• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Saudi Arabia executes people over drugs while its princes are caught with tonsofdrugs

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Saudi Arabia executes people over drugs while its princes are caught with tons of drugs at the airport
BEN NORTON
OCT 27, 2015

The Saudi monarchy executes someone over drugs every four days while princes smuggle tons and hold decadent parties

Saudi prince Abdel Mohsen bin Walid bin Abdulaziz was caught in an airport in Lebanon on Monday with over two tons of drugs.

Lebanese security found 40 suitcases full of more than 4,000 pounds of amphetamine pills and cocaine on the prince’s private plane, which was on its way to Saudi capital city Riyadh. A security source told AFP that this was the largest smuggling operation ever foiled by Beirut International Airport security.

While this may seem like just another case of rich and powerful aristocrats going wild, the implications of this drug bust are much more insidious: In Saudi Arabia, people are executed over drugs. And not rarely — several times a month, on average.

In fact, just hours after the Saudi prince was caught with thousands of pounds of drugs, a Pakistani drug smuggler was executed by the Saudi government.

Roughly half (47 percent) of people executed in Saudi Arabia are killed for drug-related offenses, according to Amnesty International. From August 2014 to August 2015, Amnesty documented 175 Saudi executions, an average of one every two days.

Every four days then, on average, the Saudi government executes someone for drug-related offenses — while its own princes are caught in airports with tons of drugs.

Although an extremist theocratic absolute monarchy in which women are not granted equal rights, Saudi Arabia — which has the world’s second-largest proven oil reserves — is a close Western ally.

When the Saudi regime was appointed to be the head of a U.N. Human Rights Council panel last month, the U.S. State Department said it “welcomed” the news, happily adding “we’re close allies.”

The Saudi regime officially has the world’s third-highest execution rate, after China and Iran. Yet China has almost 50 times more people, and Iran’s population is roughly three times that of Saudi Arabia.

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/27/sau...are_caught_with_tons_of_drugs_at_the_airport/

The Saudi royals are scum. They export extremist Wahhabi ideology worldwide like a cancer and Saudi Arabia is probably one of the most despotic authoritarian regimes on the planet.

Honestly being hypocrites is the least of their faults

the article didn't state, what happened to said prince? but I guess he wasn't arrested or something 8)

fucking disgusting

the article didn't state, what happened to said prince? but I guess he wasn't arrested or something 8)

fucking disgusting

Nah most likely law enforcement's still calling him "your highness" while he makes logistical and financial "arrangements" to board another flight home without so much as a blemish on his crude-oiled Polytetrafluoroethylene ('Teflon') sheen. A couple of his assistants probably were forced to assist with their lives by accepting full responsibility for all that 'evil' substance which may alter chemicals in the brain upon consumption (oh the horror!).

In other words, chances are he didn't get his phone call, but rather an entire switchboard and a bucket of calling cards. The double standards are nauseating to behold.

Lebanon charges Saudi prince over two tonne drug haul

Lebanese authorities have charged a Saudi prince and nine others with drug trafficking, a week after they were caught in a record drug bust, a judicial source says.

Saudi prince Abdel Mohsen Bin Walid Bin Abdulaziz and four others were detained by airport security on October 26 after nearly two tonnes of Captagon capsules and cocaine were found waiting to be loaded onto their private plane at Beirut airport.

A public prosecutor "has charged 10 people, including five arrested individuals - a Saudi prince and Saudi nationals... with smuggling and selling the drug Captagon," the judicial source told AFP on Monday.

Five individuals still at large were included in the charges, including three Lebanese and two Saudi nationals, the source added.

Captagon is the brand name for the amphetamine phenethylline, a synthetic stimulant.

The banned drug is consumed mainly in the Middle East and has reportedly been widely used by fighters in Syria.

According to the judicial source, the case has been transferred to an investigative judge.

The drug bust was "the largest one that has been foiled through the Beirut International Airport," a security source told AFP last week on condition of anonymity.

Saudi Arabia's large royal family has had past run-ins with authorities in various countries.

