Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SE QLD Wino's Meetup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great! :) Extra glasses are covered, got a few from the last time we went to Springbrook...
More the merrier we say! :) Will bring some nibbles also :)

Last edited:
Yay, I will be there, will see if T_T can come too. Oh, also, I will bring some glasses and munchy thingos.

Martha - am Briz girl unfortunately :(, would love to meet you! Pity Miss Kitten isn't here, she lives down the Coast.

Back to reading History of Disability. Joy.

taliana... hassle bk & we might be able to come down... was planning on goingdown the coast soon anyways (parent's have an apartment down there)

btw: which weekend were you talking abou? as long as it isn't this weekend... evil stocktake from hell :(

M

oh buggar to you guys, i get back the 6th :(

*glare*

actually with the amount of drinking I've been doing these holidays it's probably a good thing I'm not able to attend, I'll need to detox something fierce.

I'll be up for the next one tho =D I've got a red wine & gossip night with the divine Miss BK soon after I get back so the detox can't go on for all that long :)

Sunflower & Maxi - check PM's

Kitty: there's still the winery tour to go!

Originally posted by *sunflower*
Would like to come to this - but am shy :\

I was terrified and shy as well, and now they can't get rid of me! I don't know why I was scared, they all turned out to be the loveliest souls you could meet - couldn't have hoped for a more genuine bunch of people.

I dare say I will be popping in to the little gathering, smiley :)

Maxi- total bummer... :( Im coming up this weekend.

Im going to be at surfers sunday afternoon/evening if anyone wanted to meet up in surfers for coffee or whatever!!! :) Got my itinerary today... (staying a 10 minute walk from main part in surfers)

What about BK? gah to kitty being away! typical!!!

wicked!

I am looking forward to this =D

Don't forget to cover your wine labels and take the bottle foil tops off before you arrive, so we can have a proper wine tasting session and learn more about wines.

mmmm..... maybe we should post here our wine tasting report rating of 10 in the BL Wine Club thread on behalf of SE QLD BL'ers? 8)

Do we need to bring a esky of ice just in case Smiley's fridge gets full? I mean she only has one. :)

Cheers!

Looking forward to meet new faces.

Urbie the Wino :)

P.S. Dont forget to cover your wine bottle labels!!!!!

Yeah Tali - bad timing, pitty we can't catch up :(

you guys have fun, I expect a trip(?) report from each of you ;)

Don't worry PK, there's upcoming wine tour I am organising soon depends on the feedback from this meet up and hear their opinions and past exeriences and stuff like that.

I will make sure you are not left out ;)

Urbie :)

Yeah I know Sunflower, thats what Smiley wanted.... just speaking on her behalf :)

I am definitely up for the winery tour when it happens, can't make next weekend though as I have a cocktail/housewarming party to attend ;)

Urbanhog said:
Yeah why not, recently my mother and her partner went to a dinner party, where it was some sort of themed party, I forgot, but the condition to the party was you had to bring least 2 bottles one bottom priced ranged wine, but good enough, and other one top of the range, nice top notch wine (not "too expensive" but if you have the cash, feel free ;) ).

You had to cover the labels/take the labels off/bottle top foils off, and introduce your friends some sort of "blind" white tasting, and talk about the wine, learn more about the taste, armoa, guess what grape it is, what price range, good wine or crap etc etc.....

My parents told me they and her friends learnt a lot from that night, it's kinda like "sense training/wine tasting improvement course" because you are focused on your taste buds and smell. And they said it was interesting to compare how people "sense/smell" things differently, rather just reading the label statement "With nice plum, oak aftertaste.. blah blah" and people read that and "expect" that wine to be tasted to what the label said.

But the label cover/removal party "teaches" yourself more, and was interesting some liked the cheaper wines than the expensive.

Just a thought. :)

Urbie....

I just said I thought it was a good idea! Still do though. I hate to disappoint anyone, but I have no intention of having a house full of pissed strangers. Tipsy yes ;)

Okay.... I'm coming along to be sociable, but I'm not really a wine drinker (although I may be convinced to give it a go!).... however, I have a stash of red wine which needs to be consumed or needs to go to a new, loving home before I move - so I have decided to bring it along.

I have:

2 x 1999 Merlot Cabernet
2 x 1999 Merlot
2 x 1999 Shiraz Cebernet Sauvignon
1 x 2000 Cabernet Merlot
1 x 2001 Cabernet Merlot
2 x 2001 Shiraz Cabernet
2 x 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon

I have no idea what is drinkable and what is too old, as I'm not a wine buff.... but I will bring it along and what isn't drinkable can be thrown out.

What is drinkable, but not consumed, can be taken home by whoever would like to have it :)

- Kel

2 bottles of something up there belong to Urbie, I can't remember which ones specifically, but they were promised to him and he can grab them from me on the day!

Yay!

SE QLD Bluelight Wino's Meetup - Saturday, April 3, 2004

Where: My Place (PM me for details)
When: 4pm til whenever
What: bring a bottle of wine - preferably with labels rmoved so we can play some blind tasting. Nibbles will be provided, good humour is mandatory!
Who:
confirmed...
Mr. & Mrs. Fish
Mr. & Mrs. Samahdi
Urbanhog
FoxyKel

Unconfirmed...
Maxi & Blue Kitten

Looking forward to this! If anyone had any queries or suggestions, just let Urbie or I know.

:)Smiley

Sorry guys - have decided to go to Sydney next weekend to visit boy. He is still in the midst of work exams but miss him. I feel bad but ... well .... you know!

:( :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.