Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Great day so far. Finally getting a break for a nice lunch out for a change.

second day of getting back into wim hof breathing technique, i do it before i have a quick cold shower (the hot water doesn't work anymore 0.o)

i love it because it reminds me of the feeling of inhaling nitrous, also i feel giddy with happiness because it releases dopamine/serotonin etc

I am not familiar with this technique. I will look it up. Now regarding cold showers I find it really uncomfortable, unless it's a very hot day but I would still start with warm water. :)

However, getting in a cold lake at once can be quite fun, especially if you are coming from a hot sauna. It's actually quite a "rush" to jump in icy cold water after some time in a hot sauna. I mean literally jump into a circle drilled in the ice in the middle of the winter. It makes you feel so good.

with wim hof you just inhale fully through your mouth, then exhale (also thru mouth) half of your lung capacity, then repeat this for 30 breaths, then exhale fully, wait until you need to breath... then inhale fully, pause until you need to exhale, and that is 1 cycle. best to do sitting down as you may feel light headed. this video is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNkpVr6oRWQ&

i have a technique for cold showers as well, i start with my extremities, feet/shins/thighs/hands/wrists/forearms/torso/back/head, all the while those body parts vigorously with my hands to help cleansing and stimulating some blood flow for some semblance of warmth. also doing yogic breath of fire while under the cold water, which is exhalations through the nose by using muscles around the lower abdomen to push towards the spine quite quickly, also helping generate heat and detoxify. after a minute it doesn't feel so harsh, i haven't got to that point though because i feel a sense of achievement just washing my whole body at this point.

theres actually a sauna at the house i'm staying at, will be fun to try a cold shower after being in there.

Sounds like a very healthy, relaxing exercise to do.

Happy to have finished my reports. Done for the day. %)

I broke down and bought cigarettes for the guys in detox here.
Feels good knowing that they have cigarettes atleast.

Does new office supply qualify as a positive thing of the day..? Definitely, so far..

Last edited:
Beautiful morning - rode my bike to the library - felt a sense of well-being and a sense of freedom. little things that can mean alot.

I gave a new pair of shoes to a guy in detox.(all he had to wear were shower shoes).

I decided to get clean start going back to meetings tomorrow. I tried to do this "chipping" thing and I'm just unhappy. I felt much better when I was clean and hitting up meetings.

If I had the money to afford it I would definitely have a habit again. It's time to get back on track.

^ Congrats fabruclondon! Great decision. :)

It's Friday, have had a great diner and I'm happy to be able rest from such a tough week.

Great sunshine day. Feeling rested. Will just relax today, watch some movies and relax.

Thanks! He wants to get sober. Actions speak louder than words but I've never heard him say those words. I'm very proud of him already. We've kind of been the black sheep of the family and we're ready to prove that our history of drug use/abuse does not make us bad people, nor does it define who we are

^ I agree, it doesn't define who we are. It makes us strong, struggling with all these battles every day. Too bad society in general, family included think of us as bad people who make dumb choices. I wish it was that simple. But I suppose they need us to feel good about themselves.

I agree, although I don't fault any of them for their closed-minded beliefs. It is what it is. But we are stronger and if I could go back and do it again, you know, I probably wouldn't change a damn thing ?

Yes! It is what it is and we won't change them.

Anyway, I'm having a Lasagna now, so hungry- and a slice of cake from someone's birthday.