Mental Health Shortness of breath when I wake up after taking benzos before bed?

Fairy of the Flowers

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if I've posted this before on my old profile, or made a comment about it in the past, but this has happened before when I take valium before bed I wake up and I can't breathe properly and I ache and feel a bit ill, the aching could be my fibromyalgia but thought valium helps that?

I felt so not right off some 10mg blue valium off the net I bought ages ago so sent them to wedinos and they came back as diazepam, strange as they didn't feel right and felt weak, underdosed in my opinion

I can't remember if it's happened on other benzos, but I think it has years ago, I also used to feel like I had flu when woke up after taking a certain make of Zopiclone by Hab Pharmaceuticals, again a good couple of years ago now, so I won't buy those anymore, but it's not happened on other Zopiclone

Now I've got Galenika Bensiden vallies and they look legit, but it's happened twice now recently and I've only been taking them few days, waking up unable to breathe properly it lasts about an hour

I don't think it's the pills because it doesn't happen if I take them in the day, but I've been put off taking one for breakfast now lol

When the printing shop opens I'll go print a wedinos form and send half a one in, I'm not sending a whole one as they need to last till I can get more, but I don't think it's the vallies, I don't get what's happening has anyone else experienced this?

This most recent batch I've took with my 15mg mirtazapine but not when I've took other benzos etc so it can't be that

I'm stuck I need something to sleep, I've dropped my dose of mirtazapine from 30mg to 15mg as had serotonin syndrome and DO NOT want to go above 15mg of mirtazapine, I want off them eventually but need to do it slowly as my depression etc comes back if I do it suddenly

Thanks

Last edited:
Its something with your body

Yeah I thought maybe it's something to do with a filler inside the pills, but it didn't used to happen, but maybe you have a point as I'm older now lol

When we wake up our bodies are all fucked up too. Haha. Sorry I couldnt help more

Yeah true, I definitely take longer to get going these days lol, thanks for the words of wisdom

Maybe it's someone saying stop taking bloody pills you fucking pill head haha in my defence I'm like well stop me having insomnia and mental illness then eh then I won't need medication

Waking up and feeling like you can't breathe could be anxiety?

Its just on certain benzos though, weird but yeah maybe it's them fucking mirtazapine building up in my system again causing anxiety as even the lower dose has started making my heart go a bit fast when I try to sleep, and giving me anxiety when I wake up so makes sence the shortness of breath could be anxiety I'll take a vallie and see what happens now haha

And I have had shortness of breath due to anxiety in the day before, a long while ago, hmmmm yeah good thinking, but it's strange to take benzos then wake anxious, unless it's rebound anxiety soon as the benzo or sleeping pill wears off

im thinking its more like anxiety like bella was saying. why dont you take your valium during the day when your anxiety kicks in? taking it before sleep gives you really nothing. if you used a ssri or something that would be a different story but valium is usually used for instant release to ease anxiety.

why dont you take your valium during the day when your anxiety kicks in

Its the insomnia more than anything, that's why I take them before bed, I need pills to sleep, but yes I take it for anxiety in the day too, the mirtazapine is meant to help anxiety, it's not that good tbh but helped my depression, until I went up to 30mg and that dose did not help at all, done the opposite actually

I've tried so many things to help my sleep but only benzos, zopiclone in high doses and mirtazapine help, well mirtazapine used to help now I need to add sleepers ontop of it, everything stops helping after a while, so I chop and change from one sleeper to another every few months as my body gets used to certain ones then I need to try another, round and round in circles I go, doctors have gave up on me, they don't know how to help, they don't care, I hear my doctor sigh when I tell her I'm having problems with my medication again

have you tried ambien?

No but it's basically the same as Zopiclone but not as long lasting, so Ambien may help you fall asleep but it's not suitable if you wake up during the night as it won't help you fall back to sleep, and in the UK they only seem to prescribe Zopiclone, well rarely lol I get 10 x 7.5mg a month but need a few a time so they don't last long lol, I used to buy them online too as doctors really don't lie giving anything like that out

