View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia

bobschicken

Greenlighter
A little background, I have been a daily cannabis smoker for the past year or so and lately I have had the desire to try a psychedelic lately. I have never tried salvia and due to its legal status and the availability of it salvia seemed like the best option. However I have heard that salvia is a very powerful drug so I thought that microdosing would be the best way to try it. Does anyone have any experience microdosing salvia? If so is it worth it?

This drug is nothing like cannabis NOTHING! it makes you trip just trip!Anyway in a my expereience! i only smoked a little so id say thats micrososing since i was scared to take to much lol! was just a mild something i felt! but as a psychedelic it totally just trips you out if you take an average amount!lol i remember once my frend gave my other freiend a bong and said it was weed and it was salvia! he freaked out! lol it defo was not funny! i could not have done that to somebody he could of done anything! Luckely we told him and he was ok the next day (i think) still be scared for life not seen him in a while! lol!

but yea we used to take it for somehting different i suppose was always a good laugh! as there was always the top weed smoker (giving it the big 1 at times) no body could beat the salvia trip lol! and it be funny to think people that could handle it stuck the the couch for 20 minites lol

This isn't a trip report, so I'm moving to the PD forum.

But yeah, salvia is absolutely nothing like cannabis. It's probably the most intense drug experience one can have if you go all the way. Microdosing produces some interesting sensations and experiences. There are better psychedelics to start out on (plus salvia is actually a dissociative, not a psychedelics).

I disagree with salvia being a dissociative, the effects are nothing like ketamine, dxm or nitrous. Yes, it produces out of body experiences but the similarity ends there.

As for starting out, salvia might scare you. However the oaxaca shamans recommend using salvia first, then LSA and then mushrooms.

i died from using salvia, atleast mentally

i took the hit, held in 30 secs, i remember saying i dont feel anything, took another big hit, and held it in 15 secs, as i couphed it out, a alien fruit taste spread from the tip of my tounge down my toungue across my mouth, then on my lips, where it spread to my nose and eyes and face, when i could taste alien fruit in my ears, reality broke, like shattered, nothing left, i though god was punishing me for using drugs and had thrown me into hell, and im not a religious person

i remember colors that were simituanuasly 3 at once, i remember red yellow black and oarnge as one color that had 4 dimensions, everything else had like 5-7 dimensions

i spinned on a pinweel in the unreal colors, legs running at light speed, but out of my control

any attempt to move, would have my body parts fly away from me, as i was the equivalent of rayman, hands head body and feet floating around and flying apart, but always coming back together eventually

eventually, i saw a chair break through the colors, it was the onky 3 d object in a 7 dimension world, i grabbed onto it and it flew faster and faster like a horse trying to buck me off, i held on, almost losing my grip more than once, after a while of this, everything went white, or more of lost its color, there was nothing for infinite other than this bubble i was in, the chair was there to, with the ground beneath me, and omg my fucking body finally

after staying in this limbo for a couple minutes, or a eternity, i saw the devil floating 10 feet above me, i screamed at him and vowed to kill him (dont know why dont ask), he gave me a confused face, and turned out to be my friend who had given me the salvia in the end, i still wanted him dead though, we arent friends anymore

all he said was "hey man it feels similar to weed, it will make you trip balls!" and i though trip balls meant have like a massive buzz or something since i was 15

oh and this experience gave me PTSD and HPPD

meanwhile, while all that happened, back in real life, after i took the hit, i got up, with a blank stare, lifted a heavy glass table above my head with one hand, a chair with the other, held them for 30 seconds, dropped them, fell to the ground and cried and screamed and clawed at the floor for 5 minutes ish, at which point i was screaming at my friend that he was the devil and stuff, after which i came down 30 seconds later

EDIT: this part was desribed to me by my "friend", i had no view of the real world during the trip, or any sense of what was going on, and what i smoked was apparently 50x potency of regular salvia leafs

Last edited:
I disagree with salvia being a dissociative, the effects are nothing like ketamine, dxm or nitrous. Yes, it produces out of body experiences but the similarity ends there.

As for starting out, salvia might scare you. However the oaxaca shamans recommend using salvia first, then LSA and then mushrooms.

Well it's classified as a dissociative. It's a kappa opioid receptor agonist so it works totally differently from NMDA antagonists but it's still a dissociative.

I must agree with Xorkoth. Regardless of its classification, with my experience with salvia and many other psychedelics with more classic effects, I would not describe it as a psychedelic. It is certainly completely mind bending and could, I suppose, be described as 'trippy'. It's more mind warping than mind manifesting.

Well bobschicken, despite the debate about whether it's a dissociative or not, Kratomman420's posts are a reasonable description of what you might expect if you either intentionally or accidentally hit on what is termed a breakthrough dose.

For what it's worth, I'm with Xorkoth and Don Luigi on this one.

I am really interested in trying salvia, it sounds very very interesting even if scary as fuck. I have never ever had a bad trip on any dissociative or psychedelic; I've had a couple of very intense k holes (one where I thought I had awoken from a virtual world where I was an experiment and my whole life I had built meant nothing, I was an experiment and I was done with. I thought that was it.) but I would never describe them as bad trips, I've always taken something away from them.

