• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Sexual Harrassment at work

i saw him today at work, for some reason he likes to come in when he's not working...kind of awkward he just patted my shoulder idk just awkward.

email him with a friendly request that he stop doing things like this because they make you feel uncomfortable. relate it to your reaction to the hug and kiss, and be sure to be professional in your writing. DO NOT give them any ammunition against you, like calling him any names or swearing or anything inappropriate. the purpose of the email is that it is on record that you have denied him your permission to approach you in this manner. if he has any brains he should immediately back off.

with it on record like this, no one can write off the complaint pleading to his ignorance.

as i said above i already told my managers and hiring manager. nothing is happening because of it.

hi oats, that post looks like spam to me. ignore it.

accidentally get supprised and stab him in the groin? or sue the franchise and retire. :?

He's being an alpha and doing what he wants... In other situations this would be a highly desirable trait. He's trying to slowly but surely wear you down... and it just might work.

The fact he touched you (Picked you up and kissed you!) brings this beyond the domain of employment law and into the realm of criminal law re: sexual assault or equivalent offense. Likely made more severe by you being under 18.

^true, but going in hard right away is not the ideal approach to these kinds of things. the best course for everyone is the lightest one that works. by taking the lightest options first, in the event that you succeed, you reduce time, a lot of expense and quite a bit of trauma that would inevitably result from going hard with the legal beagles. if the guy doesn't get a clue from such softer approaches, the fact that the victim attempted them will reflect well on her case should it be forced to go the harder route.

this simple truth lies at the heart of all disputes, no matter how petty or serious.

the side who forces the hard and more formal route will be essentially labelling themselves "the belligerent side", and this can apply to victims.

The fact he touched you (Picked you up and kissed you!) brings this beyond the domain of employment law and into the realm of criminal law re: sexual assault or equivalent offense. Likely made more severe by you being under 18.

What rangrz says is totally true and you need to point this fact out to your Boss.

I have worked in the waiting buissness before and theres been plenty of guys who flirts ALOT and the thing if if your let a guy start doing things like giving you hugs and being touchy feely with you, even if it seems innocent at first, he will want to push it further and further and further.

Not to say every guys who is sweet to you has creepy intentions, but if this is a coworker, and someone you have just met or dont consider them a good friend then we very careful to enforce your boundries from day one.

And I really encourage you to talk to your manager again and this time be firm and poin tout that you are feeling Harassed. Use that term exactly and tell them that sexual harassment is agian the law and if they dont do something about that employee then your going to report him to the cops.

Next thing that bothered me he told me he loved me one day and offered me treates like joints and drinks

I hate to say it but you can really use this to your favour when talking to management. Its a dirty game but fuck it, he started!

as a manager in the service industry, you have more than enough events to use as tools for your complaint to management

I would seek a manager immediately, if you want this to stop. if you become apathetic and don't do anything at all, this guy will take that as a sign of weakness and just push the envelope further

I would seek a manager immediately, if you want this to stop. if you become apathetic and don't do anything at all, this guy will take that as a sign of weakness and just push the envelope further

she already did - the manager doesn't care.

she should find another job, and i realize what that means in today's economy.

i'm kinda thinking about that, but i dont have actual proof or documents. she promoted me to waitress.

If this is a franchise, dont they have cameras all around the restaurant? Also, has anyone else seen the guy touch you the way you have explained to us?