No but it's basically the same as Zopiclone but not as long lasting, so Ambien may help you fall asleep but it's not suitable if you wake up during the night as it won't help you fall back to sleep, and in the UK they only seem to prescribe Zopiclone, well rarely lol I get 10 x 7.5mg a month but need a few a time so they don't last long lol, I used to buy them online too as doctors really don't lie giving anything like that out
yea if you take ambien before your head its the pillow or you miss the gap in time it can end up making you stay up and can cause minor hallucinations. i know they give out my antipsychotic out (zyprexa) for people which they shouldnt, but doctors do. it kncoks you out after 2 1/2 hours and you dont build a tolerance to it. ive quit H and zyprexa is going to be alot more of a fight. like going from middleweight to heavy weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea if you take ambien before your head its the pillow or you miss the gap in time it can end up making you stay up and can cause minor hallucinations

So does Zopiclone, I call it "my 20 minute window" if I don't try and sleep within 20 minutes they don't work, they also used cause me mild hallucinations sometimes especially after uppers when I used to take 4-8 Zopiclone, but as I've built up a tolerance to them I don't get them mild hallucinations anymore, I really liked that though haha, but Zopiclone are a bitch to come off as was addicted to them for 3 months or so, not nice to withdraw from at all, take them occasionally now

never go on anti psychotics unless YOU and surrounding family members say you should be on them

I got prescribed Quetiapine once for my generalised anxiety disorder as told the doctor I want my head to shut up, but after a couple of days, maybe even a day I had side effects so quit strait away

I'm scared of tardive dyskinesia that's why I won't go on antipsycotics, I think all mood stabiliser can do that can't they? ab+nd the tics, jerks and grimaces and things can be permanent, don't think I need antipsycotics tbh, but my moods are up and down, depressed on minute a bit hyper the next, but I'm not sure if that's my meds going up and down and different ones, or if I might have traits of bipolar, like someone mentioned or maybe BPD, but just slight traits if at all

I just don't know anymore but all I do know is everything I've tried for anxiety, overthinking, worry and depression causes side effects, I've tried so many meds

It's against this sub-forums rules to recommend people not take drugs, believe it or not, because we aren't doctors.

I understand you guys have good intentions, so I'm not taking any action other than a minor edit.

Just be careful and phrase things in a way that show how things worked for you.

Anyway, on topic - good luck FotF - don't give up.

It took me a long time but eventually i found the right combo of meds. Not sure how long you've been at it but hopefully you have faith in your doctors. If not, consider shopping around. It's your life.

For me, practicing mindfulness works well. For anxiety. And just general wellbeing.

So does Zopiclone, I call it "my 20 minute window" if I don't try and sleep within 20 minutes they don't work, they also used cause me mild hallucinations sometimes especially after uppers when I used to take 4-8 Zopiclone, but as I've built up a tolerance to them I don't get them mild hallucinations anymore, I really liked that though haha, but Zopiclone are a bitch to come off as was addicted to them for 3 months or so, not nice to withdraw from at all, take them occasionally now

I got prescribed Quetiapine once for my generalised anxiety disorder as told the doctor I want my head to shut up, but after a couple of days, maybe even a day I had side effects so quit strait away

I'm scared of tardive dyskinesia that's why I won't go on antipsycotics, I think all mood stabiliser can do that can't they? ab+nd the tics, jerks and grimaces and things can be permanent, don't think I need antipsycotics tbh, but my moods are up and down, depressed on minute a bit hyper the next, but I'm not sure if that's my meds going up and down and different ones, or if I might have traits of bipolar, like someone mentioned or maybe BPD, but just slight traits if at all

I just don't know anymore but all I do know is everything I've tried for anxiety, overthinking, worry and depression causes side effects, I've tried so many meds
lucky you were on it for days. loom at the withdrawel symptoms.. i tried stopping 2 weeks ago and on my 15th day i could barely move thank god i tried stopping during my vacation if somethin goes wrong i wont miss work.. gave up after 4 days and ive quit dope. its alot harder and lasts for over 500 days instead of 5... kill me nowwwwww

It's against this sub-forums rules to recommend people not take drugs, believe it or not, because we aren't doctors.

I understand you guys have good intentions, so I'm not taking any action other than a minor edit.

Just be careful and phrase things in a way that show how things worked for you.

Anyway, on topic - good luck FotF - don't give up.

It took me a long time but eventually i found the right combo of meds. Not sure how long you've been at it but hopefully you have faith in your doctors. If not, consider shopping around. It's your life.

For me, practicing mindfulness works well. For anxiety. And just general wellbeing.
sorry if it was me who broke the rules.it seems like youre well versed in this area. would tapering down to a less hire dose then maybe mid way switch to a less strong anti psychotic like seroquel, do you think it would take away my zyprexa withdrawals away? bc it was really easy for me to kick seroqel. before doing anything im going to talk with my doctor anyone but if you can indulge me that'd be great. just so i can have some type of lesson or experience on it bc i honestly dont think my psych is good. she just said ok when i told her i was going to stop taking the xyprexa, no warnings, no questions of why i wanted to get off, or how bad the withdrawals are going to be and how if you were psychoactive it can bring a relapse in alot of cases like if "jeff" has ptsd and hes all hallcinating. year ad a half off zyprexaugh no one can give a strait answer

sorry if it was me who broke the rules.it seems like youre well versed in this area. would tapering down to a less hire dose then maybe mid way switch to a less strong anti psychotic like seroquel, do you think it would take away my zyprexa withdrawals away? bc it was really easy for me to kick seroqel. before doing anything im going to talk with my doctor anyone but if you can indulge me that'd be great. just so i can have some type of lesson or experience on it bc i honestly dont think my psych is good. she just said ok when i told her i was going to stop taking the xyprexa, no warnings, no questions of why i wanted to get off, or how bad the withdrawals are going to be and how if you were psychoactive it can bring a relapse in alot of cases like if "jeff" has ptsd and hes all hallcinating. year ad a half off zyprexaugh no one can give a strait answer

Hmm.

Comimg off APs is well known to be difficult.

I am not sure adding an AP while withdrawing from an AP would do much, but i understand it's hard.

If i were you, I'd just continue with caution and keep in mind that it could take a while to get you dopamine receptors back to normal.

Hey.. At least you got addies abd vyvanse! I'm wicked jealous.

Anyway, on topic - good luck FotF - don't give up

What's FotF mean is that a member of short fir something as Google don't know lol

It took me a long time but eventually i found the right combo of meds. Not sure how long you've been at it but hopefully you have faith in your doctors. If not, consider shopping around. It's your life

Over 6 years 12 antidepressants, or more, propranolol, busperone, quitapine, hydroxazine, tramadol (yes for anxiety) worked a treat as it has SNRI qualitys as well as an opioid, I was only allowed 30 trams every 6 weeks, so I ending up getting them off my mates and online and got addicted to them, so I told my doctor not to give them me them again, but didn't say I was doing more than prescribed
I've also tried pregabalin, herbs like valerian, CBD, rescue remady etc, pukka bedtime tea, lavender pillow spray, a lavender eye pillow eye mask, I've lost count of what else, oh and benzos bought illegally and Oxy's for ten days 40mg-80mg yummy they was lol

FotF? It's you!

Okay, well, you are not a quitter i see.

I really do wish the best for you. IIRC you're a dancer? I have a soft spot for dancers. Bringing joy to the world and expression so bare through your animal body. Makes sense to me.

Sometimes it takes being associated with the right people, too. Do you have a good support network? Offline?

FotF? It's you!

Fucksake lol oh yeah so it is haha, durh

I really do wish the best for you. IIRC you're a dancer?

Aerial hoop, well I was but probably forgot the moves as its been a while since I had a go because my lessons got canceled

Do you have a good support network? Offline?

My bestie and my other friend but that's it, they don't know much about medication but both suffer from poor mental health but don't take medications, they do both drink though, smoke roll ups and fags, and smoke weed and do K etc

My bestie and my other friend but that's it, they don't know much about medication but both suffer from poor mental health but don't take medications, they do both drink though, smoke roll ups and fags, and smoke weed and do K etc

Okay. Just please continue to take your mental health seriously.

BL (Bluelight ;) ) is full of good people too.

I wonder if an SO (significant other) in your life is healthy ATM (at the moment)? Sometimes it's nice to have something outside yourself to live for.

At least, that's why I'm single and looking. Not only the motivation to succeed, but also the companionship to make the day to day easier.

Anyway not to poke and pry. Just things to think about.

I'm single, my ex was a fucking coke head, put me off men as he was a control freak and very manipulative, think I got a bit of PTSD from being with him

Jesus Christ :/

It happens. Totally not your fault. Probably just was searching for a light in his dark life and poured on the schooze for you. Not your fault to thing a good manipulator was being truthful.

Don't give up on that like you don't give up on your mental health. That said, take all the time you need.