• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Sensitivity to stimulants after overdoing it with Adderall

everythingisfine

Greenlighter
Hello, everyone. Though I just officially joined the community, Bluelight has been an invaluable resource throughout my years of drug use. I hope that readers of this post might share their knowledge or experience regarding my sudden inability to tolerate any stimulant after overdoing it with Adderall. For several months now, every few days, I have been orally ingesting around 210 MG of Adderall IR tablets over the course of 24 hours. I enjoyed a feeling a wellbeing and enthusiasm for conversation and projects without any unpleasant side effects.

About a week ago, after dosing more rapidly - ingesting around 210MG in 10 hours - I experienced a scary-fast heart beat, pressure in my chest and a tingling in my left hand. After this incident, I find that I can't tolerate any stimulant. Though I had a fairly high tolerance to Adderall, taking even just 30 MG makes my heart race uncomfortably and causes slight chest pains. More than a week later, even while on no other stimulants, the caffeine contained in one Coca-cola or the nicotine in one cigarette causes pressure in my chest and causes rapid heart beat.

Have any of you experienced a sensitivity or intolerance to stimulants days after overdoing it? I know that you can't make medical evaluations, but do you think what I am experiencing might be the result of a "strained" cardiovascular system? Do you think this will improve, allowing me to safely resume use of Adderall?

Thank you for your time and attention reading this post. I would appreciate any feedback.

Last edited:
You probably scared the shit*t out of your body. Like I almost died after taking fake acid and so if I took even a blotter with nothing in it I guarentee you my heart would go crazy and I'd prob start vomiting and feeling like I'm going to die.

Your brain is the most powerful drug if it thinks your doing something it has associated with danger it will over react because it's trying to make sure whatever happened doesn't happen again

Thanks for the reply. I did read the nerve-damage section of your guide. I noticed that you mentioned SSRIs and SNRIs. I take two antidepressants: Buproprion and Trintellix. What additional information would you like regarding my situation? If I did, in fact, burn a nerve, as you suggested, is there anything I can do to speed my recovery?

Thanks for the reply. I did read the nerve-damage section of your guide. I noticed that you mentioned SSRIs and SNRIs. I take two antidepressants: Buproprion and Trintellix. What additional information would you like regarding my situation? If I did, in fact, burn a nerve, as you suggested, is there anything I can do to speed my recovery?

Describe the negative sensations that you feel when you take 30mg of Adderall. Aside from chest pains and rapid heart beat, is there anything else? Did you do intense physical activity with your left arm during the binge? Because if that's all you feel there's no nerve damage. You burned yourself with adrenaline from combining high dose of Adderall and Buproprion.

Your heart is a muscle, similarly to how you can pull a muscle working out, if an excessive load is placed on your heart, some things can pull there too, you need to wait for the hypertrophy to happen. It can take a month, I don't know, but after your heart will be able to put up with a heavier load. It's bad practice to cause hypertrophy on your heart. You might have a bit of anxiety too but you're fine.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for you help! After overdoing it, taking even 30 MG is uncomfortable. As you are aware, my heart races and I experience some tightness in my chest and left shoulder area. At times, I might feel uneasy but its primarily physiological - a sensation of being too sped up. I had never felt like that even when taking 90 MG at once. And, no, I didn't do any intense physical activity with my left arm during the binge. It's all very troubling. And, of course, as I mentioned, I can't tolerate caffeine or nicotine, though I've been a daily user of both.

Thank you so much for you help! After overdoing it, taking even 30 MG is uncomfortable. As you are aware, my heart races and I experience some tightness in my chest and left shoulder area. At times, I might feel uneasy but its primarily physiological - a sensation of being too sped up. I had never felt like that even when taking 90 MG at once. And, no, I didn't do any intense physical activity with my left arm during the binge. It's all very troubling. And, of course, as I mentioned, I can't tolerate caffeine or nicotine, though I've been a daily user of both.

I think what's happening is that your heart is trying to become a bigger potato because you abused it with too much adrenaline and it feels inadequate, it's trying to keep up with your non-sense. You're lucky you have a strong heart. Take some omega 3, do some exercise and go to the ER if you have issues.

