• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Salvia Subthread] Buccal (quid) / Sublingual / Oral Salvia

Lady Salvia - what an incredible plant. It's great that you managed to find some. Australian drug laws are pretty draconian (like all drug laws), why did they have to pick on the green goddess?

Five leaves would be fine, but you may find that you need a much greater dose than that. Have you checked Daniel Siebert's salvia website? There is a lot of information on there regarding sublingual dosing, and good doses for it. You will probably find other dosage information by scouring the net. I read somewhere that the Mazatecs select 20 something of the best leaves from their salvia plants to dose. This, I believe, is for the chewing/buccal method, since that wouldn't be enough leaves for the oral method.

Don't go too overboard with clearing out sharp objects and stuff, as that will only reinforce a sense that you are out of control of yourself. Whilst Salvia will indeed completely take you by suprise, there is very little reason to worry that you are going to do stupid or dangerous things on it. That would apply more to brugmansia and datura trips. :) In bed with music is great. I think music with Salvia is fantastic, because it provides a frame of temporal reference during the completely non-linear time domain of the salvia experience. Impossible to explain, but you will know what I mean when you experience it.

Outside settings are great. I think this applies to all psychedelics. But Salvia is equally profound both indoors and outdoors. Of course a return to Gaia on the comedown in an outdoors nature setting is going to be magnitudes more comfortable and euphoric than coming round in your bedroom. But actually, because of the profundity of the experience, it might not be that much of an issue especially with your first time. You will be merging with your bedclothes and experiencing things in a way you never ever thought possible.

Having said that, with a mild sublingual experience, you may be more inclined to trip outdoors in nature because you will be far more aware of your surroundings. When you smoke it, you are blasted to other dimensions of existence. But overall, I think the setting always makes a difference, and if I had the choice to be out in the australian bush to use Salvia, I would probaly take that opportunity. :)

I wouldn't worry about making a lot of noise on a sublingual trip, especially the dose you are planning. You will probably find that you will want to redose higher after an hour or so anyway. The main things I would watch out for is just make sure you have some time alone to yourself, no distractions. Make sure you are not clock-watching about having to be somewhere or do something in the next few hours; not because you won't be functional, but because you want your mind to be free of constraints, and just to focus on the experience and dedicate your entire self to it.

About trying it in the same room that you have had two prior bad trips; that's a tricky one. I would say that with Salvia, it's not going to be a problem at all, since the experience is completely different to anything you ever experienced, and it doesn't push you in to those kinds of directions of obsessive thought. It is a very depersonalizing experience, and you are extremely unlikely to get caught up in the kinds of thought loops that psychedelics sometimes exacerbate in anxious individuals.

I hope you have a great experience! If you are using the quid method, you should soak your leaves in water for an hour or so, and then roll them up in to a quid and stuff them in your mouth. Chew them to masticate the juices out, but
don't chew them too vigorously otherwise they will fall to pieces and you will have a mouth overflowing with saliva. Try to keep it all in your mouth for at least 30 minutes without swallowing. You should know by then how hard you are going to trip.

Good luck, and happy travels :D

Thanks for the in-depth reply. I write to you from the footsteps of Lady Salvia's domain. I ended up taking just the five leaves, some forty minutes ago (?! it seems more like five minutes) and the effects have been light enough to qualify for David Siebet's first 'S' level - subtle. The main effect is distortion of body image. I'm sensitive to touch and most tactile sensations have become unpleasant. Also, I keep thinking there are insects crawling on me. This is because I decided to do it outside, and the first thing that happened was, little ants made ramps out of my legs where I sat. The final straw was when one of them came carrying a squirming white worm that looked like it would pop nicely if you squeezed it. Confident these were not hallucinations but merely nature's way of telling me to fuck off, I walked back inside to my room.

The dissociated headspace is a mix of first-plateau DXM and mescaline. The feel of it is decidedly psychedelic, but with a weirder and more ominous tone than anything I've encountered. It's like the jewel-encrusted atmosphere of LSD, with the twisted kiss of a promise that we're going deep into my mind, down inner corridors that could drive me crazy for life. I can feel the presence of Lady Salvia. "Who broaches at my realm?" The character of her is not something we have words for. It's a very distinct personality and only those who have actually taken salvia will be able to recall it, and most of them much better than I, at this lightest of thresholds in which I'm still able to write out the experience.

In short, I'm hungry, and I would like this to end so I can go cook something nice and think about my big mescaline trip on Thursday, the subject of which now worries me because the half-dried star-shaped cuttings I have by the heater and fan on my bedroom floor have taken on a spongey texture and are no longer bitter to the mouth. My fifth underwhelming mescaline experience? I so seriously hope not.

Speaking of bitter, the taste of salvia leaves in much like calea zacatechichi, only not as bad, though they make up for this by the sheer amount of time you must hold them in your mouth.

I was wondering if anyone has tried snorting the tinctures of salvinorin A, 1 or 2 mL wouldn't be too much to snort would it?

^It depends on who made the tincture and how concentrated it is. But for most of the tincures you can buy from etnhobotanical sellers, it would be way too much to snort. Also it would hurt your nose badly, and is probably just not worth it unless you could get a much more concentrated and purified form of the alkaloids.

Yeah I was mainly just pondering the possibility of it I probably wont be doing salvia anytime soon.

Salvia Extract quid

Has anyone ever tried using salvia extract (5, 10, 20x...) sublingually? how much would be needed to induce mild psychedelic trippy stuff.

should I mix it with a dab of juice and put it in my lip? or put it in a teabag maybe.

Was also thinking that sprinkling a bag into a pinch of chew could make for an interesting ROA combo.

Thoughts?

i thik you would need something to hold it in to keep it all together (otherwise its gonna go everywhere in your mouth most likely), but yeah ive wondered this too. some kind of bag taht will allow absorption

Today I tried this method with very little success. I prepared the salvia by putting it in a tea bag and placed it in my front lower lip. I eventually bit a hole in the bar and put most of the powder under my tongue. the contents were in my mouth, swallowing about half of the plant material, spitting the rest out.

Earlier this morning I had taken about 35-40 morning glory seeds which isn't really enough to trip on but with it I found a large, but enjoyable, body load.Crushed with a whiskey glass and chewed and parked. The warmth of this body load reminded me of the flu like warm caused by seroquel and was reminicant of an opiate high (like taking one percocet maybe). I wanted to smile and laugh a lot. Music sounded better. Only vary small visual disturbance about 3:30 after dosing. Will be looking into it further! PS about .6 of decent dank smoked throughout day.

The salvia did not work so well. If there were any effects they would likely be placebo. Smoking 1/6th of the amount I used in my quid produced a trip that came up quickly and then launched into some crazy shit. first I get the feeling like I loose motor control, especially in the face, and begin feeling "pulled down" physically. I go lie down and then my room starts changing from a cube to a whole assortment of irrational shapes. I get this sense of the room peeling. Eventually about 10 mins or so later I jussst start to come down and am able to run to my roomates room to verify I am in this universe. Slowly recoup and afterglow for about 45mins.

This all happened after I took the quid out and decided to smoke a bowl of salvia. It was 30x and consumed about 0.42g in a quid and 0.08g in a bong.

All in all decent day, but would say that smoking is the most effective. will try the vaporizer and post. Also find that letting the trip take over at points will change the overall tone of an experience.