Which do you prefer?

• Sativa

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Indica

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
But easy to get the seeds if you do want to grow them.

I wouldn't say easy, personally. I don't know of any dispensary around here that regularly caries any pure sativas or indicas- either seed or clone.. That is including one of the biggest, Oakland's harborside.

It depends on what you're doing. For chilling with a couple friends and watching stupid funny videos and stuff Indica is really awesome, everyone's just blazed, can't get off the couch, eating cheetos and whatever and then you sleep good afterwards. But if you're with more than a few friends, or you're going out or partying or something, then sativa is probably better.

have you grown it?
Most of my growing was indoors, and I have grown a pure indica indoors, Hindu Kush. However, Sativas generally grow better outside because most indoor grows have height restrictions and/or light issues due to stretching. My only two outdoor grows were mostly experiments that went well, but I never got a chance to try growing a pure sativa like DP.

Growing sativa outdoors can be challenging for stealth growers because of how easily they are spotted, so again they get a bad rep. Sativas got the bad deal just because they are easily spotted and difficult to control imo.

Even growing something like Super Silver Haze was a challenge indoors because of the height issues. Indicas generally have a smaller height, making them more ideal for growing indoors or even for stealth growing.

CBD strains were just gaining popularity when I was growing so I never got a chance to see how those grow, but I did notice a certain smell CBD strains have. It's spicy or musky.

Most of what is grown indoors around here seems to be indica-dominant hybrid autoflower strains

Most of my growing was indoors, and I have grown a pure indica indoors, Hindu Kush. However, Sativas generally grow better outside because most indoor grows have height restrictions and/or light issues due to stretching. My only two outdoor grows were mostly experiments that went well, but I never got a chance to try growing a pure sativa like DP.

Growing sativa outdoors can be challenging for stealth growers because of how easily they are spotted, so again they get a bad rep. Sativas got the bad deal just because they are easily spotted and difficult to control imo.

Even growing something like Super Silver Haze was a challenge indoors because of the height issues. Indicas generally have a smaller height, making them more ideal for growing indoors or even for stealth growing.

CBD strains were just gaining popularity when I was growing so I never got a chance to see how those grow, but I did notice a certain smell CBD strains have. It's spicy or musky.

exactly why they are not preferred and thus a rarity in the cannabis world. Many people experience bigger problems than the ones you mentioned as well, things like mold and pest problems are much more common with pure sativa or indica.

Most of what is grown indoors around here seems to be indica-dominant hybrid autoflower strains
That makes sense because Alaska has odd hours of sunlight.

Autoflower seems to work better in some geographical areas like Alaska.

Many people experience bigger problems than the ones you mentioned as well, things like mold and pest problems are much more common with pure sativa or indica.
I would think problems like mold would be more specific to the region it's grown in.

For example, the west coast growers have to deal with a lot of mold being in a humid area, whereas here in Colorado it's dry so if you see mold it's because you fucked up. That makes growing easy, but it's a trade off. Because it's so dry here we get more spider mites. So pests are also are specific to geographical areas.

lol... it's not though. Some strains are more resistant and others are not...

high humidity doesn't help but anyone growing indoors or green house with any level of sophistication is controlling humidity levels. Also humidity only really becomes a problem mid to late into flower typically. With proper circulation, well manicured plants, and a high resistant strain humidity isn't a problem necessarily.

You could make the same argument for pure the sativas and indicas you believe to have a low resistance.

"With proper circulation, well manicured plants, and a proper geographical region, a high resistant strain is not necessary."

In all reality the majority of growers I hear complaining about mold are from california.

I've not heard one complaint here in Colorado about mold...

Right because only california and colorado grow weed?

I don't know what you are trying to get at or by what logic you are getting there. I can promise you anyone running a decent sized grow indoors or green house will have humidity control... regardless of location. Outdoor will always be subject to more pest and mold problems no matter where you grow it. If you are outdoors things like rain can cause mold. I don't really even know what you are comparing with your whole CA vs CO- I haven't checked but I'd be willing to bet that CA grows way more outdoor than CO will ever be able simply due to grow season and conditions, so of course you will probably hear more people talking about it as there are more people doing it.. Humidity is just one factor of many things that will effect growth and plant health...

What I'm getting at is that the region plays a much bigger role than the strains "resistance" power, especially when it comes to mold.

And I never said CA and CO are the only places that grow.

Here are the humidity levels for 50 states.

I'm sure this issue exists outside the US as well, of course...

What I'm getting at is that the region plays a much bigger role than the strains "resistance" power, especially when it comes to mold.

And I never said CA and CO are the only places that grow.

Here are the humidity levels for 50 states.

I'm sure this issue exists outside the US as well, of course...

Really, you think so? even with indoor??

and besides giving you a very vague idea of what one singular aspect of growing conditions might be like in an extremely vast area, those averages do nothing for an individual grower, especially a indoor farmer... California has so many different climates that vary greatly with location, from desert to mountain to beach... I doubt those averages mean anything at all when it comes to farming in specific locations...

And surely you don't think that the median humidity is the only thing that might impact mold? What about growing methods, we can set genetics aside for now.

Last edited:
Yes, even with indoor.

All of my indoor crops took about 4-5 days of actual drying before I started the curing process. That's less time than anyone I've heard that grows in a more humid area. Let me ask you you, how long does it take to dry your indoor crop?

Also, here in Colorado our buds are dry out faster than most other places with a higher humidity. Simple tasks such as packing a bowl can be much different here than in California for the simple reason of humidity. There isn't as much need for grinders here in Colorado because often times a simple finger crush is enough to split this dry bud up fast.

Humidity plays a huge role in not only the cultivation but the use of cannabis as well.

I like anything, as long as it has a good terpene profile. Terps over everything!

My favorites all tend to be hybrids though and what I've really been diggin the past few months is Tangie by DNA. Haven't had a chance to try the new double tangie banana, 24k tangie, or the kosher tangie, but they all sound fire to me. Anything really with that orange citrus terp is candy IMO.

Yes, even with indoor.

All of my indoor crops took about 4-5 days of actual drying before I started the curing process. That's less time than anyone I've heard that grows in a more humid area. Let me ask you you, how long does it take to dry your indoor crop?

Also, here in Colorado our buds are dry out faster than most other places with a higher humidity. Simple tasks such as packing a bowl can be much different here than in California for the simple reason of humidity. There isn't as much need for grinders here in Colorado because often times a simple finger crush is enough to split this dry bud up fast.

Humidity plays a huge role in not only the cultivation but the use of cannabis as well.

so in your mind outdoor humidity plays a role even in sealed, indoor environments running environmental controls, such as dehumidifer/humidifier, heating/cooling, and CO2 levels?

that's interesting..