Isnt Wellbutrin a strong inhibitor of p450 cyp2d6 drastically altering the potency and duration of amphetamine

Strong inhibitor being one that causes at least a 5-fold increase in the plasma AUC values, or more than 80% decrease in clearance.[19]

Wellbutrin is a strong inhibitor of p450 cyp2d6
Dextroamphetamine is primarily metabolized via p450 cyp2d6

Isnt Wellbutrin a strong inhibitor of p450 cyp2d6 drastically altering the potency and duration of amphetamine

To some extend, I doubt it lowers Adderall effects too much but it might to some extend, ya, but it also acts as an amphetamine so, idk. Some users report that when welbutrin is added to their amphetamine medication, they notice no change, I guess it does inhibit some but it also acts as an amphetamine. The dude is fine, I think he's like a kid who lifted weights for the first time and the day after runs to his dad saying every-time he tries to lift the weights his arms hurt. Like he never experienced sore muscles he doesn't know what it is. He pulled his heart a bit, it needs time to undergo hypertrophy.

Thanks for the information. I find it reassuring that it might only be a case of a strained heart - something from which I will recover from. With that said, any other input would be welcome as well. I have certainly learned something from this experience. In the future, I'm going to be more conservative and treat my body with more respect.

Thanks for the information. I find it reassuring that it might only be a case of a strained heart - something from which I will recover from. With that said, any other input would be welcome as well. I have certainly learned something from this experience. In the future, I'm going to be more conservative and treat my body with more respect.

Are you sure it was over 200mg? That's the same dosage that caused Scott Stepp from Creed to make all those paranoid videos online about the CIA chasing him. I stopped at 57.2mg after a year of abuse and even that dosage kicked my ass. I'd say you'll be fine in the long run but you're very lucky you didn't end up in the hospital. You're basically eating Meth at that dosage.

Hi Tanner Blaze. Yes, it was 210 MG over the course of 10 hours. I do feel fortunate that I didn't require hospitalization and I continue to hope for a full recovery from the stress placed on my heart. It's been over a week and I'm still having trouble. But, of course, healing may take time. In the future, assuming I can tolerate stimulants, I will be much more discerning in my drug use.

It's good that you learned something, I'm not sure my comments will be this re-assuring the next time you overdose.

If anyone is interested, I thought I would follow up regarding my cardiovascular issues. Post Adderall overdose, I remain sensitive to caffeine and nicotine. I once was an all-day coffee drinker, but now, consumption of any more than one Diet Coke in 24 hours will induce heart palpations. Similarly, I have reduced my smoking, as exceeding more than a few cigarette will cause sharp chest pains in the center of my heart. However, after several weeks of abstinence, I resumed use of Adderall last night.

My tolerance has dramatically dropped and I only needed to take 15 MG (as opposed to an initial dose of 90 MG) to achieve enthusiasm, sociability and mild euphoria. As I redosed an additional 15 MG at two hours, then four, I did experience some slight (but passing) tightness in the chest but nothing alarming like the out-of-control, racing heart beat induced by the relatively small doses of Adderall just days after my overdose.

So, it seems that while I still can't tolerate nicotine or caffeine, I can once again enjoy Adderall. Perhaps, the explanation provided by the above posters here was correct - that I suffered little more than a "sprained" heart. Obviously, I'm still not fully recovered. But the fact that I can now take Adderall without serious consequence seems suggestive of healing. I'm going to keep my tolerance low and avoid dosages that might be anywhere near to producing another overdose.

Last edited:
I was thinking about seeing a cardiologist given my continuing (though improving) symptoms. But, I suppose my desire to be alright allowed me to convince myself that perhaps this wasn't really necessary; that, more time was all I needed.

But, I think you're right. I need to make an appointment.

kleinerkiffer, thanks for the advice. I've been living with heart pains and chest tightness for weeks, now. I know that we aren't aquatinted but your simple suggestion prompted me to take steps to ensure my health. I just got off the phone with the cardiologist's office. I made an appointment for tomorrow. If you're at all interested, after the appointment, I will post any findings conveyed to me by the doctor.