In September, a Saudi prince was arrested in Los Angeles for allegedly trying to force a woman to perform oral sex on him at a Beverly Hills mansion.

But authorities decided not to pursue the charge, citing a lack of evidence.

In 2013, a Saudi princess was accused in Los Angeles of enslaving a Kenyan woman as a housemaid, but the charges were also eventually dropped.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/...s-saudi-prince-over-drugs#ypdxrdTJuhg9U2yC.99

Lebanon charges Saudi prince over two tonne drug haul

Lebanese authorities have charged a Saudi prince and nine others with drug trafficking, a week after they were caught in a record drug bust, a judicial source says.

Saudi prince Abdel Mohsen Bin Walid Bin Abdulaziz and four others were detained by airport security on October 26 after nearly two tonnes of Captagon capsules and cocaine were found waiting to be loaded onto their private plane at Beirut airport.

A public prosecutor "has charged 10 people, including five arrested individuals - a Saudi prince and Saudi nationals... with smuggling and selling the drug Captagon," the judicial source told AFP on Monday.

Five individuals still at large were included in the charges, including three Lebanese and two Saudi nationals, the source added.

Captagon is the brand name for the amphetamine phenethylline, a synthetic stimulant.

The banned drug is consumed mainly in the Middle East and has reportedly been widely used by fighters in Syria.

According to the judicial source, the case has been transferred to an investigative judge.

The drug bust was "the largest one that has been foiled through the Beirut International Airport," a security source told AFP last week on condition of anonymity.

Apologies in advance if I'm blatantly prejudiced about this incident, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that a considerable financial arrangement has already been made to allow the prince to resume his morally questionable existence as if nothing morally questionable ever happened.

Saudi Arabia's large royal family has had past run-ins with authorities in various countries.

In September, a Saudi prince was arrested in Los Angeles for allegedly trying to force a woman to perform oral sex on him at a Beverly Hills mansion.

But authorities decided not to pursue the charge, citing a lack of evidence.

In 2013, a Saudi princess was accused in Los Angeles of enslaving a Kenyan woman as a housemaid, but the charges were also eventually dropped.

Members of the Saudi royal family appear to be generally treated by the U.S. government like Wall St. Execs: not even a slap on their wrists, but rather, an on demand handjob, and an above the law compensation.

Yeah...

I will never go to Asia

I will never go to Middle East

My fear of being falsely accused of some drug bullshit, or accidentally agreeing to smoke a joint while a little tipsy and being executed is too much, fucking anxiety, one of my biggest fears is being falsely accused of something terrible here in the USA like rape or murder and being locked up for decades.

Talk about going medieval on drug folk

Yet humans and animal rights there are literally centuries "behind" the USA and EU. And genocides/mass murders/religious wars are rarely, if ever punished

Kill people, cool. Get them high, you're fucked, buddy.

Yea asia and the middle East for travel while doing drugs is taking your life in your hands. I always thought how horrible it would be if some crooked airport worker sticks like 5 kilos of smack in my bag and the dogs sniff it out. That quantity is probably a death sentence in a bunch of those countries...now of you have lots of money and connection or you happen to be a member of the saudi royal family then it seems to be a little different lol.

on the flip side millions and millions of people go there on holidays and have no issues at all. I've heard of over 10 different friends going to Sth east Asia and having no problems at all, including using some drugs in Cambodia. I've been to Indonesia many times and never had any serious issues. If you can't stay away from illegal drugs while on a few weeks holiday then yeah maybe give the places a miss, but there are some majorly nice places and just because some people get themselves in serious shit I wouldnt not go there because of that.

If you are a cluey person then I highly doubt some random person is going to slip 5 kilos of ice in ya luggage =D

When the Saudi regime was appointed to be the head of a U.N. Human Rights Council panel last month, the U.S. State Department said it “welcomed” the news, happily adding “we’re close allies.”

This made me spit coffee on my screen. WTF! Money has now become worth more than people to the west.

I would love to see that saudi prince beheaded....however I bet they will just make him watch a beheading "so he learns a lesson"