• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shoplifting

^ That's ok. I'm sure with another few years under my belt I will also aquire this desireable attribute of being humourless too. :)

rm1x said:
My ex worked in a small store for a while and I used to go down to kee her company in the evenings when she was on a late shift. We both started to notice this one guy come in and nick stuff. At first we let it slide but it got to the point that he was'nt even being subtle about it so I confronted him outside one night. I was'nt aggressive or anything, i just asked him why he needed to pinch food. We ended up having a really long talk and I found out he was a heroin addict and most of his money went on smack.Now I don't condone what he was doing, but he was only stealing staples like bread, or some fruit just to eat. So we came to an agreement that if he needed something to eat just to ask us and we'd sort him out. He did this instead of stealing which I know is a hard thing to do if you have pride but is better for his karma in the long run.We would also pay for his food, so no loss occurred on behalf of the shop. Not that we told him that though.

There were however this scumbag couple that would come in at the busiest times of the evening and just brazenly take stuff as my ex could'nt really do anything as it was so busy. They did this numerous times and they got banned from the shop, which they did'nt take heed to and kept up their behaviour.The police got involved in their case as they had been abusive to my ex as well as other members of staff. I also found out where they lived as the police did'nt have too much to go on and the details were passed onto them.(plus they threatened my ex as she lived up the road from them)
They ended up getting done for shoplifting, had restraining orders placed on them and god knows what else.

Now stealing is wrong, period. But.... I think there is a difference between someone that takes staples to survive as opposed to little shits that steal ping pong balls and balloons. (god only knows what they intended to use them for)

Now this is the attitude that I'm going to applaud!! I wish more people had the heart and the decency to actually talk to the person first, rather than dob on them. Fair enough if that person has stolen from that shop 27 times or however much, but at least they got warned and with the second example banned before criminal charges were placed. This is how things should work IMO.

You see in my company unless a really really really nice manager catches them, then shoplifters don't get warned. Instead they get interrogated for hours in one of the offices by loss prevention, then once they've had their fun with that person the police get called. The shoplifter will get taken down to the police station and have criminal charges placed against them. It doesn't matter how much that person has stolen either, whether it's $1.00 worth of stock or $100, still they get charged.

I guess that's why I'm really against dobbing on people for shoplifting. If I see a kid shoplifting then I will probably tell them that it's not worth it as they get criminal charges placed against them, and it can prevent them from doing lots of things in life. 95% of the time that kid will listen to me, either that or the parent will come along and apologise profusely.

Aishas Star: Thanks for clarifying that, I understand where you're coming from now. We used to have to chase shoplifters too, well this guy in the company (I never worked with him) tried to hold down these kids and then afterwards the kids ended up suing the guy for medical costs. It's just too risky to do that unless there's proper training.

It depends who they are stealing from, if it's a family owned business I would think it's wrong but still would not actively say anything. If they are stealing from a large chain who make mega bucks who gives 2 shits if they lose something. I think people should steal more to slow down the economy.

Just one more thing. I'm willing to bet that at least 95% of the people who participated in this thread has stolen something at least once in their lives, even if it's been a lolly!!!!

good for all of u who would dob someone in.... i bet u wouldnt like it if someone u didnt know was to point out a mistake u made.... i know it would piss me right off.... nobody likes a dobber, and once a snitch always a snitch.... maybe its cool to dob where u guys live, but where i live u wont have too many friends if your always dropping people u dont even know in the shit..... mind your own business i reckon

/\/\ - if someone stole your pills and your mate saw who done it and didnt tell you who it was..... how you going to feel?

papermate said:
/\/\ - if someone stole your pills and your mate saw who done it and didnt tell you who it was..... how you going to feel?

zing.jpg

pekkie said:
Just one more thing. I'm willing to bet that at least 95% of the people who participated in this thread has stolen something at least once in their lives, even if it's been a lolly!!!!
lol I think that 95% also accounts for the entire population.. If not on purpose I bet people have stolen something unitentionally.
and who hasn't at least gotten the wrong change from someone and not gone back because it was in their favour...

Ok... now, now, now. Theft is not "GOOD" ok. Don't steal. It's just "NOT GOOD". Seriously, if you are in the position where you feel the need to steal... go and buy a gun and... NO DON'T. Fuck that. Steal to survive, because it's all a part of the "system", it's human instinct to steal if you are STARVING. But, since when did those in dire need of food put nice ties, shirts and shoes at the top of their list of priorities?

There are many different levels/classes of people in our society (R.I.P. Mr. Marx.), some people steal for the sheer "rush" of it... (like my step-dad at the footy, a guy that earns a more-than-comfortable amount of salary per year), then you have those that steal to feed the "leisure", or "bad-habits"... (selfishness, you'll wake up to yourself when it's too late), you have those of course... that steal in order to survive. Remember, "you don't eat, well... you don't shit, you don't shit!! YOU DIE!!"

There are some exceptions to the rule. Don't steal because you enjoy the "rush" (bloody step-dad). Don't steal to support your leisure. If you MUST, steal if you feel it's been a while you have taken a shit (due to malnourishment).

Breaking into Chemists for drugs and "Till money", uh-uh... that's "bad!!" Stealing that nice "ISEII MIAKE" after-shave, so you can smell nice for your next lay... Uh-Uhhhhh... selfish!! Pocketing that "John West" tuna so you and your loved ones can have a "Christmas Meal" in the ole' abandoned warehouse... now that's ok!! Just be sure to share.