I wonder how I'd be on salvia.

Last edited:
i reallllyyy recommend NOT, do you need something legal to trip on? you can buy san pedro cactus online, which contains mescaline,i think youd have better luck with that, or the dextromethorphan only couphsyrup

i would literally for 4 whole years, when i talked or wrote or thought about it, the trip, or salvia, i would cry for about a hour, and i had constant nightmares about it, and i felt like i was slipping back into the trip occasionally, for example right now i would be in tears at the start, as it is i still have horrible anxiety shakes and a trippy feeling because i am merely thinking about it, dont do it, you have NO IDEA what you are getting yourself into, i said 5 minutes, that 5 minutes has no meaning, time doesent fucking exist, you might as well be there for a couple hundred years

ESPECIALLY if you havent tried any other hallucinogens

to be frank, i think youd be asking for pain if you choose this, not like pain as in your outlook on life will change and youll be better for it, youll see god and hell touch your brain and youll know everything, no im talking about pain as in your mentally damaged afterward for years

there is SO MUCH BETTER legal hallucinogens in the usa, dont do this

Edit: if your first trip is bad, the continuing trips afterward probaly will have flashbacks of that first bad trip ruining them, so think about that to, ruining your chances of ever comfortably being able to experience GOOD hallucinogens, this includes weed for alot of people, im not sure if im spelling hallucinogens right but fuck it

Last edited:
i just saw that you tried ketamine, this isnt the same, not at all, ketamine feels euphoric, this is dysphoric, it makes you exit your body, the similarities stop there, ive tried both, and dxm, and dmt and mescaline and shrooms and salvia, salvia is a piece of shit compared to dxm and ketamine, its a kappa opiod agonist or antagonist i dont remember, and dxm/ketamine are NMDA agonists or antagonists, so completely different parts of the brain your stimulating

i just saw that you tried ketamine, this isnt the same, not at all, ketamine feels euphoric, this is dysphoric, it makes you exit your body, the similarities stop there, ive tried both, and dxm, and dmt and mescaline and shrooms and salvia, salvia is a piece of shit compared to dxm and ketamine, its a kappa opiod agonist or antagonist i dont remember, and dxm/ketamine are NMDA agonists or antagonists, so completely different parts of the brain your stimulating
Thanks for the advice man. After reading your posts I'm honesty not sure if I should try it now, I have experience with mainly LSD in terms of psychs and ket with dissociatives but while I've read a lot about salvia with almost all being unpleasant, there has always been something which makes me want to try it.

I will heed your advice though, and I thank you for it.

Thanks for the advice man. After reading your posts I'm honesty not sure if I should try it now, I have experience with mainly LSD in terms of psychs and ket with dissociatives but while I've read a lot about salvia with almost all being unpleasant, there has always been something which makes me want to try it.

I will heed your advice though, and I thank you for it.

cool man, i have two friends who apparently loved it, so you might like it, its just kinda rare, i guess try it if you wanna risk it

but seriously though, if you like lsd and ket, youll love dxm and mescaline, i remember the first time i used mescaline i ate 3 feet of brigdessi that i had growing in my yard for a couple years, and i ate 200 mg of dxm on top of it, and that was one of the best psycedelic experiences i have had ever, lasted over 24 hours

and you can aquire both legally, theres some laws involved in eating the brigdessi though, like if they find you harvesting it and cutting it up and throwing a foot in your blender, im pretty sure your screwed, but if theres a foot of cactus in your mailbox your good, just say your growing it and you had no idea

as for pure dxm, go to any pharmacy and ask for dxm only couphsyrup, the other ingredients just complicate things, some of the dxm products may make you sick because of abuse detterants, so go slow

btw 3 feet of fresh brigdessi is a fucking huge dose, i would start out with half a foot if your looking to trip, or even a quarter of a foot, along with 100 mg of dxm

if you do this, you are looking at atleast 6 hours of hallucinations, then atleast a 12 hour afterglow

stay away from benadryll and nutmeg

Last edited:
It sounds like you had a truly traumatic experience with salvia Kratomman420 and i'm sorry to hear that bud, but i've noticed that the negative effects you've listed are mostly reported in smoked experience reports. From what i can tell from reading people's experiences with oral and sub lingual the route of administration and the dosage is the difference between an arguably good experience and an arguably bad experience. Just some thoughts on the matter

It sounds like you had a truly traumatic experience with salvia Kratomman420 and i'm sorry to hear that bud, but i've noticed that the negative effects you've listed are mostly reported in smoked experience reports. From what i can tell from reading people's experiences with oral and sub lingual the route of administration and the dosage is the difference between an arguably good experience and an arguably bad experience. Just some thoughts on the matter

Was going to chime in to say just that.
Salvia has a bad reputation because of the way it is being consumed nowadays, i.e. smoked fortified extracts.
I don't have direct experience with this ROA, but chewing untreated leaves is said to provide a slow and much more gentle/manageable experience that you can actually learn from.

I think I've posted it before, but you might want to read this blog before writing salvia off completely: http://sagedivinations.tumblr.com/