View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

San Pedro Iso Extraction Minimum Dosage

frank1985

Greenlighter
I have a 30g of powdered san pedro skin cuts - the kind that's sold as 'pot pourri'. Is this enough for an isopropyl extraction? If necessary I can add another 30. Anything to avoid that horrid bitter taste :S

Last edited:
The problem with this kind of extraction is you can't know for sure how much mescaline you will have in the end. An extract from 30g should be a good dose if your cactus have average potency, which should be around 100mg mescaline per 10g of cactus.

Last edited:
Wow that's supposed to be average? Twice I used an ounce of high-quality cactus chips and had great trips, but certainly it was nowhere near 100mg per 1g, as 2800mg would have entered dangerous/overwhelming territory.

My understanding is that mescaline is a pretty forgiving substance, so assuming lower potency what would be a minimum amount of dried to trip on? I realize this isn't the best HR question.

You ought to trip. Diffecult to say how hard. Iv'e only used Peruvian Torch. 30 would be an okay trip, not too overwhelming. I do find that Mesaline also has great qualaties in lower doses

Wow that's supposed to be average? Twice I used an ounce of high-quality cactus chips and had great trips, but certainly it was nowhere near 100mg per 1g, as 2800mg would have entered dangerous/overwhelming territory.

ooops, My bad! I meant to say 100mg per 10g, since good quality cactus should have an average of 1g of mescaline per 100g of cactus..
Edited the post above..

^Those numbers seem a bit high for san pedro. I have a lot of experience with this particular breed of cacti and 100 grams of even the highest quality cactus contained nowhere near 1000mgs of mescaline. Peurivian Torch or Peyote on the other hand could easily contain 100mg per 10 grams. 30gs of san pedro, regardless of the quality is IME basically inactive while 30gs of good Peruvian Torch can produce some very nice effects.

Last edited:
It's impossible to tell until you extract the stuff. The growing conditions and genetics of the cactus matter so much that 1 kilo of San Pedro could yield anywhere between 2 grams and 20 mg of mescaline freebase.

I think you'll be lucky to get anything above threshold with 30g. Good luck.