• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Selfish and stupid

finallysovereign

Greenlighter
I found out yesterday a connect “friend” of mine has been stealing from me and ripping me off through literally every interaction we have had, and I’m equal parts pissed off and also very very sad for him.

This friend is in a rough patch- couch hopping because he doesn’t have his own place- and basically totally ruled by the demon of his addiction. I’ve helped where I can- will share when I have any, give him cigarettes, have given him a sleeping bag and pillow, food, what have you. All my other connects recently dried up as well, so I’ve exclusively been going through him to get my supplies, as he had told me that his connect didn’t like giving their number out to too many people. “Fair enough,” I thought, “that makes sense.” And I always throw him a hearty “thank you” bag for helping me to get the supplies that I need. When purchasing day before yesterday, I watched supplier hand him a bag before handing me mine, and so assumed he was taken care of on the thank you bag, and so I left and went on my merry way back home to go and get well.

Imagine my surprise then when a few hours later, DING goes my phone and I see a text from him that read this- “Dont even ask me to help u get anything anymore yo, that's the 3rr time now I go across town to help u out and don't get a kick down, smoke out or even a fuckin thank you ... Complete waste of my time for nothing” which is just blatantly untrue- I personally handed him the bag the two previous times and this time I watched them hand it to him. However, I had no way to contact them to verify what he had received- mayhaps he also exchanged money or services for said good? So I negated the previous two times through text, and said I’d have a little something set aside for him if he swung by in the morning.

However- my little head was a-churning, as last week I gave him $40 (my very last money that my withdrawing was had earned by cleaning a house, mind you, so it was some righteously and hard earned cash-) to go and pick me up something from someone who did not front under any circumstances. My friend had reached out to me to initiate said transaction (red flag I should have noticed right off the bat but I was desperate) and he said he’d be back in 30-40 minutes. I started feeling better just knowing that some relief was in sight, so I waited… and waited… and waited… and then started texting… calling… nothing. No response. My texts started getting more heated and pathetic and downright bitchy- but I had earned that $40 through COPIOUS amounts of withdrawal sweat and for him to take it while he had done. I thing to earn it- while I was still at work at my other job- with the worst parts of withdrawal shortly around the corner and three full days of work till the weekend AND by the way I have to move out of my apartment before Monday (this was Tuesday- so had less than a week to get out and into new place) for him to be aware of all of that and still just disappear? I was inconsolable.

Thank god, an old connect answered a call the next day and dropped by with their twice as expensive, half as good product, and fronted. But STILL. It’s the PRINCIPLE.

Then, on Friday, original friend reaches out. Says he got arrested. Had to drop my stuff (that he had apparently picked up prior to arrest.) he is so sorry. He is looking for cans to pay me back. Etc etc etc. He never did pay me back but we did arrange for one purchase on Friday, and then the aforementioned purchase in which he said I never said thank you/ etc.

What he did not know was I checked the jail roster religiously when he ghosted. Never saw his name there. Still- I tried to give benefit of the doubt. But then, after seeing him given a bag and him claiming I never thanked him- nah, fuck that, time to sleuth. Sent a cash app payment to supplier with my phone number asking them to text me. They did- I explained the situation- HE HAD BEEN TELLING THEM TO TAKE A FULL HALF OF WHAT I PURCHASED AND GIVE IT TO HIM EVERY SINGLE TIME. AND THEN GUILTING ME INTO GIVING HIM MORE. And beyond that- HE NEVER GOT ARRESTED. HE JUST TOOK OFF WITH MY MONEY.

Now I saw red.

I feel sorry and angry for you, that is so bullshit and that scumbag is really NOT your friend! Take care!

Don't feel so much for him. Or he may do this again. Or something similar. Zen.

I'm in limbo.

Yeah that sucks, man. I have some ability to relate in years past. These days I'm a bit off and sketchy myself.