• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Selegiline with Vyvanse - have I microdosed amphetamines?

The feelings are definitely like a crash but nowhere near when the comedown should be which is why I am asking if the selgeline could still be interacting with the vyvvanse after 11 days of stopping it?

Vitamin C will increase the rate amphetamine is expelled by you kidneys, that is probably a factor in the anticipated crash.

When should the comedown happen, OP? Come to think, when is yours happening?

OP said:
my vyvanse is working differently. When it wears off I feel dizzy, weak and irritable

i had a three day break, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

The effects I’m feeling areafter 2-3 hours well before the vyvanse wears off.

The feelings are definitely like a crash but nowhere near when the comedown should be

If you can fill me in on the differences in your use of comedown, crash and wear-off, that would also help.

I hear your complaint: "you are the online equivalent of a doctor who just reads from his guide book on medications without actually understanding or listening to the patient lol," and hopefully you can advise me on what is actually happening to you.

Meanwhile, I will accept your recognition of my authority, equivalent to a professional degree and years of residency, meeting strict state licensing standards. What I'd really like is this "guidebook on medications" that's more than a PDR and might answer what happens when you combine Vyvanse with methylphenidate. Not that you claim to have done so. Different threads.

phobos said:
Vitamin C will increase the rate amphetamine is expelled by you kidneys, that is probably a factor in the anticipated crash.

"Urinary pH" has a pretty big role in amphetamine elimination, the catch is, it's pretty hard to just eat things that will change it much, despite those crazy internet "alkalinizing diets". But I think mega doses of Vit. C will do it, and lots of phosphoric acid as found in all the dark-colored sodas (leaches calcium too, if anyone's interested in derailing.

On this side of the pond fizzy But C tables containing 20 1g are found for a fiver at every grocery store, I don't know what dose would be needed for a significant change in the rate of amphetamine elimination, but I feel a few grams on empty stomach will make my speed high last less. Could still be placebo/ tolerance though.

^ no you may be onto something. Subjectively a few grams of C also makes me feel 'flat' remarkably quickly, regardless of urinary pH.

However at a urinary pH of 6 to 6.5 (which 3-5g of C every few hours achieves for me - I check ;) ), you're excreting a fair bit of your serum level relatively 'fast', though not necessarily all that diffused into various tissues.

I can link you the papers if you'd like graphs? I love graphs.

There is of course the famous Tulane chart, with a link that has led a few people into thinking they should eat baking soda with their meth. They should not.

This chart could be re-titled, "Amph excretion is minimal in normal functioning kidneys, and dramatically increased during derangement".

I don't know what goes on in those little tubules, but amphs will be completely ionized at pH 7.5, same as at pH 4. So the reason given for the difference is bogus.

But whatever, why are we trying to excrete our stimulants? We're avoiding diet cokes as the supply dwindles, switching to economy mode.

I was seriously just two weeks ago pondering an A&W's phosphoric acid content, when I realized probably the biggest factor in maintaining normal urine pH is having enough water to dilute all that rhabdomyolysis ammoniac syrup in my bladder.

OK. Now I want to see what 28g of cacao every morning on toffee slabs does to urine pH.

Selegiline + Vyvanse sounds like the perfect recipe for a hypertensive crisis.

When should the comedown happen, OP? Come to think, when is yours happening?

If you can fill me in on the differences in your use of comedown, crash and wear-off, that would also help.

I hear your complaint: "you are the online equivalent of a doctor who just reads from his guide book on medications without actually understanding or listening to the patient lol," and hopefully you can advise me on what is actually happening to you.

Meanwhile, I will accept your recognition of my authority, equivalent to a professional degree and years of residency, meeting strict state licensing standards. What I'd really like is this "guidebook on medications" that's more than a PDR and might answer what happens when you combine Vyvanse with methylphenidate. Not that you claim to have done so. Different threads.

"Urinary pH" has a pretty big role in amphetamine elimination, the catch is, it's pretty hard to just eat things that will change it much, despite those crazy internet "alkalinizing diets". But I think mega doses of Vit. C will do it, and lots of phosphoric acid as found in all the dark-colored sodas (leaches calcium too, if anyone's interested in derailing.

youre right I wasn’t clear there. So you’re aware that Vyvanse is long-lasting? For me the benefits I feel wear off after 3-4 hours. The wakefulness lasts a good 14 hours so if I take an afternoon dose I suffer insomnia - seems fairly common if you search online. I never felt a crash when either it wore off or even any comedown in The evening. It can be bumpy throughout the day but what I felt were never feelings of dizziness and weakness like now. It is also noticeably different for me emotionally/mentally since the Selegeline dose, 14 days ago now. I am more negative, frustrated, grumpy and irritable. This feeling is oddly amplified when I have just eaten, or even drank water, or I am hungry which is making me think the selegeline is still have an impact in somebody way. This is not a case of me wanting or not wanting the selegline to be the reason, it isa case of me wanting to find the reason. It doesn’t appear to have been the vitamin c and those are the only two significant changes over the last two weeks.

however after taking the selegeline I have started to feel some negative effects during and after both when it is working and in the afternoon too. My head feels different, slightly dizzy, my body feels a bit weaker, it’s strange. I have cut the high doses of vit C in the evenings out over the last few days but even today 13 days after my single dose of selegeline, I’m getting this feeling I never had before that dose. It’s not working the same as it was before that does and I was on it 6 months previously.

so my question is very simple, it’s a yes or no answer. Could a single dose of 2.5mg Selegeline still be affecting my brain chemistry 13 days after taking it, in a way that could be affecting my results with vyvvanse? Yes or no?

Last edited:
My first thought is it's just another case of pre-diabetes. People who suffer mysterious conditions like to hypothesize and post their theories here about complex. thermo-dynamically impossible interactions between their various drugs and supplements as the source, and want to know which drugs they should add to the mix.

I briefly worked with a woman whose lunch every day was one of those giant Starbucks things with whipped cream--basically an extremely caffeinated ice cream sundae. She slurped that down at 11am, and then around 4pm every day she'd start bitching about a pounding headache, stomach aches, and low energy (better get another coffee drink!). She could not understand what was happening to her, and probably blamed it on gluten inhibiting CYP2D6.

For viewers at home, keep in mind these stims raise your blood sugar and suppress appetite, so you can double-crash when they wear off. The blood sugar rise in diabetics like me is substantial--as long as there's glycogen or muscle tissue to break down. So before you hypothesize mysterious workings of your brain receptors, consider re-working your lunchtime.

Now, back to OP, who remains unstuck in time, occupying all time qualifiers at once, always returning to the Dresden/selegiline firebombing.

Billy Pilgrim said:
to feel some negative effects during and after both when it is working and in the afternoon too.

Effects occur during AND after. When it is working, AND in the afternoon (but that's when you like it, that 3-4 hours in the afternoon), and it works for 14 hours, but you can't subtract 14 from your bedtime to avoid insomnia.

Kenny Rogers said:
I never felt a crash when either it wore off or even any comedown in The evening.

Thank you for clarifying the differences. Which one includes insomnia?

This feeling is oddly amplified when I have just eaten, or even drank water, or I am hungry

I'd say that is finally some evidence that a piece of selegilne really is still stuck in your brain, if only I knew how you felt when you're thirsty. Remember--acid pee is a problem, and you were taking megadoses--which are a full 10^12 greater than microdoses--of vitamin C. There's nothing in nature to explain a microdose having different effects than a normal dose, but megadoses (of megadoses--teradoses!) are well to know to cause new functionalities like death.

The critical period for ascorbic acidosis buildup is thirteen days. Fortunately we don't know exactly how long it's been. That gives us some protection from damage to your bladder.

My first thought is it's just another case of pre-diabetes. People who suffer mysterious conditions like to hypothesize and post their theories here about complex. thermo-dynamically impossible interactions between their various drugs and supplements as the source, and want to know which drugs they should add to the mix.

I briefly worked with a woman whose lunch every day was one of those giant Starbucks things with whipped cream--basically an extremely caffeinated ice cream sundae. She slurped that down at 11am, and then around 4pm every day she'd start bitching about a pounding headache, stomach aches, and low energy (better get another coffee drink!). She could not understand what was happening to her, and probably blamed it on gluten inhibiting CYP2D6.

For viewers at home, keep in mind these stims raise your blood sugar and suppress appetite, so you can double-crash when they wear off. The blood sugar rise in diabetics like me is substantial--as long as there's glycogen or muscle tissue to break down. So before you hypothesize mysterious workings of your brain receptors, consider re-working your lunchtime.

Now, back to OP, who remains unstuck in time, occupying all time qualifiers at once, always returning to the Dresden/selegiline firebombing.

Effects occur during AND after. When it is working, AND in the afternoon (but that's when you like it, that 3-4 hours in the afternoon), and it works for 14 hours, but you can't subtract 14 from your bedtime to avoid insomnia.

Thank you for clarifying the differences. Which one includes insomnia?

I'd say that is finally some evidence that a piece of selegilne really is still stuck in your brain, if only I knew how you felt when you're thirsty. Remember--acid pee is a problem, and you were taking megadoses--which are a full 10^12 greater than microdoses--of vitamin C. There's nothing in nature to explain a microdose having different effects than a normal dose, but megadoses (of megadoses--teradoses!) are well to know to cause new functionalities like death.

The critical period for ascorbic acidosis buildup is thirteen days. Fortunately we don't know exactly how long it's been. That gives us some protection from damage to your bladder.

come to think of it, when I’m thirsty is probably when this feeling is at its worst, with or without the vyvanse. It is not as bad as it was last week, but it’s still there.

i eat zero sugar drink zero caffeine, high protein and I’m definitetely not diabetic, doesn’t run in my family and I have no signs of it

Last edited: