Search issues megathread

Even a full site search for the word "under" (as well as "over") turns up no results. I'm going with your assertion that search is seriously broken. I'll see if someone can look at it.

The site index's have been rebuilt, let us know if better/worse/no change.

still fails to find the "under" (in the title) thread :(

alasdair

The engineers are looking into it, but it might be a safety function within the search engine to not include common words. For example, if someone searched for the word "and" imagine what it would do to the site finding all those hits. I don't know if the engine does have a list of non-searchable words for this purpose, or if we can edit such a list if it exists - but the engineers are working to find out what is possible. I just wanted to throw this in as a possible reason why 'under' ins't being found....that, or TFSE just plain sucks.

Searching by title doesn't seem to be working for me?

I think it's if I search for a few terms and/or use a *

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long a searchid is stored for in the system?

When you do a search, the results come back but the search query itself isn't stored, but a 'searchid' is.

For example the url looks like this:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/search.php?searchid=745371

Obviously that searchid relates to the results that I got, but can I use that link and searchid to refer to those search results in future? If so, how long does that searchid remain "active"?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I just found a related question: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=141955 which partially answers the question but still doesn't indicate how long until those results expire.

The search ID's are not kept for very long, I would need to check with the engineer but I think the search cache is flushed hourly.

Your link is dead already.

If you need to paste a link to a search you need to have the search defined in the URL like Frizz tried to explain. Similar instructions here:

How To Submit A Search Through The URL

Last edited: