• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

seriously fucked up issue

I still don't understand WHY they think you're into kids.
Have you done something to make them think you're into kids?
If so, what?

I haven't seen your past posts.. and I don't know your history. However you are obviously under the care of a doctor to be on prescribed antipsychotics and other prescription meds. I think this is your first port of call. Ask your doctor about free counseling services in your area, or at the very least, phone a telephone counselor, like Lifeline or Samaritans and speak to them freely without fear of consequences, your call is anonymous unless you threaten to harm yourself or somebody else. ANY counselor you see has an obligation to respect your privacy by law.. and I suspect this may be what's behind your reluctance to seek professional help even more than financial considerations.

Depending on where you live - ie, innercity New York versus a smallminded redneck country town - you may have the rumourmill to blame, or just plain ignorance. Are you gay? That alone used to be sufficient for school teachers to lose their jobs due to public fear of the teacher being a sex offender. If not gay, have you had a girlfriend in recent times? I don't mean to insult you in any way, I'm just suggesting that depending on the dynamic of your situation you may well be persecuted due to fear and ignorance, and rumors you may not even be aware of in circulation. I wonder if there is anybody close to you that you could trust to be honest and frank if you asked their advice on this. Somebody who knows you, knows your work environment, your community, and may be able to shed some light on this for you. Perhaps even your doctor, if you feel you could talk to him or her.

I would also consider confronting the colleague you overheard talking about you. Explain that you heard what he said and ask him why he said it.. or if you think he would just deny it and make life difficult for you, perhaps speak to a third party - tell them what you overheard and ask their opinion and advice on what you should do, explaining that it upsets you, and that there isn't any truth in it.

I think it's entirely possible you're right. If you are NOT a paedophile, if you are NOT sexually attracted to minors, and if you have clearly heard other people on multiple occasions make reference to the allegations, you could well have a problem in your workplace as opposed to it being in your mind. That's not to say you aren't mentally ill, or haven't been.

Simply coming across as a bit 'strange' - be it start raving mad, or just a little eccentric - might be enough reason for people not to want you talking to their kids. But also I think our society has a lot to answer for in the way it's shaped our thinking. How many men would dash over to help a little girl who's fallen off a swing in a park, or is lost and crying. Many would be afraid to help and would leave it to a woman for obvious reason.

All of this said, it sounds as though you do need to steer well clear of ANY mind altering recreational drugs. They will only do you harm and your life will always be troubled by these sorts of situations. It's no way to live.

However, despite what mental illness issues you live with, it does seem as though you are currently in a better place than you have been in past. You are gainfully employed. You seem to acknowledge that mental illness is a strong factor in your life, and you don't seem to be protesting or denying - or even taking offense -at the suggestions of others that you seek professional help. Even your comment about not wanting to sue your employer and have him disadvantaged by what are your "inner demons" shows you have insight.

The thing about mental illness is that it can come and go, with flare-ups and periods of 'remission'. I'm presuming some of your past posts may have been written during times of extreme paranoia and in an acute state of mental illness. Without seeing you in person it would be impossible to know whether your current problem is as a result of illness, or whether you have a legitimate concern. Either way it needs to be addressed. I think it's brave of you to come forward with this, and I'm sorry that this is happening to you - whatever the cause.

Sorry so long winded! Good luck. x :)

so wtf, you guys think I'm a pedophile cuz I admit to being attracted to teenage girls? I love how its now more acceptable by society to be a homosexual or transgendered than it is to be a heterosexual thats attracted to TEENAGE girls. Not little kids.

nope... no one said that - you're on the paranoid defensive now...people purely asked WHY your boss would think such a thing. Maybe it was a joke, but you didn't take it right - if you're one of teh strange ones in the office, and there's a jock-like cameraderie amongst the fellas, this type of kidding about (albeit nasty as fuck) is commonplace - "oh him? he's a faggot...him? he likes kiddies!"

If these things were actually said instead of a figment of your imagination, then find out why.

I never said he did have much ground to stand on, never suggested it or even implied it...

I was simply pointing out that the idea one can't win in a lawsuit against his or her employer because he or she lives in an at-will state is ludicrously false.

EDIT: I just wouldn't want anyone to think that they can be discriminated against and fired and there's nothing they can do about it...

You're protected by what is in the constitution. For instance, you're protected from age discrimination but not something like (my recent issue) dying your hair pink. lol I was told by a lawyer that yes, they can discriminate based on my hair, but I might win if, let's say, I was there for 90 days, performed well and THEN dyed my hair pink. He said I might win.

It also depends on what you win. My dad, being the rogue guy that he is, decided one day to hire a crane service and rip a unit out of the roof of his customer's building. Totally rogue, and it was because the guy wouldn't pay him. Well, he was sued for several things including fraud and trespassing, but most of all hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages. His attorney kept telling him he should settle, because well, you'd think he'd lose, right? Well, the jury sides with the plaintiff and awards him $1 in damages. The jury later said that they'd be pissed as hell too if they were in my dad's position. It made the papers and all down here.

My point is just that yes, you can sue for anything including suing your employer for firing you (you never mentioned your circumstances, so I'm going blind on this one, but small claims is of course something small), but since the top of this one is a guy who admits to being a pedophile around a girl, suggesting that he sues tells me that you think he has a right to sue and would possibly win. I'd like to see someone sue me because I removed a pedophile from my office. I'd sell my house to bust that wide open and make it public that someone is suing me after I protected a child. Suing me is nothing compared to what some pedo can do to my kid.

so wtf, you guys think I'm a pedophile cuz I admit to being attracted to teenage girls? I love how its now more acceptable by society to be a homosexual or transgendered than it is to be a heterosexual thats attracted to TEENAGE girls. Not little kids.

nobody here thinks you're a pedophile.

I'm skeptical his boss and these people are even saying or thinking these things. It's amazing what the mind can trick you into thinking it hears when it's paranoid.

Then again it's a slippery slope. Thinking he's hearing these things will cause him to act awkward and uncomfortable around children which in turn may start to cause people to think what he thinks they think. 8(

I've personally never been in this situation before; however, I've consoled people with similiar situtations. The first thing I would do, as others suggested, is to talk to someone like a therapist / trained psychologist / psychiatrist. Once you've rooted out any kind of suspicion and paranoia and feel confident it's not you AND you have no mal intent, it wouldn't be far-fetched to approach someone who you feel comfortable talking to to get to the bottom of it (sorry for long sentence). The idea is to basically nip this in the but, so to speak, before it gets any worse. This is definately a situation that can become volatile... The idea is to handle as much as you can on your end (i.e. seeking professional help) if only to remedy the inner thoughts; then, confront a nuetral party. Otherwise, you may have to seek other employment. Good luck to you. I know these situations arise simply from rumors and god knows what. Stay strong and optimistic. We're here to listen.

Again, what I suggest would be to discuss this with a neutral party or a friend within the company. Perhaps they could go to bat for you and get to the bottom of it. If this isn't handled soon, it will only get worse - especially for you. This isn't the kind of environment you should be working in. Whether or not it's in your head or not, it can simply be resolved by asking questions as long as they aren't too invasive... Good luck to you. Stand strong and work the steps to resolution in this matter by simply asking questions...

You're protected by what is in the constitution.

You're protected by the constitution; You're protected by state laws and regulations; You're protected by OSHA; You're protected by those cases that have set precedent; And you're protected by a lot more than you think you are...

But enough of this, because we're detracting from the OP's thread...

In AUstralia its widely known that Americans can and do sue for anything!!!

I once read about a woman (American) who successfully sued a spa company on the basis that their spas made her sex crazy!! SHe was awarded a cool million bucks for her efforts! BUt c'mon, why do they think you are a pedophile?....
There must be something else your not saying, i think christbait.....

You're protected by the constitution; You're protected by state laws and regulations; You're protected by OSHA; You're protected by those cases that have set precedent; And you're protected by a lot more than you think you are...

But enough of this, because we're detracting from the OP's thread...

LMAO Well alrighty then.

I'm skeptical his boss and these people are even saying or thinking these things. It's amazing what the mind can trick you into thinking it hears when it's paranoid.

I'm thinking the same thing. I was actually arguing the point if it was reality, but I really don't think this is the reality.