Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television sense8

Mysterie

Bluelight Crew
written & produced by the wachowskis

'The plot revolves around eight strangers from different parts of the world who suddenly become mentally and emotionally linked. The show aims to explore subjects that its writers felt science fiction shows, at least ostensibly, tend to ignore or skim through such as politics, identity, sexuality, gender and religion'

it is a netflix show im pretty sure.

everything about it i am in love with, wonderful acting, directing, story, characters.. just mwah :*

is anyone else watching this?? thoughts?

you may be on the fence after watching just 1 episode, buuut, i recommend watching at least 3 to see whether you will like the show.

if that isn't enough to entice you, one of the characters names is 'amanita'..

Just checked, yeah its on Netflix.. damm i love this service, im totally addicted and i'm sure it will be my eventual downfall. Will check it out. Cheers.

it's drug related too - the people are psychically connected to each other, but when one girl smokes DMT i think she actually teleports, but its hard to be sure. this is some COOL shit.

theres definitely some roots in spirituality and psychedelics, the ideas of separation and connectedness.

perceptions of the 'mentally ill', schizophrenia, something to lobotomise or respect?

im going to be so sad when i finish the season

all i can say is NOWNOWNOW it's the wachowski sibs + the guy who wrote babylon 5 (yes bad FX, excellent plot). dear lord buddha, in ep 5 the telepathic orgy.....whoa. that's what real sex drugs are like you idiot PnP methhead morons...yes!

I watched through the whole series, i enjoyed it. It felt a bit like Heroes 2.0 - some of the cinematography and acting was simply sensational. I did however have to skip every scene with Amanita and Noemi? because their characters were just infuriatingly irritating and cliche, i felt like there need to show affection to each other every couple of seconds kept detracting from the story.

Otherwise, really great show..

I watched through the whole series, i enjoyed it. It felt a bit like Heroes 2.0 - some of the cinematography and acting was simply sensational. I did however have to skip every scene with Amanita and Noemi? because their characters were just infuriatingly irritating and cliche, i felt like there need to show affection to each other every couple of seconds kept detracting from the story.

Otherwise, really great show..

I liked their loving moments, but that is probably because of my longing to have someone perfect for me.

I loved the show! But, I havent watched the last episode yet... I dont want to finish it until there is another season or else it is gonna feel like it is over and I'm guessing there is gonna be a huge clincher at the end that is gonna make me mad because I just can't guess what is gonna happen next.

My favorite character is Lito, because he just seems so cute and not very manly. At first I hated Dani until later on and I came to love all three of them. Also I came to love all the characters. Even Nomi at a normal level. I just didn't like her facial expressions and voice. Her voice does fit her past self though.

I just didn't like her facial expressions and voice. Her voice does fit her past self though.

Yeah she had no facial expression's, just one 'wide-eyed stunned' look throughout the entire show, and her voice was grating.. i really couldn't stand her character at all. But the rest were very endearing in their own ways.

I am definitely going to check this one out tomorrow as I have been scrolling past it on Netflix for weeks now looking for a good show to watch.

Another bluekightsr had spoken highly of this show as well in another thread.