychedelic, and would not have had it any other way. With the knowledge of 'how far my mind can go,' I was habitually very cautious in taking subsequent psychedelics. Also, my salvia experiences have served as a useful contrast of intensity while on other psychedelics. It is hard to panic about being 'too fucked up' during an intense portion of a mushroom or acid trip, when I can always say 'Well, this still isn't even close to breakthrough salvia.'

'People speculate that salvia causes PTSD more easily than others.' I agree. People do speculate. I actually have not heard of this at all, but as you just speculated about it in this thread, this statement is technically true, but I do not really have any reason to believe that salvia causes PTSD.

Also on a final note. Is anyone aware of a 14 year-old's caprice and tiny attention span? I think you are all forgetting that he probably isn't taking any of our advice, and has made his mind up by now for reasons entirely unrelated to any posts in this thread.

re: your final note - just because he's fourteen, don't assume he's not listening. as I said before, number of years alive does not equal maturity, and the more we treat kids like they're idiots the less productive talking to them will be. I know that at his age, the second I felt anyone was patronizing me because I was younger I stopped listening right there.

and either way, I don't think it's right to "urge him" to smoke salvia. by speculate I mean I have read more reports of PTSD-like symptoms after a salvia and 5-methoxy-dmt experiences than most other substances... but honestly, even if you said "I urge you to drink a beer", I would still would have wanted to call you on it.

no disrespect meant, but like dyslecstasy said, when I read that I don't hear it coming from a harm reduction standpoint.

and either way, I don't think it's right to "urge him" to smoke salvia.

I would agree with you on that FGH - a spectrum of opinions is what was asked for & I reckon the mesage is pretty clear :)

You PD folks are kinda cool cats you know that? Wish I knew folks like you at 14... coulda saved me a whole world of hurt... and useful life experience possibly on t'other hand...

My personal opinion is that psyches can be a good thing at many points over your lifetime. 14 is young... but a lotta kids are huffing glue and paint stripper that age... The OP (who's name escapes me and I really would lose my thread if I went looking for it) seems to be an intelligent kinda chap or he wouldn't be here asking these questions.

I don't know if there is ever a "right" age... more a right time. I would have been crushed by most psyches at 14... but they helped a lot just 3 years later...

I don't know... rambling like hell now... it's what taking drugs at a young age does to ya I tells ya!

:D

i first took lsd when i was 15 and i would recommend waiting till 18

epsilon6 said:
Have you ever used any drugs? If not, I strongly urge you to try salvia, especially at this age. I would imagine that if you do it at a young age, it will establish a strong appreciation for the strength of psychoactive drugs, and probably make you more cautious in your future drug-related endeavors.

Do not bother with HBWR, and hold off a few years for shrooms, acid, and E.

Bullshit, no way any 14yr old should try salvia blind like that. He needs to read everything he can about it, and wait!

I am personally PROUD that I never even smoked pot until I was 19, one year later I tried LSD my first time, and absolutely had a GREAT time with it.

To the OP: Read about these drugs, learn everything you can short of trying them. WAIT until your mind is more mature before you try a potent psychedelic~ 14 is too young, your brain is physically changing EVERY day, forming new connections, learning and integrating new experiences, and I think, lacks the structure to fully appreciate and learn HOW to use a powerful psychoactive.

I did coke, acid, weed, shrooms and computer duster, in that order during the summer after 8th grade, the coke acid and weed all a bit before my 14th birthday.

All in all I didn't turn out too bad, I would have used less lsd in the years of 14-18, dosing every 3-5 days for months on end here and there seemed to cause me to have anxiety and panic disorders when I go out in public. To the point that I dropped out of HS at 15 and then college at 20ish after getting my GED. Seemed to dull my mind a bit, but I beleive using less LSD would have been purley benefical.

I also used ectasy for the 1st time at 15, hippy flipped with 1 white butterfly roll and about enougth shards from cutting up window pain to cover the tip of my thumb. That was some shit.. I auctually didn't abuse xtc because I'd read about how if you did it too much it wouldn't ever work again even if you quit for a long time.. So I never rolled more than once a month, maybe oncce every 2-3 weeks at the heaviest like if the perfect oprotunity arose..

