• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Serious withdrawl symptons after 3 weeks.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi, I was wondering if anybody has suffered from Benzo withdrawl symptons (panic attacks, anxiety, tremors, palpatations, etc) from as little as 3 weeks use?

Was using 4 - 6mg Etizest/ Etizolam for ~ 3 weeks and stopped suddenly after 6mg dosage on the last day. I know should have tapered but I thought 3 weeks use would not affect me that greatly.

thanks.

Is this hell? If this is what 3 weeks use feels like then what about 3 years? I can't even comprehend.

You shouldn't have any more than rebound anxiety and minor symptoms for a few days after 3 weeks use. But everyone is different. I've used Klonopin for a month straight with very minor wd symptoms when coming off but the older you get and the more you've experienced various withdrawals it seems like the more likely you are to experience them with shorter durations of use.

You shouldn't have any more than rebound anxiety and minor symptoms for a few days after 3 weeks use. But everyone is different. I've used Klonopin for a month straight with very minor wd symptoms when coming off but the older you get and the more you've experienced various withdrawals it seems like the more likely you are to experience them with shorter durations of use.

That's what I was hoping as I've suffered plenty WD's before. This is honestly worse than the WD's from a 3 year Tramadol addiction. I certainly wasn't prepared for this. Just can't stop shaking and having minor panic attacks, normally i suffer little to no anxiety at all.

Don't know, but I smashed 10 mg of Valiums like they were going out of stock while I was in Pakistan for 1 month, no noticeable withdrawal, apart from the anxiety nothing that wasn't manageable. And they were directly on a script so, I knew they were good pure tablets. I would take 3/4 tablets in one go. But I needed them for medical reasons, for my panic attacks. And they worked wonders.

Perhaps rebound anxiety, after coming off that much of an anxiolytic state? I don't know, just putting it out there.

I'm sorry for what you're going through, I know how horrible it is. Benzos are fickle and insidious drugs. Personally I can use them for a few weeks and not have wds besides insomnia until I reach a tipping point and seemingly over the course of a couple doses/days full on WD is back. The lesson (which is so hard to learn) is to really REALLY limit ones use to like a week or two max. I'm currently on two weeks of daily use and I know if I don't stop NOW with a rapid taper shit will just get very bad very quickly.

You'll pull through. I know it's hard to hear when you're in bz WD, but I promise, everything is going to be ok.

I came off Klonopin too fast and had a seizure. That was in combo with Ambien. I blame the Ambien for it mostly, but I had been on Klonopin for a few years. I didn't abuse it, but that seizure was crazy. It cost me $2,000 in the ER.

Try taking Trazadone. That has helped me a lot. 50 mgs has helped me with insomnia and anxiety/emotional issues.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has suffered from Benzo withdrawl symptons (panic attacks, anxiety, tremors, palpatations, etc) from as little as 3 weeks use?

Yeah, I've always enjoyed benzos, but never been addicted. I did once buy a few bottles of xanax though and went through them in 3-4 weeks. Went through about 300 X 2mg tablets. for the next 2 weeks afterwards I felt awful/anxious - definitely very unpleasant.

there is a phenomenon called "the kindling effect". It basically means each time you withdrawal from a specific substance your withdrawals will come faster and be harder to manage. The best way to combat this is to taper at the end of every use.

It is why at the beginning of an benzo habit you don't feel so bad during withdrawal, maybe just a little rebound anxiety, but an old head going through withdrawal will be in for some severe trauma.

kindling effect due to benzo/alcohol abuse/ tolerance

there is a phenomenon called "the kindling effect". It basically means each time you withdrawal from a specific substance your withdrawals will come faster and be harder to manage. The best way to combat this is to taper at the end of every use.

It is why at the beginning of an benzo habit you don't feel so bad during withdrawal, maybe just a little rebound anxiety, but an old head going through withdrawal will be in for some severe trauma.

kindling effect due to benzo/alcohol abuse/ tolerance

I'm not exactly an old head in this world but with opioids I would WD every month or so when scripts ran out, etc. So, on average about 10- 12 WD's per year.

I just honestly didn't expect anything to be this bad from such short usage. Could the possibility of stopping a 4 - 6 week daily usage of Kratom have compounded its affects? Either way I'll be a lot smarter in my approach to both drugs in the future.

Thank you all :)

Also the fear of having another seizure absolutely terrifies me. The first one had more to do with Amitriptyline/ Tramadol & alcohol but I understand after your first episode you will become more susceptible to them in the future.

I just honestly didn't expect anything to be this bad from such short usage. Could the possibility of stopping a 4 - 6 week daily usage of Kratom have compounded its affects? :)

Ahem, I'm going to hazard a guess and say, YES, ceasing CT a 4-6wk daily Kratom run has compounded your Bz WD issue. I have limited kratom experience but quitting anything, even if it's chocolate, at the same time as you are ceasing a benzo run is just too unfair on the would be detoxer. Wait till you're past one detox before you embark on another, you want to give yourself the best chance you can.

I was foolish into thinking Kratom wouldn't cause me any withdrawals. A totally amateur mistake from someone who should know better.

Ahem, I'm going to hazard a guess and say, YES, ceasing CT a 4-6wk daily Kratom run has compounded your Bz WD issue. I have limited kratom experience but quitting anything, even if it's chocolate, at the same time as you are ceasing a benzo run is just too unfair on the would be detoxer. Wait till you're past one detox before you embark on another, you want to give yourself the best chance you can.

Good post. I'm currently tapering from 4mgs of klonopin (down to 3mg) and tapering from 3,200mgs of gabapentin (down to 400mg) and I just stopped a 3 month 60gram a day kratom habit...THe kratom wd in itself is a nightmare.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are having benzo withrawls. Just keep doing healthy things and you will slowly get better. Don't expect anything overnight though. IME benzo recovery is at a snails pace.

I can confirm it was 100% BZD withrawals. I've got 8mgs left of Etizest-1 and I'm going to slowly taper them off.

Surely that wouldn't be as bad as the jump to CT I've just gone through?

Is this hell? If this is what 3 weeks use feels like then what about 3 years? I can't even comprehend.
Oh by the way that thing people say about a 10% dose reduction is not what my detox did for me. I was on 1-3 mg of kpins everyday for 9 years and they started me on 4 x1mg Ativan and reduced in to nothing in 5 days. It was very difficult for the first month but they aren't gonna keep you in detox for 2 months because you not comfortable. That's what a 30 day program is for I guess . (Which I did)