• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Seeking Medicine: Heart Opening Substances

Foreigner

Bluelighter
I wasn't sure of the best forum to post this in. It could go under philosophy and spirituality, any of the drug research sub-forums, or somewhere else... but I invite all of the communities to come respond!

I'm very ill again and I am reliant on mind-altering pain killers to stop the intense pain I have. Particularly, I am using opiates. Not very high doses, but I'm sensitive so I definitely feel them. I'm not the fondest of opiates. If anything, I have a history of favoring stimulants.

During the come up, I feel a real heart opening... like a desire to connect with every thing and every one. My inner wisdom seems to spring forth effortlessly. I can become a clear channel for my friends, family, and anyone or anything that deserves compassion. The world of possibilities seems to open up. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I feel like the best version of myself, but I feel a lot more clear about who I am and what I would like to do. Then the opiates wear off and, although the memory of the experience is still true, I am not feeling the heart buzz so much.

I know that I'm high and I know to not take it too seriously... like, don't get too attached or chase it. Even as I write this, I recognize some of the trappings of my own words, and the possibility of addiction.

At the same time, I feel that it is a difficult task to always do the tireless inner work of keeping my heart open. Sometimes I fail. Sometimes I have days where I am frankly just closed off completely. And I'm wondering, are there safe heart opening substances out there that can be taken at low doses regularly to keep this channel open?

For me, there is no bliss like the love of the heart center. It contains all the truth and well-being I would ever need. As long as my heart is in resonance, my attachments to life are not as dire. I don't worry about death so much and all its trappings. I don't go searching for a "supply" of love in others. I simply emanate it, and it feels like my own personal resource that is so good and wholesome. It is godly and infinite.

I'm not looking to blast my heart open here... but just have gentle openings. I want and need to make heart medicines central to my life, even if it's just a delicate tea I have ever morning.

Can anyone give some suggestions?

So I'm wondering... are there medicinal allies I could call on to facilitate this process? It could be pharmaceutical based or plant based, I am open. There are obvious ones like MDMA and the meth family, but you can't take those daily, nor would I want to. There are natural medicines like saffron, hawthorn, and some others.

5-meo dmt more serious spiritual seekers know this is the fastest way to open charkas seek truth and the oneness and the divine light. Very few people will hit this on the hour every hour or once a day for a week or two weeks straight but if you do you bring back alot of knowledge and energy changes.

Meditation.

There is nothing that will give you that feeling of “Oneness” and “Love” and having an “open heart” until you REALIZE that you already possess these things! Look to Jesus Christ.

Rose Quartz crystal will probably affect you

il_570xN.452214237_b8v5.jpg
(even looking at it)

At OP's request, I'm moving this to Other Drugs. Foreigner, if it doesn't get the replies you desire in there, I think PD might be the best fit.

Other than that, I've removed some unnecessarily aggressive/asshole comments. People have the right to ask questions like this without being harrassed. You don't have a monopoly on what is valid in spiritual practice.

Rose Quartz crystal will probably affect you

il_570xN.452214237_b8v5.jpg
(even looking at it)

You are right! Even looking at it did help! I have to get some of this!
Thank you!

You know OP I think what you are saying is the exact reason that so many love opiates.
They do seem to have a spiritual quality to them! They are the only drug that I ever have taken that has this heart opening effect.
You explained that well.
It just doesn’t last, that is the problem and then you are just left with a physical dependence to them.

7B5D3259-BC8F-4B79-85CD-999A103C8471.jpeg

Maybe a better word than "heart opening" is "empathogen". You're after psychic connectivity-promoters, not drugs that act to increase cardiac output.

Perhaps 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, psilocin or 4-AcO-DMT? Or MDAI, 5-IAI, some of the indane series? A lighter analog of MDMA like BDB, MDEA, Methylone? THC?

Unfortunately most people who initially find opioids make them feel like a better person are likely to be dissapointed by the revelations given on opioid drugs and can become dependant following the siren song of the mu-opioid receptor activation. So, be careful, and remember that the opioids are not providing any new enlightenment...

Last edited:
Opiates are a trap, take my word for that. They mimic endorphins, so you feel amazing, which allows you to drop your ego defenses and feel loving and benevolent. However, the feeling doesn't last, it does lead to real revelation, and much worse yet, it does lead to a soul-crushing addiction that will make however you felt before opiates seem like paradise.

Empathogenic substances, or psychedelic ones, are the only drugs I can think of that have ever led me to long-term positive perspective shifts of the type you are looking for.

Opiates are a trap, take my word for that. They mimic endorphins, so you feel amazing, which allows you to drop your ego defenses and feel loving and benevolent. However, the feeling doesn't last, it does lead to real revelation, and much worse yet, it does lead to a soul-crushing addiction that will make however you felt before opiates seem like paradise.

Empathogenic substances, or psychedelic ones, are the only drugs I can think of that have ever led me to long-term positive perspective shifts of the type you are looking for.

While you are totally right, I feel like the "love" factor from opiates are real. I mean, your brain literally can't distinguish the difference. The only time I can feel like what love probably feels to other people is when I'm on them. I'm not a socipath, but just emotionally lacking a bit. Not that I don't love my parents and friends at some points, it's just I'm not able to really feel it as well as an emotionally-guarded male. I'm not a bubbly dude without them. Alas, the feeling is short-lived but it does indeed feel so real. I want to connect with strangers when I'm on them--that doesn't even happen for me with alcohol. I remember a Ted talk explaining how the brain going through a breakup is a simliar endorphin withdrawal like when one withdraws from heroin. This would explain why breakups are so devastating to me.

Another vote for meditation here. I'm not saying it's instant, but it is much more permanent, and doesn't involve poisoning yourself.

I started meditating (without the slightest clue that that's what I was doing) when I was a teenager. I had an epiphany after a particularly hurtful and unjustified invective from a girl at school that I didn't even know. But my life story is a long one, and I'm sure you don't really want to hear it. :D
In some ways you are lucky to have found the love so easily without actually trying,* but it's a very unhealthy way.
The thing about love, is that you can't actually feel when someone loves you, but you can feel your own love. Sit comfortably or lie down and think about what you love the most, or if there isn't anything, imagine what would be in your perfect world, what would make you fall head over heels in love. Cultivate your heart to grow love.

Another thing that will help is ... not sure how to put this so that you won't dismiss it as cliche ... I don't know what you belief system is, but you clearly love that blissful feeling, so talk to it as though it's a person, ask it questions, and be open to answers from wherever they come from, whether your own imagination, in dreams, chance remarks overheard, or some stunningly appropriate program on the TV.
In a way, you have already asked the question, by starting this thread, maybe even my post will resonate with you, and be that answer. Seek and you will find. :)

*edited

Last edited: