• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Share your artwork v. BL's got talent

This week my art has strangely started to sell.. more than ever before anyway.
Its definitely driving me to create and move more artworks :) My partner has also been frequently selling her artwork over the last 2 - 3 weeks.
If all goes to plan in the future, we will be pushing to involve ourselves in market stalls at festivals and stuff like this, selling our art together..
We'll see what happens.
Last night i sold a painting for $280. So unexpected :)

Self portrait update.

11990693_10155985347060487_1988392138828344376_n.jpg

11988305_10155985680100487_457538963388823698_n.jpg

Self portrait update.
NSFW:

11990693_10155985347060487_1988392138828344376_n.jpg

11988305_10155985680100487_457538963388823698_n.jpg
Many on here have some real talent. Neko: how long have you been drawing? Are you a professional? How many hours a day do you practice? I have some formal training and have worked on it for several years, but sadly, I still suck... Same goes for my photography skills.

Yes I am a professional artist now, I work full time as an Artist Prep is Disney World and been freelance graphic designing as well for years and I have sold numerous watercolors and drawings. But to be honest i'v been drawing since before I can remember, long since before I could wright and while learning to write, spell and even read were sorta a struggle for me as a kid(I'm dyslexic and dysgraphic so my spelling and handwriting both suck) I draw all the time growing up just for fun and to escape since I was very introverted as a kid.

I ended up going to an art collage after high school and now have a bachlors in fine art and masters in art education. And although I dont draw every day I do always do something art related every day as its a big part of my job, as an artist prep at disney I maintain all the figures and other artistic elements in the rides and around the parks. We mostly focus on the main figures though in the rides. I end up using alot of diff art skills because of it. A lot of painting and color matching, scultural stuff, furing figurings and sewing. Its a lot of fun though.

I tribute ink painting I did for Paris using an technique where you paint an image onto your watercolor paper with clean water and then drop straight ink into the water you just painted. I also made a video of me doing the second part of the ink dropping.

12208847_10156182747175487_2583799619234536128_n.j  pg

I'm a physicist by profession but I also produce abstract digital art that has various mathematical shapes and complex special effects in it. I'm also practicing making videos and I might even try to sell my products on videohive.net. Some people seem to be selling downloadable digital art on Etsy, but I'm not sure how much money you can make with that kind of a business.

I need a lot of software to produce my works, mainly Photoshop and Illustrator but also Wolfram Mathematica and Adobe After Effects.

Here's an abstract work that resulted from playing with parametric curves in Mathematica.

rose.jpg

In the recent months I've been getting into photography and photo editing. With the arrival of a new record that I was looking forward to for months, I decided to do this. After editing hundreds of photos, I've realized that my style is very vibrant, some would say over-saturated.

5cI0Z2r.jpg

I rarely draw faces so I thought I'd give it a shot using graphite. I also rarely use graphite, lol. She kinda resembles me, except she has an eyebrow piercing instead of a lip piercing.

W5BNBJ9.jpg

And then this one, I was gonna fill in the background but got lazy.

12764340_968817759875252_8349325605995578888_o.jpg

Last edited:
I put these on my blog too, but here's some artwork-been a while...

8f6a8134253249.56ca16c100e4a.jpg

Sick of Nature Valley Bars-Give Me death

dc76a334253249.56ca16a9cb9aa.jpg

Self Portrait- Post Homeless Haircutt

It'd be cool if there was a whole forum for visual artists, we got one for writing and music :/

What media did you use? You look kind of familiar too. Are you the guy who was working on a mfa degree at ucdavis a while ago?

@Sigmond- no, I only recently started really to use color (I'm red green color blind) but I started fucking around with paint markers and found that if I limit my pallet I can knock out some cool shit, I regret the passive aggressive decision to tell my ex to "keep my sketchbook" because it contained the largest volume of colored work I have ever done, I have some saved as pics I'll try and get on here. And thanks for the appreciation.

@socko-it's a ballpoint pen on cardboard, I really like using toned surfaces, and no, I'm not a college kid, I've only recently gotten off the street, if you were in Oakland CA recently you might have seen me panhandling, my signs were very 'over the top' to say the least, I wish I still had some of those to share.

""I like it. It looks like it should be hanging on somebody's wall. I just started painting/sketching as a hobby but even with good color vision, it never works out. Ironically, people have offered to buy my unfinished paintings if I sit on the street here and paint because I look remarkably like Van Gogh since I grew out a beard, lost weight from heroin, and dress like him.

Last edited: