• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

San Pedro second attempt-need experts knowledge...

golmo

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. this time I froze the cactus X3 times and collected all the cactus juice (after thawed). then I added some more water to the solids,let it soak for few hours and then squeezed the solids to collect the water. the juice and water were combined and drank. (no tea was made-no heat).

it was pretty easy to drink. no nausea at all for 1 hour then suddenly from 0-100 I needed to puke because I could feel the effects starting. but after I puked all the effects were gone for 2 hour until reappeared.

It was strong,I could clearly feel the effects (even lasted for many hours) and it was not placebo but it felt like it was the effects of the other alkaloids and not of the mescaline. it was lack all the awe of the world,no euphoria,couldnt see and feel the energy of everything.
there were strong visuals but in the form of patterns-the clouds were changing shapes and went bigger and smaller,the floor tiles patterns acted the same. but it was not colorful nor bright nor fairytale like.
so in one way it was strong but in the other way it wasnt magical,I cant explain it.

1.maybe all the mescaline was left in the solids but its hard for me to believe that all the other alkaloids were extracted to the juice without the mescaline which is water soluble too.

2.maybe it was just a cactus that had not much mescaline but a lot of other alkaloids.

3.maybe it was a mescaline effect but this time it was this way?

I dont really know what happened and will be happy to hear your thoughts.
THANKS

addition:
last time I ate fresh flesh. I took 390 grams of dark green flesh only and could manage to eat only 130 out of it. I puked 1 hour later and the overall trip was maybe 3-4/10. the cactus used in this post is the remaining 260 grams. I strained all the 260 grams of solids and drank the water.

I dont make a tea because I cant handle the taste. this juice was much better.
I think though that next time I will make a tea but without lemon because I think that the added lemon makes the tea taste much worse.

edit: In addition, I want to avoid eating it because cactus has a lot of unwanted materials in it like calcium,chlorophyl and more...
and is keeping the juice/tea for 1 hour till puke enough?

Unwanted calcium and clorophyll? Those are good side contents, but to each their own.
I’m betting it’s just a case of dosage - that piece just wasn’t very strong, maybe?
Remember that every trip has the potential of being unique in effects.
If stuff was warping, but not colorful, that was just the trip being itself.
I;ve had trips with zero visuals, some with serious overlays, and everything in between.
Especially with cactus.

Also, diet and meds can play a factor.
All in all, I’d say try an extraction next time if taste is an issue.
Hoping for better trips!

thank you for your reply.
and what i meant by calcium is cactus has calcium oxalate which is harmful to the kidneys. and chlorophyl is healthy but not in large amounts (as far as i know)

I've experienced this exact phenomenon a handful of times with San Pedro and Peruvian Torch cacti. It sounds very much like a simple case of "sub-par cactus". The main times I've had this experience is after preparing the cactus within a couple days of receiving it, especially when I find it at a hardware store. This is somewhat counterintuitive as stressing a healthy cactus almost always produces a better experience; however the cactus needs to be fairly healthy prior to stressing it to produce maximum effects.

These days I generally grow a cactus for many months or even years before I try it. Getting the cactus good and healthy, but then "stressing" it for a few weeks before taking a cutting makes a huge difference IME. Underwatering and somewhat depriving it from sunlight seems to cause the cactus to increase its alkaloid production as the alkaloids are a protective mechanism that is meant to protect the cactus from predation, so in theory, the more vulnerable a cactus gets, the more protective alkaloids it will produce. Try using a healthy, but stressed cactus in the future, you'd be amazed at the difference it can make😉

Edit: I should also mention that I very rarely take a cutting from a cactus that isn't big enough to survive taking the aforementioned cutting. Small cacti tend to have a lower alkaloid content, so simply buying a 6"-12" cactus and preparing it often leads to disappointment...

Last edited:
I use cactus that I grow. This one was maybe 2 years old even more probably. they grow very fast where I live (not in US). this cutting was over 72 cm long and even that much remained in ground. I grow them in the garden not in pots. it was very healthy and was stressed for about 3 months.
maybe this method is not good enough or the cactus was weak

From what I’ve seen genetics effects alkaloid profile moreso than potency..

Some cacti just don’t have much Mescaline in them, some but mainly other alkaloids which give the bulk of effect. Even then, every Mescaline containing cactus is different and every experience is different.

I’d say look for another source, I’ve bought cacti from many sources over the years and kept a cutting or two from each batch I really enjoyed.

Also you may still have too ideal of growing conditions for them, based on how fast they grow there. Try a cutting or two inside with less lighting, I’ve found skinny indoor homegrown cacti to be superior to stuff I buy online. I like to often grow out what I buy now first for this reason. Talking skinny little 1-2in width tops.

-GC

thanks! I dont buy them I grow them. and maybe they are too healthy (lol?) but I stress them for months before consuming them. I have the solids in the freezer now and I will boil them and then I will be able to compare the boiled tea with the juice squeezed from thawed cactus.
and by the way I will have a Bridgesii soon and will try it too. (all I have for now are Pachanois)

What the original post sounds like is a classic great mescaline trip. I'll have what what he's having, hands menu back to waiter.

thanks! I dont buy them I grow them. and maybe they are too healthy (lol?) but I stress them for months before consuming them. I have the solids in the freezer now and I will boil them and then I will be able to compare the boiled tea with the juice squeezed from thawed cactus.
and by the way I will have a Bridgesii soon and will try it too. (all I have for now are Pachanois)

I definitely prefer Bridgesii, they grow slower but much more potent. And trust me I know it sounds dumb but the more stressed the plant, or vulnerable it feels the more Mescaline it will produce..

Also using tops off cuttings you have repeatedly cut is another way, the plant is trying to ward off predators or in this case psychedelic aficionados. I’ve got really old cuttings that produce stronger than they did years ago.

-GC

What the original post sounds like is a classic great mescaline trip. I'll have what what he's having, hands menu back to waiter.
i had a much stronger trip before but that strong and special was only once

and what i meant by calcium is cactus has calcium oxalate which is harmful to the kidneys. and chlorophyl is healthy but not in large amounts (as far as i know)

The toxic species is the oxalate anion, in the stomach oxalate salts are converted to oxalic acid which is absorbed, it then causes kidney damage by forming insoluble calcium oxalate crystals in the kidney (from calcium naturally present in urine).

Chlorophyll is not toxic at all in the amounts found in the diet.

It's one possibility, but there are several other compounds that also form kidney/bladder stones too.

When I was into drugs San Pedro cacti fascinated me but I never took it as at the time it was very difficult to find in my country, and the nausea and vomiting were a turn off.