Ohhhh... and if I saw someone steal a $150.00 tie, an Armani shirt, or an X-box game. You better be a fucking quick runner, because I'll tell ya one thing... you're in for a hell of a "marathon" if I'm chasing you. :)

I only understood the last paragraph in that.. but good on ya. maybe we should employ you at my store!

papermate said:

first of all, im not stupid enough to put my pills in a position where they can be stolen.... if u want my pills bad enough, u will have to fight me for them.... im not just letting someone take anything of mine

secondly, we arent talking about a friends store..... no shit if someone took something from a store my mate owned i would get in their face about it.... but we are talking about an absolute stranger.... 2 totally different things.... do u treat strangers exactly the same way u treat your friends? i highly doubt it

I used to be a supervisor franklins and every now and then a customer would tell me they'd seen somebody shoplifting. Usually it was after they'd left the store at which point i would be like "meh, not much i can do about it now". Once they're out of the store you can't chase them anyway.

As of a few months ago i found myself setting off alarms in almost every store i went into. It was quite disconcerting, as i had no idea what i was doing to cause it. I completely emptied my wallet out and still i was setting them off...the thing is, 90% of the time the staff didn't even bat an eyelid, i just walked out and that was that. Anyway i *finally* found out what was causing it, i had a magnetic security sticker stuck in one of the card slots in my wallet....must have been left there from when i bought it.

The security gates at the front of stores are more of a deterant than anything else.

originally posted by Aishas Star
Thats why we get in lost of trouble for missing stock, cause if it is stolen then we are deemed as not doing our job.
exactly . it is your job and nobody elses. at my work, i will sometimes do 800 transactions in a 6 hour period. some transactions may require me to give or recieve up to $50 000 at a time. if i give somebody too much change and my balance isnt exact at the end of the day, i am expected to pay this out of my own pocket. some people have had to pay up to $90 000 for a single fuck up. the customers that i deal with are the most dishonest muthafucka's ever and never tell me if i accidently give them $50 too much change in a momentarily lapse in concentration (fairly easy when you may handle $.5m in one day and are still expected to serve people faster than at mcdonalds). but if i even shortchange somebody 5 cents, they will be on my case like nothing else.

the only reason i give this example is because comparitively speaking, working in a clothes shop is a walk in the park, even if you are the manager. if your shop really thinks that stopping theft is your job (and not securities), then you must accept that and get on with it. there should be no passing of the buck on to the portion of society that are prepared to pick up your shortfall and become the low-life species known as a dibber dobber.

Most shops steal from people every day. Especially clothes shops. A pair of shoes is not really worth $200 ... they are scamming us. If you didnt know this, then you need to travel overseas to the factory. If you did know so, but still purchase said shoes, then you are being ripped-off.

in conclusion, i outright encourage people to steal as much and as often as they can.

Go Team Theft!

i hated those dibber dobbers in primary school. grrr.

Ok, in my eyes... if someone is willing to pay for something, no matter what it is. Or, no matter what the price is... once that transaction is made, that's it. It's a closed deal, in which YOU, the customer and He/She the Vendor both close the sale. It's a mutual agreement... and if you don't want to pay that price... go elsewhere, or go and live in the trees.

C'mon!! A business transaction (exchanging money for product) is not theft. People go into business for a reason, that very reason is to strive to make money, not to STEAL off their customers.

Now, if the clerk/owner directly goes up to the customer and bashes the shit out of him/her, leans over and steals that wallet... That's theft.

good point DM
I also like to haggle, it's my thing ;)

Is it really that old fashioned to believe you should only have what you are able to afford? What gives anyone the right to think they're 'entitled' to goods just because the retails shops jack up the prices? Sounds like a pretty piss weak justification to me.

And this whole 'dibber dobber' phrase that's being bandied around... does that apply for all situations? Like, if you saw someone being raped and could identify the assailant would you not go to the police because that would make you a 'snitch'? [I'm really loving these primary school words btw. Haven't been able to use them in a long time. 8)]

We could go on and on with the argument forever. What I call social responsiblity you call meddling. I just love how some people think they're above the law [and don't even bother pointing out that drug users are being hypocritical when they say that... it's a totally different situation]. I don't have a problem with people breaking the law as long as no one else has to deal with the consequences.

Last edited:
^ What gives some people the right to say, I'm rich, you're poor, work for me.

diegoblunt said:
exactly . it is your job and nobody elses.

What makes you think its only my job? Its not my fault if i haven't been trained right, its my employers responsibility to make sure that staff are trained according to their standards.
If they have unusually high standards then its not my fault. unfortunately i cant be everywhere at once.
If im only aloud to have 2 girls on during the day, ones helping a customer and im at the register, whos fault is it then if some lazy bitch decides its a perfect moment to grab some stuff. Is it my fault then. No, its not but i still get the blame for it.

Retail might not be the hardest job out there. From what you said it sounds like you work in a bank or something. So then you don't have to keep your eye on every single person coming into your shop. If i take my eye off one person they could very well pick up some stuff and walk out the door, its hard to watch everyone while your looking at a computer screen and counting money.
And its the same for me, if theres any money missing i have to dish it out of my own pocket too, but i haven't had to do that yet because im careful with what im doing.