So yeah you might be ok if you are very prudent and start small, (esp with LSD, I got 5 hits of some FIRE plain white paper doses and was supposed to hold them for a day or teo till my expierenced friends could trip with me, so being a very wise 13 going on 14 y/o that I was I decided to eat 2 of them the night I got them in my hands.. 30 min later and nothing so I'm like wtf and eat 2 more.. an hour and half after eating the 1st doses.. BOOM I'm having the most incredible expierence of my life, watching the walls expand and cpontract, geometric designs and pyrmids forming and going away on the walls, carpet, my hands.. crazyyy ass shit, o out by my parents and they didn't quite know what was up but I got a lecture the next day about not doing drugs lol, keep in mind the only drug I'd done before this was a few lines of coke, not even pot, only cause I'd never been able to inhale cause i didn't smoke cigs lol..) I did hold up pretty good for being 13, alone, and strung out on some of the best doses I've had to this day, over microdots, various papers, geltabs, and lavender/silver liquid doses from shows. I did wig a bit about 4-6 hours into it, thinking I might never come down for a bit, called the persons house i got it from, but she was fucking/sleeping or maybe just not answerin the phone and i got her roommate so all i could do was hang up lol, it was like 4am.. called a few other people and asked their parents for some of them asnd they were all like u can't talk to them right now.. i was like arrghh its a conspiracy i'll never be able to talk to them again,, went a little fruity like that for an hour or so then begain to come back down and was like aww the awesome visuals are leaving.. where was I.. oh yeah if you even can get acid or some natural substiute like woodrose or marning glory seeds (which don't really make you trip like acid does, from what I've read on here and other forums, and has a lot of physical side effects that aren't pleasant). Don't take more than 1 hit and wait 45 min to an hour to take more so you don't take more than you need, it could take 1-3 hits to get you where you like if its weak acid.

So I don't know what to really suggest except to start with smoking lots of good dank, if you can find it, if you et crazy paranoid from smoking lots of dank, you might want to stay away from shrooms or esp acid cause they can cause anxiety and paranoia on a whole nother level than pot.

If you want to expierence crazly altered states of consciousness and some visuals you might want to seek out some ectascy. It rarely causes bad trips as lon and its mda/mde/mdma and not something else, even if its a meth bomb or even all meth it won't likely make you have a bad trip. sOME people will say this is not right to sugest a 14 y/o do xtc but i honestly don't think it would hurt if your prudent and only do 1-2 tabs, maybe 3 if its weak. that and if you get offered tabs by a person and can go online before you buy (ie like from a friend who has them and you can get a descripton of the pills) then you can check out the pills on pillreports.com or other xtc testing sites to determine how strong they are and how they test/or what people beleive they contain. Not every pill will be there and their are diffrent "copy" presses but theres a ood chance you can find your plls. Don't be getting duped by someone taking advantage of you and selling you over the counter pills or random prescription pills as E either, people will do that shit. Check out one of the pill sites and you will get an idea of the diffrence between xtc pills and random commercial pills. Once in awhile an xtc pill will be plain white (rarely) or theres ben X files pills with an x, my exp with x files has been that their bunk tho, just a commercial pill with no effects with an x, but generally xtc pills have a silly design or a nice brands logo. Also their usually colorful, blues, reds, pinks, greens, purples, speckled or not, etc. Some have some meth(or a lot), and will feel speedy, even tho meth does add to the buzz, its synergestic with mdma/mda.

So yeah try smoking some pot first, then if your up to it give some xtc a shot, its a good thing for a beginner considering the chances for having a good expierence is like 98%+. Really its rare for someone to have a bad exp with X.
You shouldn't do E more than once a month, really less than that, it takes your mind quite awhile to rebuild serotonin and dopamine levels, also you can become depressed afterwords esp when you do too much too often.

If you can't get X but can get acid or shrooms I'd reccoment finding someone with exp with it and doing it with them so they can moderate and guide you away from having a bad expierence. If you start small, like 1 hit of acid or 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 grams of shrroms you should be ok. Shrooms are a bit smoother and don't last as long so they'd be a better option. Potency of shrrom can vary too so you have to be careful even with them. Also unscropulous people will sell you supermarket shrroms or rando wild shrroms, which could be posionous, one way to tell generally is a lot of psychedelic shrroms are purple here and there, although not always its a very good sign as few shrrom which aren't psychdelic will turn blue or purple. Look in a color muchroom book or online to see which ones are good and what shade of purple, as its a slight purple not solid like u would get by putting food coloring on market mushrooms.

Thats all I got LOL.. and really it might be a good idea to just smoke pot occasionally untill your 16 or 18 and your brain is a bit more mature and able to handle things better, not even more mature but more fully formed because right now your brain is still chaging.

Also, god I can't beleive I'm giving a 14 y/o advice on where to get drugs, if your peer group dosen't have hookups, but you can get to a rave or jam band concert by you theres always people selling psychedelics at those places. phish, string cheese incident, karl densons tiny universe, the list of jam bands is endless.. people will dog me for this cause hippies don';t like it when outsiders come to shows just to hang in the parking lot to buy drugs but it is a viable option for sure.. people are less picky at raves and will sell rolls or whatever to anyone and your more likely to find good x there. which like i said would be ideal to start with. K would be a nice thing too, ketamine read up on it, it only lasts about an hour and is definitly trippy although its a dissocoisiative sp?lol and not a psychedelic.

Personally i do not think theres to young of an age to try psychedelics.....i took E for my first time when i was 12(im 15 now) but it really all depends on what you hoping to gain out of the drugs, if you just want to see pretty patterns and be the most badass 8th grader in your school i really don't recommend anything that you should try.