• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel Withdrawal Symptoms - Help

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
Meds:
10mg buspar daily
100mg lamictal daily
100mg seroquel nightly
40mg omeprazole daily
5mg diazepam every other night

To preface this I have a binge drinking problem on the weekends that I’ve been trying to lessen. I used to get shitfaced Friday-Sunday and occasionally on a Wednesday or Thursday (7-13 shots of tequila/vodka within a few hours). I have reached a point where I want to quit alcohol entirely for at least 1 month and only drink maybe 4-5 shots in a night a maximum of two times a month. I am aware that it is unwise to drink this much especially while taking all of these meds, it is my fault and problem that I want to work on.

On 12/24 I got really drunk to the point that I was having poisoning symptoms despite drinking less than I normally would so I skipped my seroquel & Valium dose that night. (I skip my nightly meds if I drink) The next day I was so out of it and nauseous (but couldn’t vomit) that I skipped my daily dose of everything in the morning and I forgot to take the seroquel the night of 12/25. I woke up today (12/26) and I’m still fairly nauseous but unable to throw up. I’ve also been really tired, groggy (forgetting words/tasks/thoughts moments after), have headaches, and can feel pressure in my head from increased blood flow.

After googling, these are mostly symptoms of withdrawal for missing seroquel doses, but I wanted to know if there’s anything I can do to ease the symptoms? I took my normal meds this morning and plan to take my Valium/seroquel again tonight. Do I just have to wait for everything to balance out tomorrow once the seroquel is back in my system like normal? Should I consult a doctor? (I use school insurance so I can’t speak with my psych nurse until near the 6th of January and the school health clinic is not open until then either).

Any help is appreciated and please don’t reiterate that I need to stop drinking, I am aware of the damage it does and how dangerous it can be with all of my meds.

So you taking this cocktail of medicines, have gotten really drunk and then you think you are having withdrawal symptoms?

So you taking these cocktail of medicines, have gotten really drunk and then you think you are having withdrawal symptoms?
I understand. I typically don’t have lasting symptoms or even hang overs after drinking. I’m not crazy concerned I just want to try to overcome the nausea for the time being. The primary symptoms I’m having supposedly occur frequently when seroquel is not taken regularly (it is not supposed to be missed). I’m aware it’s not safe that’s why I’m not going to drink for a while or possibly at all after this, I’m just looking for legitimate support/help right now from people who possibly have similar issues or experiences

Seroquel is a relatively short acting anti-psychotic. However 100 mg is a relatively small dose. When I took it I regularly missed doses, sometimes for up to 3 days in a row if I was fucking around with some other drug. I did not experience any withdrawal. But the giant cocktail of other stuff you are taking could easily make you feel like shit. It’s possible the seroquel was just walking how shitty the other stuff made you feel. It does a good job of masking stimulant comedowns which themselves have the symptoms of anti-psychotic withdrawal. Your problem here I think is booze not seroquel.