• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Shooting. Can't hit I used to be a phlebotomist WTF?

ninePM

Greenlighter
Couldnt find a subforum for this? Anyays 1st post:

Some back ground back in the day I was a phlebotomist for a shortwhile studied microbiology pharmacology, so before replying I kind of know what I'm doing. So swim broke thier back and found the dose of oxycodone they get legally from their doc not working so started IVing it. After reading hundreds of posts please dont tell me that IVing pills is bad etc. Harm reduction is the goal.

So swim uses a fresh 26ga 1 cc needle in median cubital vein in arm. FYI the oxy pill is crushed and is prepared in a sterile single use 1cc of 0.9% saline solution @ STP (70'F) no heat, for 2 minutes then filtered twice until clear blue liquid remains (pills are blue) and it seems almost 99% of the pill is left behind after filtering.

Anyways as of today the veins just wont work. Tried different angles and the technique of creating a vacuum then waiting for the blood to rush back then injecting to make sure swims not SC the liquid. Now the veins never shoot back so swim has been injecting the solution after a few tries when it mixes with blood in the syringe into stomach fat tissue. (blood starts to clot and ruins vacuum effect in the needle). Back of the hand has visible veins but they roll. SWin is male in good shape not overweight, but does have think blood and on 81mg aspirin therapy. SWIM wants that little rush and the instant relief of the back pain.

Try a much smaller gauge--like a 29g or 30g insulin syringe.

Or if you want to get your hands use a 30g short tip, tie off and put your fingers over the end of the arm of a chair or edge of table at a 90 degree angle. That pretty much eliminates hand vein rolling as it makes them taut

Sounds like other than that you know the basics--creating a vacuum, etc. But just cause you get some blood in the solution doesn't mean you can't draw back and still see if you register. Just leave a little air pocket and you will definitely see if you are in. If you aren't getting a steady blood flow do NOT inject

Are you hydrated enough? Rolling veins used to drive me crazy - I used to chug down 40oz or so of water, and it always seemed to help 'plump up' my veins and keep them from rolling.

Gatorade and a steam shower and I guarantee you'll see veins. It's not about external, it's internal.
I only IV once to twice every few months. I never have an issue hitting, but friends do, so they try what I just advised, and it works wonders.
Heat and fluids for veins, cold packs when you miss and welt.

Get a fucking tourniquet and a smaller gauge needle. You were a phlebotomist why would you use a 26 gauge work?Also use your pits because if you aren't a big junkie there is the sweet spot!

Get a fucking tourniquet and a smaller gauge needle. You were a phlebotomist why would you use a 26 gauge work?Also use your pits because if you aren't a big junkie there is the sweet spot!

Obviously I use a tourniquet, the blue rubber ones from LabCorp. The smaller ga. are too thin to let the blood draw back, plus my veins are deeper in the arms then the length of the 30 ga. due to scar tissue. I have no problem seeing them they just won't shoot back. I thought dehydration as, well; I'll try drinking alot more, but don't think that will work.

What do you mean by the smaller gauge is too thin to let blood draw back? That doesn't make sense. I've used 31g when I was into shooting. Never had a problem with registering

And 30g has nothing to do with length. You can get 1/2" 30g...I have hit deep arm veins no problem. Heck I've even seen someone hit the femoral with one (albeit at a 90 degree angle). But I digress.

I'm just not understanding. If you have a lot of scar tissue then don't use that one. And as for seeing... Well, you don't have to see them to hit them. Some of the best ones you just feel that spongy feeling. There are many many available veins to hit.

But hydration is indeed important.

Obviously I use a tourniquet, the blue rubber ones from LabCorp. The smaller ga. are too thin to let the blood draw back, plus my veins are deeper in the arms then the length of the 30 ga. due to scar tissue. I have no problem seeing them they just won't shoot back. I thought dehydration as, well; I'll try drinking alot more, but don't think that will work.
Yeah,as you know the gauge has to do with needle thickness not length and you can get the shorts or long points. I know in most individuals hydration is important but I remember many times the only water I'd get in my body would be that 50 units going in with my dope,but I also have really good veins!

Experienced similar issue. Hydrating, moving your body (jogging in place or whatever for a few mins), etc. will obviously, as you know, help with bringing your veins fourth. However, the problem with injecting pills is if they are not properly filtered their fillers will damage, clog and ruin your veins almost instantaneously.

What method of filtering do you use? This is may possibly be your main issue. A wheel filter is by far (at least in my opinion) the most effective and safest method in filtering out majority, if not all of fillers depending on the pill. It highly reduces the amount of fillers a typical cotton or cigarette filter could not possibly filter matter how many times you tried to re-filter.

The risk of developing an abscess on injection site is of course always present with any IV usage but I have found that chances are much greater when a pill is not properly filtered, regardless of using all sterile equipment. Been there, done that and it's nasty.

What do you mean by the smaller gauge is too thin to let blood draw back? That doesn't make sense. I've used 31g when I was into shooting. Never had a problem with registering

And 30g has nothing to do with length. You can get 1/2" 30g...I have hit deep arm veins no problem. Heck I've even seen someone hit the femoral with one (albeit at a 90 degree angle). But I digress.

I'm just not understanding. If you have a lot of scar tissue then don't use that one. And as for seeing... Well, you don't have to see them to hit them. Some of the best ones you just feel that spongy feeling. There are many many available veins to hit.

But hydration is indeed important.

The blood is highly viscous; so when I have my blood drawn with a butterfly needle you can watch it have trouble filling the the flexible tube and slowly fill the test tube like it was gravy.

Best advice so far is hydration. What I don't get is two days ago I did a hit standing up at my doctors office in the waiting room when no one was looking total of 15 seconds to tie off wipe with alcohol and pull back and hit. Now its like I do three fresh needles and end up missing every time, but still feel pain relief, although no little rush. :( Trying to chug water. Best advice so far. And I know ga has nothing to with length ( obviously) but I don't exactly have access to a needle store, just a box of 25 and 26 X 5/8. Doig this on someone else is easy not so much on myself.

26 g is huge I can only hit big veins like the femoral with that , for smaller veins like the arms or just women you need 28 g and up

Eww omg no wonder you can't hit the same vein even with fresh tips cause you use 26 gauge wtf!! I've never even seen any junkie (I'm from southern Cali) ever use a 26 never even seen a 26 in person ... The 29s we get are huge to us were used to 30-31 from Walgreens

Eww omg no wonder you can't hit the same vein even with fresh tips cause you use 26 gauge wtf!! I've never even seen any junkie (I'm from southern Cali) ever use a 26 never even seen a 26 in person ... The 29s we get are huge to us were used to 30-31 from Walgreens
I don't know what gauge it was but I used a spore syringe(not to bright I know) when I was desperate for a rush and blood poured out of my arm,well duh guess I should've expected it. I did it in my pit nd am surprised my vein healed ,somehow I did get some dope up in there.