• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Setting up

The TimeKeeper

Greenlighter
So thinking about starting a grow for myself because I keep getting robbed by fucking assholes. I will be growing 6 plants. Anyhow, I'm wondering what you growers think of this set-up:

- X-Stream Aeroponic Propagator 12 Site - for sprouting seeds and clones (http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_1551.html)

- Either going to use this for vegetative: IWS System 6 Pot (http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_3628.html)

- Or this: Autopot 6 Pot Kit (6mm pipe) (http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_4273.html)

Thinking the Autopot cause it's cheaper and I'm a first timer. I was told first timers shouldn't start with hydro.

- Ozinator (http://all-americanhydroponics.com/)

For the lighting, I'm thinking of using a 600W HPS plus a 400W MH for maximum growth. If that's over my budget, then I'll just stick to a 600w HPS. What would you guys recommend out of the products they have at progrow? Thinking I will use bat guano soil mixture if using autopot set-up. What's a recommended nutrient? I realize that's a bit strain dependent. I picked up a selection of seeds from Pick N' Mix. I'll come back later and list the strains I got when I have some more time. All suggestions are welcome and appreciated for anything else I might need in the meantime. I do realize that's not everything I will need. Just starting things off.

Sorry to not provide growing advice but:

If you've got "robbery" and "fucking assholes" in your life, a grow seems like a risky proposition.

the ebb n flow will yield you more herb in the long-term but that's an outrageous price for it. probably best to just go soil and DIY so you don't spend a lot and have a nice harvest then look into building your own hydroponic setup for cheap as you see how things develop. just don't mention it to anyone and avoid being seen around the house carrying pots and soil

For the lighting, I'm thinking of using a 600W HPS plus a 400W MH for maximum growth. .

If you are dealing with a confined space, i would reccomend the metal halide for veg stage. the spectrum is bluer? rather than red like the hps. any time i have used the HPS for vegging, it makes the plats stretch, all tall and lanky. not good.

Look up the aerogarden, its like a little aeroponics system for herbs that fits on your kitchen counter. the light on top is telescopic, so theres room to grow, and there are 6 sites.

Sorry to not provide growing advice but:

If you've got "robbery" and "fucking assholes" in your life, a grow seems like a risky proposition.

No, those would be random deals out on the street. Not to mention, on the other side of the city from where my house is located. But I appreciate your concern.

If you are dealing with a confined space, i would reccomend the metal halide for veg stage. the spectrum is bluer? rather than red like the hps. any time i have used the HPS for vegging, it makes the plats stretch, all tall and lanky. not good.

Look up the aerogarden, its like a little aeroponics system for herbs that fits on your kitchen counter. the light on top is telescopic, so theres room to grow, and there are 6 sites.

Would have a good sized room to grow, leaving about 4 ft. separating the wall from the plants. They will be in the center of the room. I will try for both MH and HPS. What yield can I expect per plant using just a 600w HPS? I have been told out of the two, it is better to have an HPS than A MH. I will look in to your aeroponics system, though I'm hoping to get everything from the same place to save on $. The Auto-pot system is to save on time.

if u havent already watch 'i grow chronic' by mr green or whatever. explains the whole process in a reasonable amount of detail

^^^ thats crazy. for some reason i think you get a wrose sentence or fine for growing hydro over soil. you do here anyeay so maybe growing from soil would be the better option for you either way.

Fortunately, I live in the blessed country of Canada. Though I happen to live in the most dangerous city, next to Toronto. Maybe it even beats Toronto - was for a while there (crime rate). Anyway, I have Greg Green's book "The Cannabis Grow Bible". This has been a great help, I recommend to all. I started this thread to mainly see what peoples opinions were on the Auto Pot over the Ebb & Flow. Thanks to all who have responded, but I think I will take this thread to one of the grow oriented forums. BL does not seem to be the place for this.