• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

San Pedro preparation techniques

^^^Fair enough, but are you telling me you'd rather try to digest that gooey cactus over eating a pill containing synth. mescaline?

after talking to a variety of people, yes

its all part of the experience

san pedro has been used for 1000's of years in that particular way...i wouldnt wanna do it different
seems blaspehmous towards them if u get me :p

wHiTeBoY said:
after talking to a variety of people, yes

its all part of the experience

san pedro has been used for 1000's of years in that particular way...i wouldnt wanna do it different
seems blaspehmous towards them if u get me :p
Each to their own man, mescaline is magical enough on its own and if I can avoid the nausea I will. Evolution!:) We can synth. now!

also, while mescaline might by san pedro's main active ingredient, there are many other active alkaloids which all work towards the san pedro experience. This experience would hence be to some extent different from a pure mescaline trip. Whose's to say which is better, personal preference I suppose.

I wasn't sure if synthetic mescaline even existed.

What's the name, address, and mother's maiden name of YOUR dealer?

:p

^ Guess you missed reading the following:

PiHKAL #096: Mescaline; 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY: Mescaline is one of the oldest psychedelics known to man. It is the major active component of the small dumpling cactus known as Peyote. It grows wild in the Southwestern United States and in Northern Mexico, and has been used as an intimate component of a number of religious traditions amongst the native Indians of these areas. The cactus has the botanical name of Lophophora williamsii or Anhalonium lewinii and is immediately recognizable by its small round shape and the appearance of tufts of soft fuzz in place of the more conventional spines. The dried plant material has been classically used with anywhere from a few to a couple of dozen of the hard tops, called buttons, being consumed in the course of a ceremony.

Throughout the more recently published record of clinical human studies with mescaline, it has been used in the form of the synthetic material, and has usually been administered as the sulfate salt.

BigTrancer :)

Mescaline is a simple tri-substituted phenethylamine and can be prepared from hundreds of starting materials, many of which are found throughout nature.

Some time ago, obviously being essential to the wellbeing of armed forces personnel, the Australian military found it necessary to determine it was possible to produce mescaline where-ever forces might be gathered ;)

So what species could be used which grow all over Australia?

Mescalyptus

Edit: URL Updates

Extraction of Mescaline from Cacti

Last edited:
Trichocerereus Pachanoi - grafting success?

Around two years ago somebody I know inherited a San Pedro cactus, only a little one. It was very sick at the time, and still is. It has never been a healthy lime green, and the thorns seem to have gotten smaller, and are becoming brittle. They guessed San Pedro, because it was columnar, with a basic 8 ribbed star shape, and it had been cut flat very close to the base, with new shoots sprouting from the edges of this base. However, upon doing some research and finding some other cacti, cutting them up, searching erowid and all the net, even asking some people who had lived in Peru, they could not determine 100% whether it was San Pedro. Yeah it looked a hell of a lot like it, but too many signs pointed to maybe, and he was just sitting there with little/no attention for a while.

Fortunately, this summer, they said it flowered. On their reports, it is indeed Trichocereus Pachanoi. They've recently replanted it into a similar size terracotta pot as the plastic one it has always lived in, with charcoal along the bottom and a mixture of the existing soil and some of the soil formula I found on http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mes03.htm, They say it is going ok, but looks a little sick from the transplant shock. It also has water rot, a room mate of theirs overwatering all the cacti and succulents severely while they were away. The cactus suffered for a while. Still quite pale, with large brown flaked sections of skin.

My question, does anyone know how long water rot lasts, does it ever grow out? what is the damage to the mescaline content of my friends cacti if any? Many sources recommend cutting away water rot, however due to the severity of this (may be in the root system, hard to tell) and the smallness of their cactus, this may not be the best thing to do.
They've asked me to help save their cactus, can anyone with much experience with rot advise them what to do? I would describe it as about 30 cm high, but very thin (he does not grow from a base, rather a point of a rib, meaning he is shaped like an ends-twisted dooby sorta) and not happy. I have doubts about success with grafting/cloning while he is this sick. He hasn't grown much in 2 yrs, only two new tiny ones from the base. They want to graft these elsewhere when they are slightly bigger as they have no rot, but it will be years before they are decent at this rate. They wish to buy more grafting stock for the tiny ones, and hope to graft the rotted one on them as well.

And also has anyone had any success growing plants, not just cacti, in the middle of the city? These get great sun, but you can literally see the dust from the freeway and traffic settling on them. Most of the regular plants look a bit twisted and small, anyone else noticed this with plants in full pollution? Apparently they get plenty of water.

Thanks for all your thoughts peoples.

Last edited:
Cacti (especially those of the Trichocereus genus) are particually hardy. So long as they get good sunlight and light soil with decent drainage they will grow quite nicely even in the city. Some plants do not fair so well in such environments. Be aware that, if your plants are potted and you live in an apartment that they will dry out exceedingly quickly due to constant airflow and the low moisture retention rate of pots (small volume not much storage capacity). Plants will also become stunted if they are in high wind areas, such as the upper stories of an apartment building. Generally speaking your plants wont be too sensitive to the polution itself; they are more likely reacting to the general nature of the climate. Perhaps you should do a search online and find plants that survive well in pots and are more spesifically suited to your climate and they area in which you are growing them (is it full sun, low light, high wind, very cold, very hot, very wet ect).

after reading this thread, i decided to try my hand at growing these cactus, I bought what i believe to be San Pedro ie Trichocereus pachanoi
its a 5 star shape, with no signifigant spines, its about 4feet tall.
looking at photos, it does look very similar to a San Pedro, but i'd like to be 100%

does a 5star shape exclude it from being a san pedro ??

^^ not necessarily, but if you posted a picture we could probably identify it.

prolly not the best photos.

Attachments

• image_00017.jpg
    image_00017.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 120
i also got 2 smaller ones that are slightly different to that one, but ill let them grow a bit before i try to identify them

It does look a lot like a pedro, but the ribs are probably a little too thin.

Very hard to tell with those pics.

phatwithapkoolwithak, it sounds as tho your pedro isn't getting enough sunlight. They do tend to grow thin at the top if deprived.

Rot is a scary thing. If you suspect that it will not live, it would probablt be best to cut the top off as close as the rot as possible and let it dry and seal over before repotting.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

I would say that isn't san pedro. I have seen it around in gardens before but havn't been able to positively identify it. I am willing to be corrected though...

Those pics Boodha show that they are definitely not Trichocereus Pachanoi or any other type of Trichocereus for that matter. I will say that they are definitely from the Cereus Species, most likely a Cereus Peruvianus which contains no mescaline at all, these cactus are often mistaken for being Trichocereus Pachanoi.

Here is a link to a site that clearly shows the differences between the two: http://www.pearyhenson.org/trichocereus/index.htm

Last edited:
cool cheers guys, i have 2 others that im gunna try to grow, so ill post pics of them soon to help me identify them, the ribs on the 2 others are more "full"
:)

is there a better time to identify them ?? ie, would a small plant be harder to indetify as a older larger plant ??
if you know what i mean ?