Recruiting Seeking participants who have used psilocybin to treat a mental health condition for my dissertation study investigating how psilocybin works

PsilocybinResearcher

Greenlighter
Hi all,

My name is Dan Collins, and I’m a therapist and counseling psychology PhD student at Fordham University in New York. I'm conducting my dissertation research study to investigate the psychological processes behind how and why psilocybin helps with symptoms of various mental health disorders. I'm a long-time psychedelic advocate and hope to one day be able to legally incorporate psychedelic therapy into my practice. This study has received approval from the Institutional Review Board at Fordham University's Graduate School of Education (protocol #2522). The study began on 1/10/24 and I hope to finish recruitment by the end of Spring 2024, with a goal of completing the study in Fall 2024. It is a qualitative study that involves interviewing people who have used psilocybin to help with symptoms of a mental health condition and experienced improvement of their symptoms after using psilocybin. I am analyzing the interviews to find commonalities and understand the psychological processes that participants feel are responsible for their healing. The study is being conducted under the supervision of Dr. Merle Keitel.

For this study, I am interviewing people who 1) have a diagnosed mental health condition, 2) have used psilocybin in the past 6 months to treat symptoms of that condition, 3) have experienced improvement of their symptoms after using psilocybin, and 4) are at least 18 years old.

If eligible, you would be interviewed over Zoom for 1-2 hours about your experience of using psilocybin. The interview will be audio-recorded but all interviews will be kept confidential. There is no compensation offered for this study, but hopefully it is an exciting chance to contribute to a growing body of research on psilocybin and its therapeutic benefits.

Please email me at [email protected] or message me here on Bluelight to learn more and confirm your eligibility. My supervisor, Dr. Keitel, can be reached at [email protected].

Thanks and I hope to hear from you!