Site Feedback Search Engine and Advanced Search

Winding Vines

Bluelighter
I miss the old search feature.

My search queries are always met with superfluous results, and (ostensibly) lacks the option to specify a forum. It was troubling when used nearly a verbatim thread title, from 2009, and am only humored with a myriad of nonsense.

I did attempt google's advanced search, but led me to the page the thread was on at one time (though still displayed a brief content preview )...

I'll abstain from objurgating malediction.

How can this salient concern be resolved?

Thank you.

Pardon me for not including these as well.

Quick Navigation is cumbersome as you can't just jump back to the forum you were viewing without scrolling through the list.([Go] buttons are nice)
Yes, I do realize go to top and click the forum hyperlink, but what is the honest purpose for so much toggling? I could hit a hot key to go back a page and hit refresh. I just prefer to click once and be done with it.

One more: what is the point of this redundant field above the forums and threads- restating what you are looking at.
Thread: Search Engine and Advanced Search

Stupid, in fact the entire field of Support Links/Other Links while one is viewing a specific thread (or even forum) is unnecessary.

Apologies, for adding two non-topic points of feedback.

Last edited:
The current search options take some getting used to, although I still prefer the old style.

If you use the advanced search on the top right corner of the forum, you can specify the search a lot more. Once in that search, your best bet is to switch the drop-down menu from search entire posts to search titles only.

If you click on the search single content type tab on the left before this, you can further specify the forum(s) in which you would like to search.

To go back to the forum you were just in, click 'top' and then click the forum name, it's just one click more and no scrolling through menus. As tommy said, to get more specified results, use the single content type option in the advanced search and by playing with those options, you should be able to find what you're looking for. I've never NOT been able to find something after the upgrade that I could find before.