• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Sci-Fi and Post-Apocalyptic etc. movies

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Just finished with binge-watching the third season of Final Space and looking for some good stuff. Somehow I seem to have seen most of the more known sci-fi stuff, like Helix, The Rain, Alien/Predator & Prometheus, Rick & Morty, the Matrix trilogy, Stargate, some weird Netflix stuff like one with teens stuck in a time loop, will name more as I remember them.

Anybody having a decent recommendation for me? I love spaceships, advanced technology, post-apocalyptic stuff, also don't mind a good humor of course.. :)

The Book of Eli
Babylon 5 (not a movie but best sci-fi series of all time)
Solaris (both versions)
Ex Machina
Mad Max movies

There's lots. I'm just thinking of my dvd/bluray collection, if I walked over and looked I've got a shit ton of sci-fi.

Think that I've seen The Book of Eli, Babylon 5 of course heard of but not yet seen; the remaining seem to be new, thanks!

What I love most somehow are movies with a dark touch to them, like dirty ships, zombies/aliens etc. Remember another one whose name I forgot, it was about a future in which the sun burned out almost all life and people need to hide in the shadows. Oh, 12 monkeys (both movie + series) and somehow travelers were nice too.

OOOOooohhh, A Boy and His Dog! Probably one of the best, fucking way out there, post-apocalyptic films I've seen. Brace for something strange and unique if you watch that one.

Pandorum - a good sci-fi horror creature feature. Ben Foster at his hunky best and Dennis Quaid reminding people that Dennis Quaid was a thing.

Buckaroo Banzai - probably the greatest "contemporary" sci-fi film ever made. I put contemporary in quotes because it's an 80's movie that is more 80's than a movie trying to lampoon 80's movies. But it's so goddamn good.

Not really into sci-fi movies but War of the Worlds remake with Tom Cruise was on TV the other night..... hadn't planned on it but ended up watching all of it & thought it was pretty good

On Netflix
Sisyphus ( ( Korean - reall good)
Nightflyers ( good)
Another Life !!
The Old Guard

amozon :
The expanse !!!
John Carter ( I like it )
Jupiter Rising ( again I like it ) a little weed and. : All is well
All three RIDICK MOVIES !!

the first three alien movies, the rest is not that great-

Apple TV has just released the first few episodes of their adaptation of Arthur C Clarke’s book ‘Colony’. After the first 3 episodes I think it may be the most epic science fiction ever made.

Also 2 from the old SYFI channel:
Dark Matter
Kill Joys
both well worth a watch in the Dark :)

Not so post-apocalyptic exactly but definitely sci-fi, I'm enjoying the show "Sense8" on netflix about 8 people from different parts of the world who have psychic abilities and are able to read eachothers minds and experience eachother's experiences. Obviously they are being hunted and must band together to fight their common enemy etc.

I enjoyed that one episode of the Netflix show Black Mirror called “Hated in the Nation”. It’s an hour and a half long so I think it counts as a movie...it’s a murder mystery/noir story but set in a near-future sci-fi kind of setting

Not so post-apocalyptic exactly but definitely sci-fi, I'm enjoying the show "Sense8" on netflix about 8 people from different parts of the world who have psychic abilities and are able to read eachothers minds and experience eachother's experiences. Obviously they are being hunted and must band together to fight their common enemy etc.
That description reminds me of the ABC show Heroes when it first came out in 2006 I believe. The character development and soundtrack were mesmerizing. More like pre-apocalyptic but sci-fi nonetheless.

Just finished with binge-watching the third season of Final Space and looking for some good stuff. Somehow I seem to have seen most of the more known sci-fi stuff, like Helix, The Rain, Alien/Predator & Prometheus, Rick & Morty, the Matrix trilogy, Stargate, some weird Netflix stuff like one with teens stuck in a time loop, will name more as I remember them.

Anybody having a decent recommendation for me? I love spaceships, advanced technology, post-apocalyptic stuff, also don't mind a good humor of course.. :)
I'm a huge fan of the the Matrix trilogy with Animatrix. Can't wait for Matrix: Resurrections to come out in December.